View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 If Millen could pull this off we would all bow down... 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
Post If Millen could pull this off we would all bow down...
Providing that DJ falls to us at #10 is there any way anybody thinks we could trade our way into snatching Jammal Brown. We would probably need to get ahead of St. louis at #19 :twisted: He is the best RT in the draft and he's powerful and athletic instead of the previous massive, slow, dim, McDougleasarus the recently became exctinct in the Great Lakes..." Never happen" would be the easy answer, I'm looking for some creative ideas fellas. The whole world reporting that the Lions just had the best draft again would be pretty awesome!!!!!

April 14th, 2005, 4:42 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't think that Brown is worth passing on DJ. I would spit at Matt's feet if he passed on DJ. No offense, just my opinion.

April 14th, 2005, 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
I don't think that Brown is worth passing on DJ. I would spit at Matt's feet if he passed on DJ. No offense, just my opinion.

I'm not suggesting we pass on DJ I'm saying we figure out a way to get both of them. I don't think anybody would be saying we had the best draft if Brown was the only guy we got in rd 1 :wink:

April 14th, 2005, 5:10 pm
RIP Killer

I don't see how it could happen unless we were to trade our 2nd and third rounders (possibly 4th) or to trade future picks...OR...trade some team players that suck.

Marion, Walker and a 6th rounder to Cincy for #17. Now if Millen could pull that off...I would bow down! Come on, Cincy needs help at safety! These guys will be help, to any team who plays them.

Ahh, anyway, joke time's over. It's doubtful, but crazy things happen. It all depends on what Millen thinks Brown is worth. Is he that franchise OT that Millen's been looking for?

Last edited by conversion02 on April 14th, 2005, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 14th, 2005, 5:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

not suggesting we pass on DJ I'm saying we figure out a way to get both of them. I don't think anybody would be saying we had the best draft if Brown was the only guy we got in rd 1

I get it now. I'm glad I understand you, I was thinking you are loopy. But, if he did it last year, he could do it again, but I can't really think how.

April 14th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: If Millen could pull this off we would all bow down...
lord55 wrote:
Providing that DJ falls to us at #10 is there any way anybody thinks we could trade our way into snatching Jammal Brown. We would probably need to get ahead of St. louis at #19 :twisted: He is the best RT in the draft and he's powerful and athletic instead of the previous massive, slow, dim, McDougleasarus the recently became exctinct in the Great Lakes..." Never happen" would be the easy answer, I'm looking for some creative ideas fellas. The whole world reporting that the Lions just had the best draft again would be pretty awesome!!!!!

I feel that Jamaal Brown is the best overall tackle in the draft. However, to move up and get him, even later in the first round would be too expensive. Even if the Rams don't pick him up, any of the following teams may be willing to from Dallas to Atlanta and all picks between. Khalif Barnes is another strong possibility.

From a personal standpoint I believe there are more pressing needs, and the Lions should make a value pick for that position in either round two, three or four. An option would be Ray Willis of Florida State in rounds three or four. He is a strong run blocker, but doesn't have the technique or athletic ability of his more heralded team mate Alex Barron. He would be a more than adequate addition to this team. Jeremy Parquet is another option who could be there in round three. He's probably the best overall athlete among the tackles available, but lacks ideal strength and technique. Chris Colmer of NC State had his draft status drop due to an illness that he had that will NOT re-occur, but teams are wary anyways. The Lions are too far down in the second to trade up into the middle of the first round. I wouldn't want them to trade away picks for next years draft, and that's what it would take.

April 14th, 2005, 5:34 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

It would most likely cost us a few pics or maybe a vet and some later pics.
Kalimba Edwards- Maybe one of the teams switching to 3-4 takes a look at his ability rather than his inability to play out of a three point stance.

Big daddy- Maybe somebody in the league needs an overpriced bulk to teach or help solidify a weak Dline.

Earl Holmes - Great blue collar MLB... great for somebody that needs one after we get DJ and move Teddy "oh yeah he's ready" Lehman into the middle.

Brock Marion-Maybe NFL Europe needs another former player to coach or Miami would take him back... but they might make us give them something for taking him. :lol:

You may disagree with the vets that I suggest here because of various obvious reasons for or against the Lions. They all came here in one way or another. One teams young underachieving or over the hill players are another teams idea of building a solid franchise. Look at Denver and Cleveland.

April 14th, 2005, 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]