View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 19th, 2014, 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Highlight Reel 4/14 
Modmin Dude

Post Highlight Reel 4/14
http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/highlightreel/

Quote:
Thursday, April 14, 2005

Lions like big Williams as a TE
FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki says the Lions are looking at WRs, which is correct, but he says it's because of concerns of Rogers' future. I don't know if I buy that. The interesting note is that Detroit projects USC WR Mike Williams as a TE.

There apparently is concern in Detroit over the future of WR Charles Rogers (two consecutive seasons ended prematurely due to collarbone injuries) for the Lions to entertain some of the draft's top receivers. However, they are apparently looking at former USC WR Mike Williams as a tight end. Some personnel people believe that Williams will be a 245-250-pound player in the NFL and that he doesn't have the quickness to be a wide receiver.

Print | Send To A Friend | Permalink (Learn More)

RFAs Kosier, Kassell sign
The Lions have signed a pair of restricted free agents. Here's the details from the Free Press.

The Lions have agreed to contract terms with two restricted free agents -- tackle Kyle Kosier of San Francisco and linebacker Brad Kassell of Tennessee. Their teams can match the Lions' offers by next week or let the players go in exchange for compensation.

The Sacramento Bee reports the terms of Kosier's contract, and the 49ers likely reaction.

The Detroit Lions signed tackle Kyle Kosier, a restricted free agent, to a one-year offer sheet worth about $1 million. The 49ers are expected to match the offer by next week.

April 14th, 2005, 2:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]