View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: Lions Predictions
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:
Yeah - he's a total homer. Decent analyst - but just tossing out some homerism to Da Bears types. To bad about Miller - he was playing very well for the Bears back in the day, until Hugh Douglas dropped him on his throwing shoulder in that playoff game & ruined his arm pretty much for good. Many Bear fans hate the Eggles with a passion still -simply for that reason. That, and Buddy Ryan.

I'm stoked about this season... only a bit over a week until camp!!

I just watch a video of NFC North predictions with Miller in it. He said Ndamukong Suh only has one move and is lost on screens/draws. Definition of a homer.

Since I am a Wolverine Fan, it really sucks that I have to defend a Spartan. But, Jim Miller grew up and still is a Lions Fan. Yes, he played for and currently is employed by the Bears in some radio show. His primary employment is with SiriusXM NFL Radio. He is fairly even keeled about both the Bears and the Lions. And he is usually right about his assertions for both teams.

He didn't give any predictions, just basically said Suh is nothing special and has "one move". I've never seen so much in a single team that almost no one else seems to see. We will not do worse than 11-5 next year.

July 18th, 2012, 12:54 am
Hall of Fame Player

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:
Yeah - he's a total homer. Decent analyst - but just tossing out some homerism to Da Bears types. To bad about Miller - he was playing very well for the Bears back in the day, until Hugh Douglas dropped him on his throwing shoulder in that playoff game & ruined his arm pretty much for good. Many Bear fans hate the Eggles with a passion still -simply for that reason. That, and Buddy Ryan.

I just watch a video of NFC North predictions with Miller in it. He said Ndamukong Suh only has one move and is lost on screens/draws. Definition of a homer.

Since I am a Wolverine Fan, it really sucks that I have to defend a Spartan. But, Jim Miller grew up and still is a Lions Fan. Yes, he played for and currently is employed by the Bears in some radio show. His primary employment is with SiriusXM NFL Radio. He is fairly even keeled about both the Bears and the Lions. And he is usually right about his assertions for both teams.

He didn't give any predictions, just basically said Suh is nothing special and has "one move". I've never seen so much in a single team that almost no one else seems to see. We will not do worse than 11-5 next year.

Maybe he is just providing Suh some outside motivation like Chris Carter provided for Calvin last year. He is a Lions fan after all.

July 18th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Except the obvious examples in this thread that give credence to the idea that he's smoking better cheba than I can get in So Cali. Pass that poop Jim.

July 18th, 2012, 8:32 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

DJ-B wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Shotty wrote:
I.E. wrote:

Except the obvious examples in this thread that give credence to the idea that he's smoking better cheba than I can get in So Cali. Pass that poop Jim.

Puff Puff Pass! Your F'n up the rotation! :lol: :lol:

July 19th, 2012, 12:51 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Post Lions 2012-2013 game-by-game predictions?
Week 1: vs St. Louis - W
Week 2: @ San Francisco - W
Week 3: @ Tennessee - W
Week 4: vs Minnesota - W
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: @ Philly - W
Week 7: @ Chicago - W
Week 8: vs Seattle - W
Week 9: @ Jacksonville - L
Week 10: @ Minnesota - W
Week 11: vs Green Bay - L
Week 12: vs Houston - W
Week 13: vs Indianapolis - W
Week 14: @ Green Bay - W
Week 15: @ Arizona - L
Week 16: vs Atlanta - W
Week 17: vs Chicago - W

Slight upsets @ Jacksonville and @ Arizona. Loss vs Green Bay at home, but we finally get it right and get revenge in the 2nd meeting, at Lambeau. Against San Francisco, very late in the game, Detroit has a game-winning 80-yard drive, with Megatron earning 55 of them, to kick the game-winning field goal, and goes from a very good offense to a very good offense who can win games with late drives.

Puts us at 13-3 for the season, 1st place in the division and #1 seed with home-field throughout the playoffs where in the divisional round we beat the Bears at home, in the NFCCG we beat the 49ers at home, and in SB 47 we beat whoever is in our way.

August 3rd, 2012, 1:59 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: Lions 2012-2013 game-by-game predictions?
We have a "Lions Predictions" thread already, stickied at the top of "The Jungle".

Mods...one of you cancel this thread please. No offense Shotty...just letting you know.

August 3rd, 2012, 2:41 pm
Butkus Award Winner

m2karateman wrote:
We have a "Lions Predictions" thread already, stickied at the top of "The Jungle".

Mods...one of you cancel this thread please. No offense Shotty...just letting you know.

My mistake, missed it.

August 3rd, 2012, 2:53 pm
RIP Killer

I have to say, those predictions are pretty shotty!

August 3rd, 2012, 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Pablo wrote:

This team is top 5 talent-wise. If we can cut down on the pointless penalties and don't have any big injuries, 13-3 might be generous, but 12-4 is very realistic, believe it or not. Fairley will make our defensive line the best in the NFL, which takes LOTS of pressure off the secondary, and our linebackers are no joke. DeAndre Levy is improving slowly but surely every year, Stephen Tulloch makes the tackles he needs to make, Justin Durant does what he needs to do. Our defense can be a legitimate top 15 unit, I think it'll be around #13 in yards given up, around #10 in points given up. The offense has potential to be #1, Stafford will only get better, we have the best receiver in football who demands a double team on nearly every play, Titus Young is ready to break out, and him and Nate Burleson are both legit #2 receivers, and we got the best route runner in NCAA for the past 4 years in Ryan Broyles on the team, then there's Pettigrew who's becoming an elite TE and getting better every year, and Scheffler isn't bad for a #2 TE, our offensive line is good at pass-blocking which is our main focus on offense. Kevin Smith, Mikel Leshoure and Jahvid Best will create a decent run game, around 120 yards a game combined if they can all stay relatively healthy, with Jahvid being capable of home runs and Kevin Smith being capable of big games, and Mikel as our power back. Jahvid missed 10 games last year. In his 6 games, he had a 163 yard rushing game vs the Bears, a HUGE screen pass that set us up for a score vs Minnesota, some good runs vs Tampa Bay and Kansas City, and a pretty good game against the Cowboys. He makes our offense better because if a team gets caught going hard to defend the pass and it's dumped off to Jahvid on a screen, it's absolutely deadly. In his first season he put up big numbers for a rookie even though he had bad turf toe on both feet. Last season he was on track for 1,000 rush yards. This team is MUCH better than it gets credit for.

August 3rd, 2012, 3:19 pm
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:
Pablo wrote:

This team is top 5 talent-wise. If we can cut down on the pointless penalties and don't have any big injuries, 13-3 might be generous, but 12-4 is very realistic, believe it or not. Fairley will make our defensive line the best in the NFL, which takes LOTS of pressure off the secondary, and our linebackers are no joke. DeAndre Levy is improving slowly but surely every year, Stephen Tulloch makes the tackles he needs to make, Justin Durant does what he needs to do. Our defense can be a legitimate top 15 unit, I think it'll be around #13 in yards given up, around #10 in points given up. The offense has potential to be #1, Stafford will only get better, we have the best receiver in football who demands a double team on nearly every play, Titus Young is ready to break out, and him and Nate Burleson are both legit #2 receivers, and we got the best route runner in NCAA for the past 4 years in Ryan Broyles on the team, then there's Pettigrew who's becoming an elite TE and getting better every year, and Scheffler isn't bad for a #2 TE, our offensive line is good at pass-blocking which is our main focus on offense. Kevin Smith, Mikel Leshoure and Jahvid Best will create a decent run game, around 120 yards a game combined if they can all stay relatively healthy, with Jahvid being capable of home runs and Kevin Smith being capable of big games, and Mikel as our power back. Jahvid missed 10 games last year. In his 6 games, he had a 163 yard rushing game vs the Bears, a HUGE screen pass that set us up for a score vs Minnesota, some good runs vs Tampa Bay and Kansas City, and a pretty good game against the Cowboys. He makes our offense better because if a team gets caught going hard to defend the pass and it's dumped off to Jahvid on a screen, it's absolutely deadly. In his first season he put up big numbers for a rookie even though he had bad turf toe on both feet. Last season he was on track for 1,000 rush yards. This team is MUCH better than it gets credit for.

Guess I should have put a smiley face at the end of my joke... :lol:

August 3rd, 2012, 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Pablo wrote:
Shotty wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Guess I should have put a smiley face at the end of my joke... :lol:

I thought you were joking, but it was directed to Lions fans on here who think this is a 9-7 or even 8-8 team. We went 10-6 when the following happened: We were top 5 in penalties and penalty yards, we Stafford had a 4-game period playing with a broken index finger and barely being able to grip the ball, we lost to the 49ers because Bobby Carpenter, filling in for Durant when he was injured, completely blew his assignment on that 4th and 6 play, and lost in similar fashion the next week when Jahvid missed the game, and went 5 games to end the season with a destroyed secondary. All this plus Fairley wasn't healthy all season. This team has the potential to go 13-3 and get the #1 seed. 8-8 is realistic... if Stafford goes down in week 1.

August 3rd, 2012, 5:26 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

shotty you have to remember most of us here are die hards that watched all 16 games iof that 0-16 fiasco...most of us arnt ready to believe the lions are 13-3 good yet. they are on then right path for sure but when I see 13-3 I just want to ask...whatchu smoking and where can I get some? lol

August 3rd, 2012, 5:44 pm
Butkus Award Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
shotty you have to remember most of us here are die hards that watched all 16 games iof that 0-16 fiasco...most of us arnt ready to believe the lions are 13-3 good yet. they are on then right path for sure but when I see 13-3 I just want to ask...whatchu smoking and where can I get some? lol

That's understandable, but I hope after this year the attitude of every Lions fan changes to a winning one. This team is built to win championships.

August 3rd, 2012, 6:42 pm
RIP Killer

Shotty wrote:

Slight upsets @ Jacksonville and @ Arizona. Loss vs Green Bay at home, but we finally get it right and get revenge in the 2nd meeting, at Lambeau. Against San Francisco, very late in the game, Detroit has a game-winning 80-yard drive, with Megatron earning 55 of them, to kick the game-winning field goal, and goes from a very good offense to a very good offense who can win games with late drives.

Puts us at 13-3 for the season, 1st place in the division and #1 seed with home-field throughout the playoffs where in the divisional round we beat the Bears at home, in the NFCCG we beat the 49ers at home, and in SB 47 we beat whoever is in our way.

Slight upsets?! Jacksonville is being touted by many as the worst team in the league, and Arizona still doesn't know who their QB is. Most of the team wants Skelton, but the front office wants Kolb.

I like the enthusiasm and optimism, but winning at Green Bay late in the season is going to be a hard task, particularly since the Packers won't be starting their backup at that point (unless Rodgers is hurt..nice dream there).

For this team to pull off a 13-3 season they are going to have to avoid any serious injuries to starters, cut WAY down on mental mistakes, and get pretty lucky along the way. You may feel they are top 5 talent wise, but I don't think too many folks around the league would agree with you on that one. While they do have certain positions with incredible talent, there are other areas that we have starters who wouldn't even make it as backups on other teams.

August 3rd, 2012, 7:34 pm
Butkus Award Winner

m2karateman wrote:
Shotty wrote:

Slight upsets?! Jacksonville is being touted by many as the worst team in the league, and Arizona still doesn't know who their QB is. Most of the team wants Skelton, but the front office wants Kolb.

I like the enthusiasm and optimism, but winning at Green Bay late in the season is going to be a hard task, particularly since the Packers won't be starting their backup at that point (unless Rodgers is hurt..nice dream there).

For this team to pull off a 13-3 season they are going to have to avoid any serious injuries to starters, cut WAY down on mental mistakes, and get pretty lucky along the way. You may feel they are top 5 talent wise, but I don't think too many folks around the league would agree with you on that one. While they do have certain positions with incredible talent, there are other areas that we have starters who wouldn't even make it as backups on other teams.

That depends on the team. The Texans have Ben Tate who is a starting-quality runningback, and he's a backup. Doesn't mean he's bad, Arian's just MUCH better. Who on our team other than whoever will be the #2 cornerback wouldn't make it as a backup on another team, and even that doesn't matter since our front 7 is the center of our defense and it's very good?

Replace the @ Arizona game with the @ San Francisco game. I forgot about how terrible Kolb was last year because they did have some good offensive stats last year yard-wise. Though they did have lots of yards of offense a game last year, their QB play was bad and will be.

I think Jacksonville will be fairly decent, and they'll catch us sleeping in that game. They have a top 10 defense, arguably the best RB in the game since AP's injury, got the best WR in the draft and Laurent Robinson, and Blain Gabbert might get a bit better with a full offseason to work with his receivers. If we take that game, I think we'll lose 1 other random game.

All this of course is assuming there are no crucial injuries, which can change at any time.

August 3rd, 2012, 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 52  Next