View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 53  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Lions Predictions
BillySims wrote:
Javid Best - By next season, he should be cleared to play again. He's done as a RB. I would move him to Slot Receiver. He will be less likely to get a concussion there. ( Not impossible. Just less likely.) I think he can do it. And it will prolong a career that will be cut short if he stays a RB. It also makes it so that the Lions do not have to draft another WR this year.

Aren't Slot Receivers required to go over the middle of the field? Granted it would probably take less hits but you could argue that he the hits he would take would be much harder than as a Running Back. I think Best is done as a professional football player.

December 16th, 2012, 9:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kdsberman wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We will win this week. Lose next week. And in the last week, the Bears are going to have a problem with poop sticking to their fur.

6-10 and a top 10 draft pick.
We finally get our #1 CB in the 1st round. Then we get a Safety in the 2nd round. Our next Center in the 3rd round. Denard Jackson in the 5th round to take over Best's role. Trade the rest of picks for 1 round improvements in the 2014 draft, and call it a season that is successful with the long term for the Lions in mind. Sure, it hurts to have lost this year. But, we do this, and it is Super Bowl contention for the next decade.

C. Williams - I think I read somewhere that he want s to return to the Lions. Even if it is as a backup. If he will sign as a backup for $1.5M/year that will reduce our cap by $3.5M by resigning him.

C. Avril - will be going nowhere. He will be a Lion next year because it will still be to the Lions advantage to franchise him again.

Durant - I let him walk.

KVB - Takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Levy - see KVB.

Titus - If we can't trade him by the day before the next league year begins, cut him. Either way he won't be a Lion next year.

Javid Best - By next season, he should be cleared to play again. He's done as a RB. I would move him to Slot Receiver. He will be less likely to get a concussion there. ( Not impossible. Just less likely.) I think he can do it. And it will prolong a career that will be cut short if he stays a RB. It also makes it so that the Lions do not have to draft another WR this year.

You would let Durant walk, but not Levy? Seriously?

And I wouldnt be TOO sure that we get our #1 CB in the first round. Maybe, but Im really thinking Bjoern Werner is a very high possibility.

Durant is a lot like Earnie Sims. He runs himself out of far too many plays. And I think Travis Lewis will be ready to step in next year with a year to get his feet wet in the NFL. AND I said see KVB. Take a pay cut or get cut.

As for the CB. We probably won't get one in the 1st round, even though we should. Even if we have to trade down a few times to get into a good value spot for a CB. We will probably make me sick and draft another OT.

December 18th, 2012, 1:19 am
Hall of Fame Player

aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Aren't Slot Receivers required to go over the middle of the field? Granted it would probably take less hits but you could argue that he the hits he would take would be much harder than as a Running Back. I think Best is done as a professional football player.

A SLOT Receiver is called a slot receiver because he goes to designated slots. It can be over the middle or it can be on short or intermediate curl routs to the sidelines.

The most effective receivers going over the middle are TE's because they are generally bigger and can handle the punishment for the most part.

But, you get Best open in the second level of the defense and hit him with a pass and he is a deadly weapon. Far too talented to just throw him to the curb.

December 18th, 2012, 1:26 am
QB Coach

BillySims wrote:
aManNamedSuh wrote:
BillySims wrote:

A SLOT Receiver is called a slot receiver because he goes to designated slots. It can be over the middle or it can be on short or intermediate curl routs to the sidelines.

The most effective receivers going over the middle are TE's because they are generally bigger and can handle the punishment for the most part.

But, you get Best open in the second level of the defense and hit him with a pass and he is a deadly weapon. Far too talented to just throw him to the curb.

I think Best's career is done. If he isn't recovered from head trauma over a year after it happened, he's never going to be. I just don't see it. As far as I know, there is very little/no history of guys coming back from that kind of concussion issue to ever play effectively again.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 18th, 2012, 6:30 am
Varsity Captain

I agree that Best's career as a player is over. It's called play or live. There is a problem as far as recievers going over the middle. The only ones who know what it looks like all play on our D! It has been like this for as long as I can remember. When we are on D, every snap of the ball, there is a 15 yd diameter hole right behind our LBs. We see that a thousand times, our D can't stop it and our O can't figure out how to do it!

There's only 1 Wes Welker and unless he's willing to be cloned all team will start looking at "Athletes" to play that role.

There has been talk on several sites about the Lions taking (easy now) Denard Robinson in the late rounds to fill that role. It all depends on his hands. He could return kicks, line up as a running back and flare or come to the middle to take the short pass. The ideal thing would be to get him the ball at the 2nd level and see some YAC. He is fast as hell and has proven (at least at the college level) that he can make people miss in the open field. There are all sorts of things that he could do for this team.

Other than returning kicks he will never be a certain position player but in my opinion he would be a great asset to this team replacing Logan and only taking up that roster spot but being able to do so many other things. Low risk/high reward. Maybe.

Only problem is the NFL will fine him if he dosen't tie his shoes! lol

December 19th, 2012, 12:35 pm
Div 1 - Starter

If the Lions finish 4-10, where will they draft? I predict that they'll draft at #4. Maybe they could trade down.

December 19th, 2012, 6:35 pm
Growler wrote:
If the Lions finish 4-10, where will they draft? I predict that they'll draft at #4. Maybe they could trade down.

If they can't get Luke, we should trade down. I'd like to see us trade all the way down to the teens or even 20s and take a DB, hell, maybe even two.

December 19th, 2012, 7:30 pm
RIP Killer

I agree with wjb for once. They need all the quality players they can get. No stars, just solid productive players

December 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - W
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - W
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - L
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - L
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - L
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - W
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - L
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - L
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - W
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - W
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - L
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - W
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - W
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - L
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - L
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - W

8-8

May 29th, 2013, 3:24 pm
RIP Killer

7-9

June 1st, 2013, 10:57 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - W I am not a Ponder believer and Peterson will not repeat last season.
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - W I am glad we get this game early. Hopefully, Palmer hasn't jelled with Fitz yet.
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - L The Lions have never won a game in the nations capitol.
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - W It's in our house.
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - W The Laimbeau losing streak ends now.
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - L A let down after an emotional win.
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - W Back on track.
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - W Cowboys D-line is already the walking wounded.
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - W Lions are looking for a sweep of the division.
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - L Sorry, but, it's in Pittsburgh.
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W This goes to O.T. And Kickalicious seals it.
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - W Lions still perfect in the division and win on a national stage and lock in a playoff spot.
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - W Vick will be paralyzed by now.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - W if this was in Baltimore it's a loss.
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - L Eli needs a win to make the playoffs. He gets it.
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - W Vikings playing for draft position.

12-4

Not predicting this: But, it would just be our luck to finally make it to a Super Bowl OUTSIDE in a blizzard for the least watched most screwed up Super Bowl ever.

Edited to add: These are my (Pre) pre season optimistic predictions. I reserve the right to amend them or stick with them at the end of the pre season.

July 23rd, 2013, 10:38 pm
Walk On

Week 1 - Sept. 8 - vs. Minnesota Vikings - L - All AP, all day... and the Vikes DL just overpowers the Lions OL all day (will be a consistent problem all year). A lack of team discipline leads to several huge AP plays, and Schwartz begins his swan song season.
Week 2 - Sept. 15 - at Arizona Cardinals - W - Palmer is over the hill. Lions DEs will be all over him. Lions win in a low-scoring game.
Week 3 - Sept. 22 - at Washington Redskins - W - Lions thank the heavens for Rex Grossman.
Week 4 - Sept. 29 - vs. Chicago Bears - L - Don't look now, but the Bears have a totally rebuilt and dramatically improved Oline (Mr. Suh, please meet Mr. Long) ... and a surprisingly good & deep group of WRs. :shock:
Week 5 - Oct. 6 - at Green Bay Packers - L - The Pack are too tough up there.
Week 6 - Oct. 13 - at Cleveland Browns - W - The Browns are bad.
Week 7 - Oct. 20 - vs. Cincinnati Bengals - L - Ouch in the secondary.
Week 8 - Oct. 27 - vs. Dallas Cowboys - W - Cowboys on the decline, but this will be a tough one.
Week 9 - BYE
Week 10 - Nov. 10 - at Chicago Bears - L - Lions are looking at a sweep in the division.. but he wrong way.
Week 11 - Nov. 17 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - W - Steelers D on the decline, and Lions squeak in a shootout.
Week 12 - Nov. 24 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W - Two in a row gives the Lions a winning record in late November & some short-term hope.... but....
Week 13 - Nov. 28 - vs. Green Bay Packers - L - Lions/Packers on Thanksgiving. Erin Rodgers lights it up on the big stage, and the Lions lose their composure on national TV once again. (safe to bet it is Suh, and Schwartz losing it enough to seal his inevitable firing at season-end).
Week 14 - Dec. 8 - at Philadelphia Eagles - L - Nobody can tackle shady McCoy, and the Eggles new offense moves to fast for the Lions DL to keep up.
Week 15 - Dec. 16 - vs. Baltimore Ravens - L - Baltimore lost some playmakers - but they're still good & deep.
Week 16 - Dec. 22 - vs. New York Giants - L - This is the time of year when the Gints come alive every year.
Week 17 - Dec. 29 - at Minnesota Vikings - L - With both teams out of the playoffs and Schwartz on the outs, AP runs rampant chasing his own personal goals.

Lions flirt with .500 all year, and go into the annual Turkey Day match at 6-5 ... only to bust out 5 losses in a row against tough competition to end the season 6-10. And the silver lining is, the Lions finally move on from a terrible coach.

August 25th, 2013, 1:34 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Really hard to predict how we're going to do this year because I think a lot of it depends on who stays healthy. If Delmas and Fairley can contribute to the majority of games, I would say we'll be in pretty good shape and could really make some noise on the defensive side of the ball. If the offense loses either CJ or Bush at some point, we're done for. Without major injuries, I'd say 9-7.

August 26th, 2013, 12:50 pm
QB Coach

I think Best is done because Goddell said it was. Now I may be wrong and I'll eat my crow with hotsauce if necessary, but did they actually post where he was medically unfit for duty, or is the concussion the Global Warming bandwagon of football? I'm not saying it's not bad, nor am I saying that we don't need to pay attention to it, but using it as a means to control a sport that we already knew was physcially violent isn't being truthfull.

Yes we need to protect the players, and adjust some rules to assist in ensuring safe play, but it's FOOTBALL, and it is a CONTACT SPORT. If you want powderpuf give the cheerleaders some jerseys and some flags.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 26th, 2013, 2:52 pm
Walk On

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I think Best is done because Goddell said it was. Now I may be wrong and I'll eat my crow with hotsauce if necessary, but did they actually post where he was medically unfit for duty, or is the concussion the Global Warming bandwagon of football? I'm not saying it's not bad, nor am I saying that we don't need to pay attention to it, but using it as a means to control a sport that we already knew was physcially violent isn't being truthfull.

Yes we need to protect the players, and adjust some rules to assist in ensuring safe play, but it's FOOTBALL, and it is a CONTACT SPORT. If you want powderpuf give the cheerleaders some jerseys and some flags.

The tricky part is, the players (especially ex-players and older vets) definitely want action around concussions and long-term brain injury/damage... they want long-term care, and are a major threat to the league in the form of class action lawsuits. And then on the other hand, the players also complain about the rules and fines associated with the league actually trying to do something about it, and that the league is making it impossible to play. There's no good/easy answer.

August 26th, 2013, 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 53  Next