View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 50  Next
 Lions Predictions 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions Predictions
Because we are AWESOME!!! Bears get owned by us...

(We need to feel we can beat someone right?)

July 29th, 2010, 9:20 am
Veteran General Manager

bearsfootball516 wrote:
I'm a bears fan (so I'm totally biased lol) but I can't figure out why everyone is picking the lions to sweep chicago. do you all forget that you haven't beaten chicago since 2007?

And you think that streak will continue on into infinity, right?

Simple fact is your defense is another year older. Cutler has to figure out the mad scientists offense. The combo of Marinelli and Martz failed miserably in Detroit. It won't be any better in Chicago. I predict total chaos in Chicago by week 5.

July 29th, 2010, 9:49 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Hmmm I see. I always thought Kitna did decent with Martz, maybe I was wrong?

July 29th, 2010, 9:45 pm
QB Coach

Culvers a prima donna and doesn't have the character of Kitna...

Martz's system is highly technical and requires PRISTINE route running. If you do not have 1st string receivers who can catch, and run pristine route you will struggle. Culver will struggle because his numbers will plumet and then the Chicago Crowd will weigh in with the Lions chant from years past, which Martz and Marinelli are all to familiar with, and that could cause more difficulty with a team that has to learn to come together in spite of all this.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 29th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Who is Culver? :lol:

July 29th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

We'll have to wait and see what happens. It's only about 6 weeks away! I'm predicting a 27-10 Bears win, but if they lose I'll be back for a big steaming plate of crow.

July 29th, 2010, 10:45 pm
QB Coach

My mistake I meant Cutler, but either way he is still a primadona who will not take criticism well especially if recievers struggle with route running.

I think the Lions could split this year with all the NFC, but it will take time to build the confidence on Defense. As for our offense, if they can get all the gears working, rb, te, and our dual threat, that could be a dangerous scenario... who knows, as you said, we'll see in a few weeks.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

July 30th, 2010, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

Primadonna? Yes...

But he still has the tools to rock out the system.

July 30th, 2010, 12:29 pm
RIP Killer

Oh, and nice catch on the Martz and Marinelli duo back again. Maybe the guidance of a real head coach will make it work?

July 30th, 2010, 12:33 pm
RIP Killer

How is Cutler good for that offense? He's a pass on the rollout QB and Martz' offense is all about being a statue, sitting in the pocket until you get destroyed.

The one good thing for Cutler - his WRs are FAST. Can they run good routes? They're solid, not great.

The biggest question - can and will Cutler throw to a SPOT and not to where he wants to? He's not that disciplined. It's going to be tough.

July 30th, 2010, 1:45 pm
RIP Killer

I guess I expect him to be able to throw to a spot. He has a big arm to stretch the field. Is he the ideal QB? No, but I see Martz with his mad genius utilizing what Cutler can do. Martz gets a harder wrap than he should, we put out a sick offense that year with some pretty bad players.

July 30th, 2010, 1:53 pm
RIP Killer

He's (Cutler's) never done it before. Can he? Maybe. Has he? No. He may or may not work out. His tendencies/instincts from his NFL experience has shown that he's an awful fit for a "Martz offense" and is going to flop.

I have seen nothing in his time at Vandy or in the NFL that makes me think he could change his style of play in a single offseason and still produce well.

August 2nd, 2010, 2:37 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
He's (Cutler's) never done it before. Can he? Maybe. Has he? No. He may or may not work out. His tendencies/instincts from his NFL experience has shown that he's an awful fit for a "Martz offense" and is going to flop.

I have seen nothing in his time at Vandy or in the NFL that makes me think he could change his style of play in a single offseason and still produce well.

Fair point.

August 2nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Junior Varsity

I am positive the Lions are going to be a better team than they were a year ago. But they were blown out (lose by two touchdowns or more) in 8 games. That is alot of improvement to make up just to be competitive, let alone come all the way to tip the scales to be on the winning side. So improvement may not come in wins and losses this year.

Another thought prior to the Favre issue, in the NFC, it is always assumed the NFC East is the monster division that beats on each other and all other teams tremble. But really, I feel a strong argument could be made that the NFC Central is the strongest division in the NFC this year, if not the entire NFL. Minnesota and Green Bay are both 12 win team/Super Bowl contenders. Chicago is improved team over last year with addition of Peppers, full season of Urlacher, not as many injuries, and uptick in scoring with Martz to a 7-9 team last year. And as I said, I feel the Lions are greatly improved. In fact, if you look at the NFC Central, all four teams have the same schedule for 14 of 16 games. 6 games of inter-division match-ups, 4 games against the NFC East and 4 games against the AFC East. The remaining two games vary depending on each teams record. Detroit plays Tampa and St. Louis, Chicago plays Carolina and Seattle, Green Bay plays Atlanta and San Francisco, and Minnesota plays Arizona and New Orleans. This leads me to think the won/loss records should accurately reflect strength of teams in the division.

I feel to see measurable improvement we need to win the Tampa and St. Louis games. They are in same boat as us in rebuilding franchises but are at the bottom of the league, as is Detroit. Where do we stand? Are we still at the bottom, or has our rebuilding moved us out of this area? The proof will be on the field.

We are the NFC's last place team, if our division is strong, even the last place team should be strong, so I look to the Washington and Buffaloa games as litmus tests as well. And then we are never going to make the play-offs until we can beat all of the teams in our division. We have not beaten Chicago since October , 2007. We last beat Minnesota in September, 2007. The last time we beat Green Bay was the season opener of the 2005 season. If we can get 1 win in the division this year, that is another step in the right direction.

So based on this, I feel 4-12/5-11 is about where Mayhew and Schwartz should have this team. Anything more than that is bells and whistles, but also will raise future expectations.

August 6th, 2010, 12:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Very good post columbus and I agree. Except we are the NFC North. :P

August 6th, 2010, 4:37 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 50  Next