View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 05 Draft 

Who is your guy at #10 if he is still there?
Antrel Rolle 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Derrek Johnson 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Adam "Pac-Man" Jones 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Shawne Merriman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alex Smith (QB) 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33

05 Draft 
Mr. Irrelevant

Post 05 Draft
It is 3 days away now who do you guys want? If you ask me if either Rolle or Jones are there at #10 then I would like to see the lions take them. I know we have a lot invested in the corner position especially after signing all of our FA this year but IMO these two guys are going to be an uprgrade. Bryant had a bad year last year. Honestly I think that he can turn things around but if this does happen and we have 3 corners that are tearing qb's up we have a lot of trade potential to get someone to fill a whole that might open up next year with the list of free agents coming up. I hear a lot that Smith has the potential to be good. But I don't want to hear anything about potential anymore. I want players that are locks. This team is filled with "potential" Also to me getting Johnson this year is a waste. Holmes is more than adequate at MLB and to have Lehman move the middle gives me a bad feeling. Also next years draft is much deeper and we can get a player next year that will be a solid long term player. So if it comes down to DJ or Rolle/Pacman I am taking a DB. Also I would look at moving Rolle to FS. That would be 1 hell of a secondary. I would also take a strong look at Merriman if he is still there. If we don't get Rolle I would take Brodney Pool in the second to help sure up the Secondary. If pool isn't there I have to go with Matt Jones. The guy is unbelievable. If both of those guys are gone then the best DE available or TE Alex Smith or the best WR available. And in the third if Mchpherson is still there I want him. I just have a feeling on this.

April 20th, 2005, 1:51 am
QB Coach

April 20th, 2005, 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I want to change my vote to Rolle, but I can't :(

April 20th, 2005, 9:11 pm
National Champion

I just logged the first vote for the man named after the video game character.

April 21st, 2005, 12:24 am
Fair Weather Fan

if they draft Pac Man I'm moving to another state.

April 21st, 2005, 12:26 am
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Why spend a first round pick on a player that will effectively be a nickel or dime back on this team? Johnson is the top defensive player available regardless of position and should be the selection at number 10. I don't feel the Lions need a linebacker, and I would still prefer a trade down, but he would be my pick.

April 21st, 2005, 12:35 pm
Site Admin

None of my favorites are on there :? So I would have to go DJ and would be happy about it.

April 21st, 2005, 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Why spend a first round pick on a player that will effectively be a nickel or dime back on this team? Johnson is the top defensive player available regardless of position and should be the selection at number 10. I don't feel the Lions need a linebacker, and I would still prefer a trade down, but he would be my pick.

I am saying Rolle at FS is our best option. If he isn't there then definately DJ. Plus I am looking to the future. And this year if it is strong at any position it is corner. Next years draft is a lot more deep. Why not try and get an A.J. Hawk for the middle next year? Let Smith and Bryant and Rolle/Pac-Man fight for the second spot? We can only win when Bryant has to look over his shoulder cause there were a lot of times last year where it looked like he fell asleep. He wasn't focused alot of the time. Not to mention that we play nickle defense a lot. Now say by the grace of god all 3 are stellar can you imagine the trade value we would have? Especially the way corners are being picked up in the NFL. At least a second round pick in nedt years draft. That is why I say go that route. You can't get that much out of any of our 9 LBs.

April 21st, 2005, 8:07 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: at 10 it would have to be DJ, no way I would pass on him for any of the others listed.
:arrow:

April 22nd, 2005, 8:10 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

Why oh why oh why do people INSIST that Rolle can naturally shift to free safety? He is NOT......I repeat, NOT built for the position. Being fast and physical for a cornerback is not the same as being fast and physical for a free safety. Marlin Jackson and Antrel Rolle have just about the same builds, and Marlin Jackson got beat up at free safety. Jackson is a physical corner just like Rolle, and he had difficulty making the transition to the rigors of the position. In time, with an additional ten or fifteen pounds of muscle he could be a good free safety. But remember also that a free safety must excel in areas where a corner doesn't necessarily have to, such as pass/run recognition skills. Free safeties take on interior linemen and fullbacks, not wide receivers. It's a different game in the middle boys, and just because you think Rolle can play the part, doesn't mean he can. Besides, you don't use that high a pick on a player you intend to move to a position he hasn't played. That being the case there wouldn't be such a cloud of uncertainty over Matt Jones.

Given the chance to take Rolle at #10 to move him to FS, or trade down and get an extra pick and take either Thomas Davis or Brodney Pool, I'd take the latter and come out smelling much better than if I had taken Rolle.

April 22nd, 2005, 8:52 pm
RIP Killer

If the Lions draft Pac Man they should do away with the black jerseys, keep the blue ones, change the pants color to Honolulu Blue and change the name of the team to the Smurfs.

April 22nd, 2005, 8:55 pm
RIP Killer

What about Darren Sproles? Haha, 5'6 is much more smurfish than 5'9.

April 22nd, 2005, 9:04 pm
Hall of Fame Player

If the Lions draft Pac Man they should do away with the black jerseys, keep the blue ones, change the pants color to Honolulu Blue and change the name of the team to the Smurfs.

AND

conversion02 wrote:
What about Darren Sproles? Haha, 5'6 is much more smurfish than 5'9.

Do you know what Smuorplay is?....

It's what Smurfs do before they Smuck!

April 23rd, 2005, 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]