View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 27th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 59  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Lions Predictions
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Just did the playoff machine on ESPN. Could waste a lot of time there. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta for the rest of the season because if they win the South, that's our likely destination is we land in the 5th seed. I'd rather go there than New Orleans. Plus if ATL miraculously beats GB this week we have a shot at the #2 seed, not expecting that because even if we become division champs, Philly and AZ would have to lose a game somewhere along the line.

I think the wheels are falling off in AZ. The injury bug just got too big to overcome. I see them melting down and possibly even missing the playoffs.

i agree, i think they are probably going to lose. stanton played two nice drives agains the lions and since then has had nothing, now the injuries are hitting them on the other side...potentially if san fran also falls apart and cans harbaugh, arizona could get in by beating san fran in the final week. on the flip side they probably only need 1 win to get into the playoffs bc they have the tiebreaker on philly, dallas and detroit

NOT if it's more than a 2 way tie they dont! A three way tie (or more), and the head to head tie breakers go out the window, and it's all based on confrence wins/losses. and this year there is a very large posability that it will be a multi-team tie. (dallas, Us, San Fran, Seattle, AZ, GB, Philly...all of them could potentially be tied at the end of the year. (they all wont be, but they COULD be!)

Thios is one of the more interesting playoff potential seasons that I have seen in years.

December 4th, 2014, 6:48 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Just did the playoff machine on ESPN. Could waste a lot of time there. I'm rooting hard for Atlanta for the rest of the season because if they win the South, that's our likely destination is we land in the 5th seed. I'd rather go there than New Orleans. Plus if ATL miraculously beats GB this week we have a shot at the #2 seed, not expecting that because even if we become division champs, Philly and AZ would have to lose a game somewhere along the line.

I think the wheels are falling off in AZ. The injury bug just got too big to overcome. I see them melting down and possibly even missing the playoffs.

i agree, i think they are probably going to lose. stanton played two nice drives agains the lions and since then has had nothing, now the injuries are hitting them on the other side...potentially if san fran also falls apart and cans harbaugh, arizona could get in by beating san fran in the final week. on the flip side they probably only need 1 win to get into the playoffs bc they have the tiebreaker on philly, dallas and detroit

NOT if it's more than a 2 way tie they dont! A three way tie (or more), and the head to head tie breakers go out the window, and it's all based on confrence wins/losses. and this year there is a very large posability that it will be a multi-team tie. (dallas, Us, San Fran, Seattle, AZ, GB, Philly...all of them could potentially be tied at the end of the year. (they all wont be, but they COULD be!)

Thios is one of the more interesting playoff potential seasons that I have seen in years.

even if there s a 3 way tie and they lose the first tiebreaker for the 1st wildcard the Cardinals would still have the edge over the remaining team for the final spot. i dont see the cards missing out of the playoffs if they win even just one game and end up 10-6.

December 4th, 2014, 7:30 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
inheritedlionsfan wrote:

Well it depends. Right now they have 2 NFC losses, and only play one more NFC team. if the lions win out, and Zona loses to Minny, if there is more than a 2 way tie we get in before AZ due to only having 2 confrences losses. If it's only a 2 way tie, they get in before us with the head to head tie-breaker.

BUT if we win out thats a moot point, because we'll take division. Green bay would then have at least 4 division loses and AZ would get in before them. If we knock GB out of the division lead, they COULD miss the playoffs altogether with 4 confrence loses. how crazy is this year!?!?!!?

even if there s a 3 way tie and they lose the first tiebreaker for the 1st wildcard the Cardinals would still have the edge over the remaining team for the final spot. i dont see the cards missing out of the playoffs if they win even just one game and end up 10-6.

December 5th, 2014, 11:21 am
Martha Firestone Ford

Just thought it would be a good time to review our preseason predictions. I am 10-5 so far on my preseason Picks. Hoping I finish 10-6.

BillySims wrote:
Here you go Pablo. I know you have been anxiously awaiting this. So, I kept you in suspense.

9/8/14 New York Giants - We got them at the right time. The Giants offense is dreadful. Our Defense outscores their offense. So does their Defense ( pick 6 ). This is just a bad Giants team. Lions win. 38-10 W 35-14

9/14/14 @ Carolina - Again. We got them at a good time. Cam isn't fully healthy and he has a whole new WR Corps. The Defense is still good. But, not as good as last year. This one is closer. Lions win. 27-24. L 7-24

9/21/14 Green Bay - Lions look at the schedule and see that last game. They know. They HAVE GOT TO WIN THIS ONE. They do. 32-27. W 19-7

9/28/14 @ New York Jets - Lions are on the road and spent a great deal of emotion and energy last week. They come out flat. Lose. 17-27. W 24-17

10/5/14 Buffalo - Bills just don't have the weaponry to keep up in a shoot out. Lions win. 45-34. L 14-17

10/12/14 @ Minnesota - Could be worse. This one could be in the last 3 weeks of the season also. LOL. But, the city of Minneapolis can be a cruel place for the Lions. Lions lose. 20-24. W 17-3

10/19 /14 New Orleans - Lions come out on fire knowing this is going to be a shootout. But, a funny thing happens. The lions Offense is able to control the clock and the Lions Defense plays surprisingly well. Lions win. 37-34 W 24-23

10/26 /14 @ Atlanta in London - Neutral field. The National symbol for Great Brittan is a Lion. Londoners clearly cheer for the Lions. Our Defensive line dominates. Lions win. 30-13. W 22-21

BYE WEEK 6-2 at the bye week. Looking good so far. But, we know all too well. It's not how you start. It's how you finish.

11/9/14 Miami - Lions have an extra week to rest and prepare for this. Lions win. 21-17 W 20-16

11/16/14 @ Arizona - We should have won last years match up. This year, we DON'T take a knee with 1st down and 45 Seconds left on the clock. Lions win. 23-21. L 6-14

11/23/14 @ New England - Tom Brady is rounding into playoff mode. Stafford? Well, he gets and education from a master of the position. Lions Lose. 35-38. L 9-34

11/27/14 Chicago - Start of a 3 game home stand. Lions are looking at those last 2 games and they KNOW THEY HAVE TO WIN THIS ONE. They Do. 41-31 W 34-17

12/7/14 Tampa Bay - I see this game as being pretty even. Tie goes to the home team. Lions win by a FG. 27-24. W 34-17

12/14 /14 Minnesota - Lions are 10-3 coming into this game. They know they probably need 1 more win to lock up a playoff spot. They look at the last 2 games and realize they better get it here. They do. Lions win. 37-17. W 16-14

12/21/14 @ Chicago - It's cold. It's outside. It's in Chicago where mostly bad things happen for the Lions. Marty took the wind and the loss. The NoWinCompletion. ECT. But, Cutler accidentally slams his head in his locker door before the game and becomes color blind. He throws 4 pick 6's. Lions win. 45-24. W 20-14

We stand at 11-4 right now with the division up for grabs. I am hoping to be wrong on my preseason prediction for this game @ Laimo Field.

12/28/14 @ Green Bay - Lions never win here. They are 12-3 and division champs. They rest the superstars. Lions lose. 20-27.

Lions finish 12-4. Division Champs. Green Bay gets a wild card.

December 24th, 2014, 12:51 pm
RIP Killer

In all fairness billy, you pick 11-5 or 12-4 like every year. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Last year I said 7-9 and in early December I said they'd lose out and GB would win out. Sure enough, it happened. This year, I said 9-7 and I'll gladly munch crow for it. Nobody expected the defense to outperform their talent like this. I hope Austin doesn't get a coaching gig next year, I selfishly want him back. Those HCs with 1 year coordinator experience tend not to do so hot.

December 24th, 2014, 1:14 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
In all fairness billy, you pick 11-5 or 12-4 like every year. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

Last year I said 7-9 and in early December I said they'd lose out and GB would win out. Sure enough, it happened. This year, I said 9-7 and I'll gladly munch crow for it. Nobody expected the defense to outperform their talent like this. I hope Austin doesn't get a coaching gig next year, I selfishly want him back. Those HCs with 1 year coordinator experience tend not to do so hot.

You are full of doo doo. I do not predict 11-5 or 12-4 every year. I have had my share of 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, and 2-14 predictions over the last 20 years. Just because you are correct about the last 2 years on my predictions does not universally make it true.

December 24th, 2014, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

You do realize that we've only had the prediction thread since 09, so that's what I'm going off of. From 04-09...well those years of Bryson, Bryant, Wilson, Williams,mets were all a terrible blur...

I was bored so I did some digging in the predictions thread...

Billy's predictions
09 - 6-10
10 - 9-7
11 - 12-4
12 - 11-5
13 - 12-4
14 - 12-4

Still full of doo doo?

December 24th, 2014, 2:51 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
Really? I was bored so I did some digging in the predictions thread...

Billy's predictions
09 - 6-10
10 - 9-7
11 - 12-4
12 - 11-5
13 - 12-4
14 - 12-4

Still full of doo doo?

You made a universal statement that I predict 11-5 or 12-4 every year. All I need to prove your statement wrong is to find 1 year in which I didn't predict that. You did it for me and you found 2 years in just the last 6. Go back further than that and I bet you will find a whole lot of years that I predicted less than 10 wins. But, that wouldn't suit your purposes would it?

December 24th, 2014, 2:56 pm
RIP Killer

My point was that you're generally over optimistic and your recent track record shows that to be true (1 season with a wing record and 4 predictions of 11-5 or better).

I was talking about your recent predictions, not 5+ years ago. I learned long ago never to bet on the lions, lost too much pride and money. I still root and cheer, I just weather my hopes for the likely letdown. 30+ years of let downs and rectum kickings does that to you.

December 24th, 2014, 3:05 pm
Martha Firestone Ford

conversion02 wrote:
My point was that you're generally over optimistic and your recent track record shows that to be true (1 season with a wing record and 4 predictions of 11-5 or better).

I was talking about your recent predictions, not 5+ years ago. I learned long ago never to bet on the lions, lost too much pride and money. I still root and cheer, I just weather my hopes for the likely letdown. 30+ years of let downs and rectum kickings does that to you.

At the end of everything, IT IS JUST A GAME. I learned years ago to quit taking it personally.
And generally, I prefer to be optimistic in my outlook for everything. Who wants to be so miserable because they always expect misery?
I guess people like to be miserable around here. Or at least act like they are.

December 24th, 2014, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

I don't know about others, but I know myself and m2k are not miserable. Certainly, nobody is in that wjb territory. I remember years ago I asked Legend if he was really Drew Sharpe based on his responses around here. I praise the lions for the positive points, but I also recognize the weaknesses...and I a,so see them as an in and out first round loss playoff team.

If they don't make a name for themselves this year, they stand be take a nice step back next year with the losses on the DL and another year older for CJ. The defense has largely outplayed their talent level and I don't see them keeping it up if they lose suh, fairley, Mosley, jones, Mathis, Johnson, etc.

December 24th, 2014, 3:42 pm
National Champion

conversion02 wrote:
I don't know about others, but I know myself and m2k are not miserable. Certainly, nobody is in that wjb territory. I remember years ago I asked Legend if he was really Drew Sharpe based on his responses around here. I praise the lions for the positive points, but I also recognize the weaknesses...and I a,so see them as an in and out first round loss playoff team.

If they don't make a name for themselves this year, they stand be take a nice step back next year with the losses on the DL and another year older for CJ. The defense has largely outplayed their talent level and I don't see them keeping it up if they lose suh, fairley, Mosley, jones, Mathis, Johnson, etc.

Come one this statement is bogus in my opinion. Every team loses FA and last I checked time proceeds the same way for every player and all of the stars will be a year older next year. Your statement makes it sound like all over teams will stay the same while the Lions get worse. It's simply not a fair statement.

I understand your reserve for the Lions going into the final game of the year but I think they have the potential of winning every game they play against whomever they play, they just won't be favored against any team other than the NFC South winner.

December 24th, 2014, 3:48 pm
RIP Killer

Does every tam lose the heart of their team every offseason? That's what this DL is to this team. Suh is a massive part of the DL and it shows when he's not in their. The line was also much better when fairley was playing. There is a nice drop off to Mosley. I honestly don't think suh will resign, for various reasons (money, image, lifestyle, family, etc).

Have you watched the games when the DL isn't getting pressure? Scrub QBs pick the D apart. Stanton, Clausen, Bridgewater...all had great completion percentages when not being pressured. When they started pressuring Bridgewater and Clausen and they hurry throws. That's why the lions picked it up late in both games. They got pressure. Lose that pressure and you don't win those close, comeback games in spite of an inept offense.

But sure, it's a bogus statement because you don't think losing the biggest defensive contributor won't matter...or you think we'll somehow resign them all, keep Austin, and they'll all play beyond their potential like they did this year.

December 24th, 2014, 4:00 pm
Veteran NFL Head Coach

conversion02 wrote:

bolded part of above

i dont remember that but what are you insinuating?

December 24th, 2014, 4:23 pm
National Champion

conversion02 wrote:
Does every tam lose the heart of their team every offseason? That's what this DL is to this team. Suh is a massive part of the DL and it shows when he's not in their. The line was also much better when fairley was playing. There is a nice drop off to Mosley. I honestly don't think suh will resign, for various reasons (money, image, lifestyle, family, etc).

Have you watched the games when the DL isn't getting pressure? Scrub QBs pick the D apart. Stanton, Clausen, Bridgewater...all had great completion percentages when not being pressured. When they started pressuring Bridgewater and Clausen and they hurry throws. That's why the lions picked it up late in both games. They got pressure. Lose that pressure and you don't win those close, comeback games in spite of an inept offense.

But sure, it's a bogus statement because you don't think losing the biggest defensive contributor won't matter...or you think we'll somehow resign them all, keep Austin, and they'll all play beyond their potential like they did this year.

bahumbug. I never said it wouldn't matter, I said things tend to balance themselves out. Suh is probably gone, but he's not irreplaceable.

December 24th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 59  Next