View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 50  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Heisman Winner

Post Re: Lions Predictions
Is this a prediction thread?? It took me 4 pages to find one. ](*,)

Week 1: vs St. Louis - W
Week 2: @ San Francisco - W
Week 3: @ Tennessee - L
Week 4: vs Minnesota - W
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: @ Philly - L
Week 7: @ Chicago - L
Week 8: vs Seattle - W
Week 9: @ Jacksonville - W
Week 10: @ Minnesota - W
Week 11: vs Green Bay - W
Week 12: vs Houston - L
Week 13: vs Indianapolis - W
Week 14: @ Green Bay - L
Week 15: @ Arizona - W
Week 16: vs Atlanta - W
Week 17: vs Chicago - W

11-5

Huuuuuuge win against SF leads to a let down the following week. Again, huge win at home against GB leads to a blowout loss against Houston. Home field advantage in the wild card round comes down to the final two home games and they take them both. Home cooking right when they need it the most.

First playoff win in 20 years but lose in the next round.

I'll take it.

September 7th, 2012, 11:43 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

The Legend wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
reiff>decastro, lions made the right pick at a position that would have otherwise been a big need soon

Guard and center aren't going to be big needs soon? DeCastro can play either.

The difference is, who would have started sooner. DeCastro would have won the job over Peterman, no doubt in my mind.

However, it's useless to argue about it at this point. Reiff likely won't see the field this season unless there's an injury, and DeCastro won't play because of his injury. It's a moot point.

the difference is that backus is older than peterman and its harder and generally much more expensive to find a left tackle than a guard or center.

Have to agree. As disappointed as I was on draft day that we didn't take DeCastro, I now believe Reiff was the proper pick value wise in round 1. What I'm most disappointed about is that they still could have addressed the interior of the O-line in subsequent rounds. I believe in the BPA philosophy to a point, but sometimes you must address need. Taking Broyles in the 2nd makes no sense to me when we have so many other deficiencies. It's not like the Lions have already arrived and have that kind of luxury. Broyles might turn out to be a great player for us, and I understand the need of quality depth at the receiver position, especially for a team that's going to rely so heavily on an aerial attack, but feel the team is better served if we address obvious shortcomings in the secondary and O-line with that pick.

September 8th, 2012, 8:15 am
Veteran General Manager

Edited to add: These are my final predictions prior to the start of our season.

Week 1: vs St. Louis - W This game is just a warm up exercise for week 2. CHECK
Week 2: @ San Francisco - W It's time to return the favor. WRONG
Week 3: @ Tennessee - L A let down after an emotional game last week. CHECK
Week 4: vs Minnesota - W No chance for a lose here. EDIT: (There appears to be more than just a chance to lose after what we have seen over the last 3 weeks)Pop goes the balloon. Season Over. Time to track our draft pick.
Week 5: Bye
Week 6: @ Philly - L They have the secondary to shut down our Passing Game.And we can't tackle to save our lives.WRONG
Week 7: @ Chicago - L The NFL won't let us win here. We get REFFED. CHECK minus getting reffed
Week 8: vs Seattle - W This will be a tough game that we win in a squeaker.CHECK
Week 9: @ Jacksonville - W A laugher.CHECK
Week 10: @ Minnesota - W We almost screw up. But, pull it out at the end.
Week 11: vs Green Bay - W We finally beat them.
Week 12: vs Houston - L Houston is a good team facing us after an emotional win last week.
Week 13: vs Indianapolis - W This might be tougher than anyone thinks before the season starts.
Week 14: @ Green Bay - L It's Laimbeau.
Week 15: @ Arizona - W If Zona had a QB, we lose. They don't, so we win.
Week 16: vs Atlanta - W We win a shoot out.
Week 17: vs Chicago - W If Bears win they win the division, same for us if Green Bay loses. We do our part and win.

Green Bay loses their last game. So, we win the division.

NFC North ---------- Detroit
NFC West ---------- 49ers
NFC South --------- Saints
NFC East ----------- Eagles
Wild Card 1 -------- Green Bay
Wild card 2 --------- Chicago

AFC North --------- Baltimore
AFC West ---------- Kansas City
AFC South --------- Houston
AFC East ----------- New England
Wild card 1 -------- Buffalo
Wild card 2 -------- Denver

Last edited by BillySims on November 5th, 2012, 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

September 8th, 2012, 9:52 am
RIP Killer

I fail to see how we would lose to Jake Locker and the nobodies they have on both sides of the ball (outside of Chris Johnson). They have 1 impact player (not including Kenny Britt who is regularly hurt and/or suspended).

They have a decent OL - Roos is a good LT and they signed Hutch at LG. WRs are crap (outside of Britt). TEs are nothing beyond average. RB depth is average at best.

They have a decent secondary (good run support safeties, good pressure CBs). They have solid LBs and little pass rush. Defense is at best middle of the pack.

The Titans are NOT a good football team. They're average at best...and at best an 8-8 football team simply because of the division they're in.

September 8th, 2012, 8:02 pm
Varsity Captain

Anybody have any news on a possible CJ injury?

I'm pretty sure it was on ESPN this afternoon. Saw the video and they said it was a foot and that CJ was on Wednesday's injury report.

Sure as hell hope it was/is minor, cause if not you all might want to rethink those predictions!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< :^o

September 13th, 2012, 4:49 pm
Boz wrote:
Anybody have any news on a possible CJ injury?

I'm pretty sure it was on ESPN this afternoon. Saw the video and they said it was a foot and that CJ was on Wednesday's injury report.

Sure as hell hope it was/is minor, cause if not you all might want to rethink those predictions!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< :^o

No big deal... He participated fully in practice today. He's fine.

September 13th, 2012, 4:59 pm
Varsity Captain

Thank God. If he's not busy in the Middle East. [-X

September 13th, 2012, 7:34 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:
I fail to see how we would lose to Jake Locker and the nobodies they have on both sides of the ball (outside of Chris Johnson). They have 1 impact player (not including Kenny Britt who is regularly hurt and/or suspended).

They have a decent OL - Roos is a good LT and they signed Hutch at LG. WRs are crap (outside of Britt). TEs are nothing beyond average. RB depth is average at best.

They have a decent secondary (good run support safeties, good pressure CBs). They have solid LBs and little pass rush. Defense is at best middle of the pack.

The Titans are NOT a good football team. They're average at best...and at best an 8-8 football team simply because of the division they're in.

I only think we will lose that game because we put an extra effort into beating the 49ers like what happened to us the week following our Monday night game against Chicago last year. We were still physically and emotionally spent from the previous week.

September 13th, 2012, 7:40 pm
Modmin Dude

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I only think we will lose that game because we put an extra effort into beating the 49ers like what happened to us the week following our Monday night game against Chicago last year. We were still physically and emotionally spent from the previous week.
Good point, but perhaps the return / debut of LeShoure might help to keep them focused on the game....as well as it being Schwartz former employer......

September 14th, 2012, 9:16 am
Modmin Dude

http://www.freep.com/article/20120921/S ... it%20Lions

September 21st, 2012, 9:57 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Lions love from Dr. Who????

Who'd a thunk it! lol :cheers:

September 21st, 2012, 10:23 am
QB Coach

Looking at the remaining schedule, if we play the same way we have the first three games, I see 5-11. If we put all facets of the game together like we should be able to, we'll be 8-8.

September 23rd, 2012, 6:41 pm
QB Coach

I'll revise that to 4-12 now. I don't see any sure wins on our remaining schedule besides Jacksonville and we all know what happened with our last two sure wins.

October 1st, 2012, 11:03 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
8-8 at best. Disappointing year it's been.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

October 1st, 2012, 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

10-6, 9-3 from here on with 1 loss to Green Bay and 2 other losses. We will get it right over the bye-week.

October 1st, 2012, 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 50  Next