View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 QB play 
Water Boy

Post QB play
I'm still new here but i would like to know how people think Joey will do this year?

I want Joey to be able to make people forget we have Garcia on the bench. In my opinion if your a fan you root for our players wether you like them or not. I did not say that love Joey or hate him only that I want him to succeed and I support him. He has a lot of very talented players around him now and I think any starting QB in the leage could win with our current roster. We have become a very strong team and I think that the only real ? is the QB position.

I think that the Lions would be wise to trade to try to trade out of the first round altogether so we could get 2 firsts next year.

My thinking on this is that we would be in position next year to trade up and draft Leinart out of USC if joey fails. Leinart could learn behind Garcia for a 1 to 2 yrs.

If Joey shows us that he is the man then we still have 2 first rounders in a much more talented draft.

April 15th, 2005, 10:56 am
Bubbles the Lion

I like your idea but i don't think we will need to get Matt Lienart...I think this is Joey's year he will do great... with one of those 2 first round picks we could maybe get Earl Holmes replacement A.J. Hawk...that is if we don't get DJ this year and move Teddy to ILB

April 15th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Bubbles the Lion

its kinda hard for me to judge on how joey will do, especially not knowing if and when the injury bug will bite us again. If all is good i think joey can have an excellent year. If we get bit again it will depend on who actually goes out. IMO i think he will have a good year he has the tools in himself to produce and as long as everything goes well he should be able to overcome the QB controversy hype and come out on top and produce the way we thought he would when we drafted him.

April 15th, 2005, 1:07 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer

I think that some competition will be good for everyone, espically Harrington. McMahon, Mirer, and Detmer were never a real threat to break into the starting line-up. Competition may be just what Joey needs to push him tot he next level.

Even if Garcia ends up starting I'll be ok with it as long as he produces.

April 15th, 2005, 1:25 pm
Pop Warner Vet

I pray everynight that Joey will progress. More for the sake of all these Joey fluffers than for any other reason.

IMO the Drew Brees progress is the exception rather than the rule for QBs. Drew was also basically a 3rd year QB having comprable amounts of starts with Joey but not in the stats :?

I seriously hope he sacks up but this will have to be the year you must admit. NO MORE developement time be the fuQing pro JOE!!!!

April 15th, 2005, 1:34 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

In regards to your first question :"I'm still new here but i would like to know how people think Joey will do this year? "

I have absolutely no idea. What I can say is that these factors will have a bearing on his season:

1. His play in preseason.
2. Garcia's health.
3. Millen's commitment to his guy.
4. Joey's ability to pass through the valley of shadow and find his confidence.

*4 is the key variable. This is a classic rite of passage or trial. There is absolutely no way to know if he will get it or not and if he does it could snap like that into place. Whether he passes this test or not, however, will determine the course of his whole future and even how his past is remembered.

April 15th, 2005, 2:09 pm

I should add that it is very rare that a QB gets a second chance from his position. History indicates that if he does not make it in Detroit it would be very hard for him to make it anywhere as a major player.

April 15th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I should add that it is very rare that a QB gets a second chance from his position. History indicates that if he does not make it in Detroit it would be very hard for him to make it anywhere as a major player.

That's a good point. Name a QB (or a coach for that matter) in recent history that went on to do anything meaningful in the NFL.

April 15th, 2005, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

new_shocked.gif

Aaron Gibson has helped anchor the bench in both Dallas and Chicago!

#-o qb or coach. I got nothing :cry:

April 15th, 2005, 2:22 pm

Gannon is the most recent example. He went from starter to long time back up, to injury fill in, to the Pro Bowl. That is pretty incredible cycle. In some ways more incredible than Warner.

April 15th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I meant Lions player or coach. Was Gannon ever here?

April 15th, 2005, 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, I meant starting QBs in the NFL. Lots of assistant coaches went on to greatness, Knoll, Shula, and a few others.

April 15th, 2005, 3:05 pm
Bubbles the Lion

well lets not forget that belicheck was once the head coach in Cleveland and when have the browns ever done anything.

April 15th, 2005, 3:17 pm
Profile YIM
Pop Warner Vet

I take the Browns to the Super Bowl everyday.

April 15th, 2005, 3:26 pm
Bubbles the Lion

I take the Browns to the Super Bowl everyday.

Yeah and i bet the patriots have never won a superbowl also. LMAO :lol:

April 15th, 2005, 3:29 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next