View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Lions Predictions
thelomasbrowns wrote:
People are buying into the Bears hype. I really feel like they're underestimating us again, which IMO is a good place to be. The media dum dums are obsessed with our off-field issues and seem to forget that the Bears have a 7th rounder as their starting LT. :lol:

It confuses me. People are all excited about them. Last year, their 5 game win streak that every Bears fan brings up was against us when Staff played with a broken finger, the Eagles, the Bucs, the Vikings, and the Chargers, all teams that were above average at best. Their offensive line is still a joke, Brandon Marshall isn't even a top 5 receiver, drops lots of passes and gets into trouble, and Forte is still holding out. I don't see the Bears offense ranking higher than #10. On defense, they have 2 good linebackers, 1 or 2 good defensive lineman, and an average secondary (notably atrocious safety play). I think we'll sweep them and they finish around 9-7, their ceiling being 11-5.

July 6th, 2012, 3:59 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Do NOT underestimate the bears offense this coming season. The big question marks for them is if their o line can improve and can that aging defense stay healthy all year. If those two answer are a yes, they are a playoff team no ifs and or buts about it.

July 6th, 2012, 7:10 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Team fires Mike Martz. Offensive line coach with little coordinating experience takes over promising to 'simplify' the system. Sound familiar? :oops:

July 9th, 2012, 9:09 am
Hall of Fame Player

Well, if Cutler hadn't been injured last season, the Bears would have gotten our Playoff spot. They got more better than we got better this off season.

July 12th, 2012, 1:25 pm
Walk On

Shotty wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
People are buying into the Bears hype. I really feel like they're underestimating us again, which IMO is a good place to be. The media dum dums are obsessed with our off-field issues and seem to forget that the Bears have a 7th rounder as their starting LT. :lol:

It confuses me. People are all excited about them. Last year, their 5 game win streak that every Bears fan brings up was against us when Staff played with a broken finger, the Eagles, the Bucs, the Vikings, and the Chargers, all teams that were above average at best. Their offensive line is still a joke, Brandon Marshall isn't even a top 5 receiver, drops lots of passes and gets into trouble, and Forte is still holding out. I don't see the Bears offense ranking higher than #10. On defense, they have 2 good linebackers, 1 or 2 good defensive lineman, and an average secondary (notably atrocious safety play). I think we'll sweep them and they finish around 9-7, their ceiling being 11-5.

Have you looked at the numbers Marshall has put up in his career so far, with schmucks throwing to him for the past few years? The guy is a beast. He, Bennett, and Jeffrey are going to be a nightmare for defenses, and the running game and TE/RB passing game is going to be solid.

Chris Williams may win the LT job back. If he doesn't, it is because Webb improved. 7th rounder? Sure. With Richmond Webb's genes & elite size. Tice is a really good Oline coach - if he likes a guy, it is for a reason. Williams and Carimi were both injured last year - the overall Bear Oline is going to be very different.

Don't be confused - the Bears are going to be good. I agree the ceiling is 11-5 and a lesser record is likely. But that isn't because the Bears aren't a top 10 team in the NFC ... it is because the Packers and Lions are too.

July 12th, 2012, 1:36 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
Have you looked at the numbers Marshall has put up in his career so far, with schmucks throwing to him for the past few years? The guy is a beast. He, Bennett, and Jeffrey are going to be a nightmare for defenses, and the running game and TE/RB passing game is going to be solid.

Marshall holds the single game recieving record.....guess who was throwing him the ball. He's a HUGE threat.

July 12th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

It doesn't matter if Brandon Marshall is a top-5 or a top-10 WR; he's a huge upgrade over what they had last year. He's had 80+ catches and 1000+ yards in each of the last five seasons: in spite of some odd off-field behavior, he has produced consistently. He makes the Bears better than last year, no question, but I don't know if his addition will be enough for the Bears to outscore people.

What I don't get is the confidence in Alshon Jeffrey. There are big question marks about this kid and he has a lot to prove. If Marshall can't beat the coverage, do the Bears have someone else who can get open? None of their other targets are proven, so I have my doubts. They really screwed the pooch by trading Greg Olsen last year--he could have been dangerous for Chicago this year.

July 12th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Hall of Fame Player

mwill2 wrote:
It doesn't matter if Brandon Marshall is a top-5 or a top-10 WR; he's a huge upgrade over what they had last year. He's had 80+ catches and 1000+ yards in each of the last five seasons: in spite of some odd off-field behavior, he has produced consistently. He makes the Bears better than last year, no question, but I don't know if his addition will be enough for the Bears to outscore people.

What I don't get is the confidence in Alshon Jeffrey. There are big question marks about this kid and he has a lot to prove. If Marshall can't beat the coverage, do the Bears have someone else who can get open? None of their other targets are proven, so I have my doubts. They really screwed the pooch by trading Greg Olsen last year--he could have been dangerous for Chicago this year.

Yeah. I agree. Martz really hosed them. Olson was only traded because of Martz. As a Lions fan, I am glad it happened.

July 12th, 2012, 2:38 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I.E. wrote:
Shotty wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Chris Williams may win the LT job back. If he doesn't, it is because Webb improved. 7th rounder? Sure. With Richmond Webb's genes & elite size. Tice is a really good Oline coach - if he likes a guy, it is for a reason. Williams and Carimi were both injured last year - the overall Bear Oline is going to be very different.

Don't be confused - the Bears are going to be good. I agree the ceiling is 11-5 and a lesser record is likely. But that isn't because the Bears aren't a top 10 team in the NFC ... it is because the Packers and Lions are too.

I honestly think however much Cutler is better than the QBs Marshall has played with will be less of a factor because of the Bears offensive line. Here are my honest Bears 2012 predictions:

IND @ CHI - W
CHI @ GB - L
STL @ CHI - W
CHI @ DAL - W
CHI @ JAC - W
Bye
DET @ CHI - L
CAR @ CHI - W
CHI @ TEN - W
HOU @ CHI - L
CHI @ SF - L
MIN @ CHI - W
SEA @ CHI - W
CHI @ MIN - W
GB @ CHI - W
CHI @ ARI - W
CHI @ DET - L

11-5, 3rd in the division (Lions finish better or have TB since we get them at home in Week 17), 6th seed

July 12th, 2012, 2:48 pm

BillySims wrote:
Well, if Cutler hadn't been injured last season, the Bears would have gotten our Playoff spot. They got more better than we got better this off season.

Everybody fails to mention that during that game at Soldier Field, ie right in the middle of the time when the Bears were 'better than us' and before Cutler got hurt, Staff was playing with a broken finger!

July 13th, 2012, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Everybody fails to mention that during that game at Soldier Field, ie right in the middle of the time when the Bears were 'better than us' and before Cutler got hurt, Staff was playing with a broken finger!

Doesn't matter. If Cutler had stayed healthy, the Bears would have been in the playoffs and the Lions wouldn't have. It's just that simple.

July 13th, 2012, 10:47 am
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:
I honestly think however much Cutler is better than the QBs Marshall has played with will be less of a factor because of the Bears offensive line. Here are my honest Bears 2012 predictions:

IND @ CHI - W
CHI @ GB - L
STL @ CHI - W
CHI @ DAL - W
CHI @ JAC - W
Bye
DET @ CHI - L
CAR @ CHI - W
CHI @ TEN - W
HOU @ CHI - L
CHI @ SF - L
MIN @ CHI - W
SEA @ CHI - W
CHI @ MIN - W
GB @ CHI - W
CHI @ ARI - W
CHI @ DET - L

11-5, 3rd in the division (Lions finish better or have TB since we get them at home in Week 17), 6th seed

You really think the Bears will beat the Packers? I don't see it. I also think the Bears will struggle against Dallas, Carolina and possibly Tennessee.

11-5 isn't unrealistic, but I think it's the absolute best they could hope for. It would take limited injuries (none to impact players) and some luck. Personally, I think they end up either 8-8 or 9-7.

July 13th, 2012, 10:50 am
Butkus Award Winner

m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

IND @ CHI - W
CHI @ GB - L
STL @ CHI - W
CHI @ DAL - W
CHI @ JAC - W
Bye
DET @ CHI - L
CAR @ CHI - W
CHI @ TEN - W
HOU @ CHI - L
CHI @ SF - L
MIN @ CHI - W
SEA @ CHI - W
CHI @ MIN - W
GB @ CHI - W
CHI @ ARI - W
CHI @ DET - L

You really think the Bears will beat the Packers? I don't see it. I also think the Bears will struggle against Dallas, Carolina and possibly Tennessee.

11-5 isn't unrealistic, but I think it's the absolute best they could hope for. It would take limited injuries (none to impact players) and some luck. Personally, I think they end up either 8-8 or 9-7.

I feel like the Giants/Pack playoff game exposed every Packers weakness. People can argue that there were too many GB dropped passes to count, but at the end of the day the Giants dominated them from the beginning of the game to the end and did it with non-stop pressure and steady coverage. I'm expecting the Packers to go 12-4, splitting with us and Chicago and losing to the Texans and one other game.

At the same time, this is all very early. I'll have to see how the Packers rookie DE plays and see how their defense has changed. If their defense plays like last year, I honestly don't see them exceeding 12-4. I also need to see the Bears play to judge them. They've been said to have been making changes to their offensive line this offseason, and I want to see their safety play. Either way, I expect us to sweep them.

July 13th, 2012, 3:29 pm

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Doesn't matter. If Cutler had stayed healthy, the Bears would have been in the playoffs and the Lions wouldn't have. It's just that simple.

It does matter. How can you play the 'if Cutler stayed healthy' game while refusing to give Staff the same benefit of the doubt? Would the Soldier Field game have been such a bloodbath if Staff had stayed healthy? Would he have thrown the same terrible interceptions in the Thanksgiving game?

July 13th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Butkus Award Winner

thelomasbrowns wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
BillySims wrote:

It does matter. How can you play the 'if Cutler stayed healthy' game while refusing to give Staff the same benefit of the doubt? Would the Soldier Field game have been such a bloodbath if Staff had stayed healthy? Would he have thrown the same terrible interceptions in the Thanksgiving game?

Exactly, and what about when we had to play the Saints without Suh, Houston, Delmas, and Berry and only lost by 14? If we stayed completely healthy next season don't be surprised by a 12-4 season, even 13-3 with some luck.

July 14th, 2012, 1:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 52  Next