View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 28th, 2014, 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Butler at RT. What do you think? 
Cheerleader

Post Re: Butler at RT. What do you think?
Murtyle wrote:
Hey everyone this is my first time here but I have read some posts and everyone seems pretty knowlageble here. I don't get into a lot of Lions discussions down here in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway what does everyone think about the possibility of Butler or Rodgers starting at RT? I really think Butler has a strong upside he was considered second round talent last year and he fell to us in the 6th round. I am hearing that the brass is confident in him. Should we buy it?

Welcome!! I believe Butler WILL be the starting RT and be a good one for years. I do not understand why some people feel we need to draft a OT in the first or even 2nr rounds?? It makes no sense to me. Butler has the skills, attitude and determination to be a good player for us. GO LIONS!!

April 19th, 2005, 1:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

These are lame charges. I can't believe that he fell that far for them. They aren't violent crimes or drug use. To me those are the red flags. Hell I got a public intoxication charge for quoting the blue collar comedy tour. So that doen't bother me. Driving on a suspended license is just youth and he will grow out of that.

I tend to agree with you that he can (hopefully has already) grow out of this stuff. It's not good but clearly there's much worse trouble he could have gotten himself into.

The slide down from 2nd round to 6th round probably cost him a Million bucks so I'm guessing he's paid a much higher price than most and learned his lesson.

April 19th, 2005, 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Even if Butler doesn't pan out... there will be plenty of quality offensive tackles in next year's draft :P

April 19th, 2005, 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Post Re: Butler at RT. What do you think?
safetyblitz wrote:
Murtyle wrote:
Hey everyone this is my first time here but I have read some posts and everyone seems pretty knowlageble here. I don't get into a lot of Lions discussions down here in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway what does everyone think about the possibility of Butler or Rodgers starting at RT? I really think Butler has a strong upside he was considered second round talent last year and he fell to us in the 6th round. I am hearing that the brass is confident in him. Should we buy it?

Welcome!! I believe Butler WILL be the starting RT and be a good one for years. I do not understand why some people feel we need to draft a OT in the first or even 2nr rounds?? It makes no sense to me. Butler has the skills, attitude and determination to be a good player for us. GO LIONS!!

I don't think a lot of people know his story that is why. I think if they did there wouldn't be so much discussion about it. It certainly couldn't hurt to add depth to the o-line though.

April 19th, 2005, 8:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2