View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 DREW SHARP: A Super season? 
Modmin Dude

Post DREW SHARP: A Super season?
I'm not a big fan of Drew, but I have to admit, this is pretty funny......

DREW SHARP: A Super season?

Nah, backup QBs and Alex Smiths won't make Lions winners
April 14, 2005

BY DREW SHARP
FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

The road to Detroit and Super Bowl XL began with Wednesday's official announcement of the 2005 NFL schedule. How will the Lions fare? Grab a blindfold and let's go:

Sept. 11, vs. Green Bay -- Joey Harrington's short leash gets a little shorter. His most accurate pass doesn't come until the fourth quarter, when he hits No. 2 man Jeff Garcia standing on the sideline with a perfect strike -- to the head.
Green Bay 27, Lions 13 -- 0-1

Sept. 18, at Chicago -- First-round draft pick, quarterback Alex Smith, impresses in practice with his quick grasp of the three-yard dump-off on third-and-eight. Third-year receiver Charles Rogers gets a game ball for surviving two games with two fully functioning shoulders.
Lions 9, Chicago 7 -- 1-1

Oct. 2, at Tampa Bay -- Smith moves up to No. 2 on the depth chart after second-round selection, defensive end Alex Smith, lunges for the Bucs' quarterback, misses and accidentally nails Garcia standing on the sideline.
Lions 23, Tampa Bay 14 -- 2-1

Oct. 9, vs. Baltimore -- Garcia comes to the game in full body armor.
Baltimore 16, Lions 13 -- 2-2

Oct. 16, vs. Carolina -- Third-round draft pick, wide receiver Alex Smith, officially becomes a Lion after dropping four balls, including the potential game-winner. Coach Steve Mariucci blames Harrington for hitting him in stride.
Carolina 24, Lions 20 -- 2-3

Oct. 23, at Cleveland -- Garcia takes over as No. 1 quarterback, immediately making Harrington the most popular man in town now that he's No. 2. They're still tabulating Ty Detmer's total number of interceptions from the Lions' last visit here four years ago.
Lions 34, Cleveland 21-- 3-3

Oct. 30, vs. Chicago -- Garcia completes 25 of 27 passes for 80 yards and two three-yard touchdowns to fifth-round draft pick, tight end and part-time schoolteacher, Alex Smith.
Lions 17, Chicago 13 -- 4-3

Nov. 6, at Minnesota -- Even without Randy Moss, the Vikings' receiving corps remains deadly. Lions safety Brock Marion finally catches up to rookie receiving sensation Mike Williams, but it happens 12 hours after the game ends.
Minnesota 31, Lions 21 -- 4-4

Nov. 13, vs. Arizona -- Despite Garcia's presence in the huddle, the Lions' offense still struggles with consistency. Mariucci blames Harrington for showing up at practice.
Lions 17, Arizona 12 -- 5-4

Nov. 20, at Dallas -- Another tight game gets away in the final minutes when seventh-round draft pick, punter Alex Smith, has a cleat come loose. He inadvertently kicks his shoe instead of the ball.
Dallas 24, Lions 17 -- 5-5

Nov. 24, vs. Atlanta -- Charles Rogers celebrates his best game as a pro -- 10 catches, 150 yards and three touchdowns. But when giving teammate Roy Williams a high-five, he separates his other shoulder.
Lions 37, Atlanta 17 -- 6-5

Dec. 4, vs. Minnesota -- Free-agent signee, longshoreman Alex Smith, becomes the Lions' new long snapper. He misses the holder altogether, hitting Jason Hanson with the snap. Hanson dropkicks it through for the game-winning field goal.
Lions 27, Minnesota 24 -- 7-5

Dec. 11, at Green Bay -- Why bother? The Lions give the game to Brett Favre before kickoff as a retirement gift.
Green Bay 24, Lions 16 -- 7-6

Dec. 18, vs. Cincinnati -- The Lions are actually in playoff contention, prompting praise from owner William Clay Ford following the game. He hails the scouting department for finding "that great Alex Smith kid."
Lions 26, Cincinnati 21 -- 8-6

Dec. 24, at New Orleans -- The Lions realize that a victory could win the North Division, but Garcia throws two fourth-quarter interceptions. Mariucci blames Harrington for waking up that morning.
New Orleans 20, Lions 14 -- 8-7

Jan. 1, at Pittsburgh -- The Lions stumble toward the finish but nonetheless return to the glory days of 8-8. And considering the pathetic state of the NFC, that still might be good enough for a fourth seed in the playoffs.
Pittsburgh 27, Lions 14 -- 8-8

April 15th, 2005, 10:59 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

April 15th, 2005, 11:05 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Drew has confessed that the Lions burned him badly. Normally grief last 1/2 the duration of the relationship. I am not sure why he has not been able to find a new lover.

My complaint is repetition. If you look kept a calendar file of his articles on the Lions they are all exactly the same except for a substitution of the data. In January we saw the old Millen cannot draft. Now with the schedule out we see the sarcastic predictions. When will we see something new or original?

April 15th, 2005, 11:38 am
Modmin Dude

I don't think that Drew knows how to be original

April 15th, 2005, 11:55 am
Bubbles the Lion

That is hilarious...Mooch would do something like that to Harrington...That gave me a good laugh

April 15th, 2005, 12:20 pm
Modmin Dude

That is hilarious...Mooch would do something like that to Harrington...That gave me a good laugh

That what I was thinking. I can totally picture Mooch doing those things to Joey. I wonder if someone could send this to Mooch and see what his reaction is. :lol:

April 15th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Quote:
Coach Steve Mariucci blames Harrington for hitting him in stride.

April 15th, 2005, 12:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

April 15th, 2005, 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]