View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Preseason week 4. Lions @ Bills. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Preseason week 4. Lions @ Bills.
http://www.lionbacker.com/chat/

August 28th, 2014, 7:11 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: Preseason week 4. Lions @ Bills.
I skipped out on several things to stay home and watch this. What was I thinking? I'm an idiot.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 28th, 2014, 8:46 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I gotta say that I am becoming comfortable with Kellen Moore if we ever have to use him in a real game.

August 28th, 2014, 9:06 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

BillySims wrote:
I gotta say that I am becoming comfortable with Kellen Moore if we ever have to use him in a real game.

I've always liked him and he should be our number 2. Orlovsky has shown time and time again that he is allergic to TDs and is not capable of winning. Moore is a genius with short stature and limited arm strength. He also has a winner's mentality unlike Dan Orlovsky. Hands down the better football player

August 28th, 2014, 9:19 pm
All State

Yea, I agree Kellen is just a better qb .

August 29th, 2014, 12:34 am
Team MVP

Kind of off subject, but I sure am glad I took the Patriots D in 2 of my fantasy leagues. Having to play Buffalo's crappy offense twice a year, not to mention Miami and NYJ crap offense twice a year, should be good for Patriots.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

August 29th, 2014, 9:11 am
3rd Round Selection

I don't see why we'd keep Moore on the roster. No one is going to pick him up off waivers, so put him on the practice squad. Our season is screwed if Stafford misses serious time regardless!

August 29th, 2014, 10:28 am
RIP Killer

UK Lion wrote:
I don't see why we'd keep Moore on the roster. No one is going to pick him up off waivers, so put him on the practice squad. Our season is screwed if Stafford misses serious time regardless!

Exactly! Lets look at the options/scenarios here:

1) Worst case - the Lions release him and he gets picked up by another team. Outcome: is there really much difference between Moore and someone you sign off the street at that point? Josh Freeman, David Garrard, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Seneca Wallace, etc. (and a host of QBs who are about to hit the waiver wire).

2) Best case - the Lions release him, clears waivers and is put on the PS. He is our 3rd QB without taking up a roster spot.

Honestly, the risk of the worse case is well worth it IMO. I'd much rather have someone on the 53 who is going to contribute, even if that means picking up a waived player of a team we are going to face just to pick his brains about an opponent.

In reality, the question I have is who is the better backup QB between Dan O and Kellen, make your choice and let the other one walk.

August 29th, 2014, 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Heisman Winner

From what I've seen in the past 4 weeks, Moore is definitely better than Dan O. The only reason Orlavsky might win a spot on the 53 is that he is a Caldwell guy.

Pablo, the primary difference between Moore and any FA QB is familiarity with the system. Moore has shown that he can run this offense and can make the right throws/decisions, lack of an elite arm doesn't necessarily mean lack of production.

August 29th, 2014, 12:13 pm
RIP Killer

DayDreamer wrote:
From what I've seen in the past 4 weeks, Moore is definitely better than Dan O. The only reason Orlavsky might win a spot on the 53 is that he is a Caldwell guy.

Pablo, the primary difference between Moore and any FA QB is familiarity with the system. Moore has shown that he can run this offense and can make the right throws/decisions, lack of an elite arm doesn't necessarily mean lack of production.

If the Lions are down to Moore at QB they aren't going anywhere. First, if it happens early in the season they aren't making the playoffs. If they are already in the playoffs, they aren't making it past the first game.

Give me a veteran QB who can learn the system fairly quickly and has won NFL games before vs. some guy taking up a valuable roster spot who is just learning the system this year and hasn't taken an NFL snap and can't make NFL throws.

I'd rather have someone like Jerome Couplin on the roster who has a future with the team and can make an impact this year...

August 29th, 2014, 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

i think moore deserves a spot on this team. he s learning the offense, is getting better year to year and looks like an acceptable game manager. i think he could be a cheap QB2 for the Lions. I dont see a ton of upside but he s not mistake prone with decisions and is accurate with his throws more importantly seems to know his limitations.

August 29th, 2014, 12:28 pm
Heisman Winner

Pablo wrote:
If the Lions are down to Moore at QB they aren't going anywhere. First, if it happens early in the season they aren't making the playoffs. If they are already in the playoffs, they aren't making it past the first game.

Give me a veteran QB who can learn the system fairly quickly and has won NFL games before vs. some guy taking up a valuable roster spot who is just learning the system this year and hasn't taken an NFL snap and can't make NFL throws.

I'd rather have someone like Jerome Couplin on the roster who has a future with the team and can make an impact this year...

A backup QB is a backup QB for a reason, there aren't many teams whose backup QB can take them to the playoffs (or win one). Wasting valuable cap room on an expensive backup doesn't make any sense. And between Orlavsky and Moore, I think Moore is our guy.

August 29th, 2014, 1:06 pm
RIP Killer

But does Moore have the skillz to keep his eyes downfield whilst running out of the back of the endzone? :lol:

August 29th, 2014, 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

1) Worst case - the Lions release him and he gets picked up by another team. Outcome: is there really much difference between Moore and someone you sign off the street at that point? Josh Freeman, David Garrard, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Seneca Wallace, etc. (and a host of QBs who are about to hit the waiver wire).

2) Best case - the Lions release him, clears waivers and is put on the PS. He is our 3rd QB without taking up a roster spot.

Honestly, the risk of the worse case is well worth it IMO. I'd much rather have someone on the 53 who is going to contribute, even if that means picking up a waived player of a team we are going to face just to pick his brains about an opponent.

In reality, the question I have is who is the better backup QB between Dan O and Kellen, make your choice and let the other one walk.

I guarantee you, if we cut him with the intent of putting him on the Practice Squad, The Bills will pick him up. The Bills have maybe the worst QB situation in the NFL after Manuel.

August 29th, 2014, 4:45 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
UK Lion wrote:

I guarantee you, if we cut him with the intent of putting him on the Practice Squad, The Bills will pick him up. The Bills have maybe the worst QB situation in the NFL after Manuel.

why would they when they just cut Thad? he was a Lions castoff with about the same potential as Moore...

They need STARTER capable guys, not perrenial backups like Moore is destined to be. He doesnt have the armstrength to be anyones starter.

August 29th, 2014, 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next