View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Lions Release Matt Joyce 
Cheerleader

Post Lions Release Matt Joyce
I heard Millen said they released Matt Joyce this morning. I'm not sure if that was the right move, I feel they should have cut Loverne.

Also, the Titans Matched the offer for LB Kassel.

April 21st, 2005, 2:01 pm
Site Admin

1stly Welcome to Lionbacker Bleedin Honolulu blue 20!!!!!! Make sure you put some gauze on cause this is brand new carpet and my mom will kill me if you bleed all over it :wink: ok...bad bad joke.

I agree, I thought Joyce > Loverne plus every time I see or his him name I ask myself wheres Shirely?

But Joyce was older as well so either I don't fell it was a huge loss especially with the addtions they made.

April 21st, 2005, 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Personaly I would have rather kept Joyce and not resigned Victor Rogers but I agree with Alpha that it shouldn't be a huge loss.

April 21st, 2005, 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I seen Joyce wouldve counted around a million against the cap... Pry just a cap casualty :roll:

April 21st, 2005, 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
League MVP

Joyce was a tackle playing guard last season. When he was in, yes he was better than Loverne (who is a joke) but he limited the offensive schemes. With Kosier coming in it opened up some space and its time for either VRogers or KButler to at least be reliable backups...Hope we can somehow replace Loverne because if we ever need him we cant count on him...

April 21st, 2005, 2:49 pm
Baton Girl

I'm a bit conflicted on this move...........

I'm a big fan of Joyce. I think he's been an unsung solid player for us for the past few years. We've ALWAYS been a team burdened by injuries on o-line. Joyce has always been solid when called upon, whether it be at left tackle or left guard. Joyce is simply a piece - of any teams puzzle - that gives a sense of security when solid depth at tackle or guard is needed. It bothers me that he was actually a HUGE upgrade over Lovergne last year plus he definitely played well at LT when called upon in the past.

....but.................................

Joyce is certainly getting a bit long in the tooth...........

That's fine, but when I look at Loverne, I still feel as though we'd be better off with Joyce for one more season. Get rid of Loverne who in my opinion is a piece of crap regardless of age. I figure either Joyce or Kosier could do a far better job at either Guard or Tackle than Loverne who was regularly beaten like a drum last seasn.

Let's put it this way............ Loverne was the biggest FA dissappointment for me last season. Matt Joyce was one of the biggest FA slam dunks for me 3 years ago.

:arrow:

April 21st, 2005, 8:43 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
All hail Joyce!!!!! All hail Joyce!!!!! :lol:

April 22nd, 2005, 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]