View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 lions pick 
Pop Warner Allstar

Post lions pick
of course it takes two to tangle but my best scenario or most logical scenario is that the lions trade down to around the 13th-16th picks and select:

DAVID POLLACK d.e. GEORGIA(while acquiring an additional pick). probably a 3rd but hopefully a second.

BUT if the stay at #10 i hope they select:

SHAWNE MERRIMAN D.E./OLB MARYLAND

Last edited by 2005lion on April 22nd, 2005, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 22nd, 2005, 4:54 pm
RIP Killer

I know Millen loves this guy, however, if they do trade down into that spot I have a surprise pick...

CARLOS ROGERS!

April 22nd, 2005, 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Post PICK
i can't believe how high this guy is climbing up the draft.
he hits like a freight train though.

to me pollack fills a greater need.

April 22nd, 2005, 5:06 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I'm O.K. with Carlos Rogers. I was watching NFL Network this morning and Mayock was talking about Merriman. He said that he has put on an additional 20 lbs since the end of the season which would make him a better fit for a 4-3 defense. I guess I wouldn't be heartbroken if they took him either. I would like to see them trade down and get an additional pick though.

April 22nd, 2005, 5:24 pm
Bubbles the Lion

well in killers talk today he made it sound like there really isn't any way the lions are gonna trade UNLESS there are some major moves from people behind us moving up and completely changing our mock.

April 22nd, 2005, 6:14 pm
Profile YIM
RIP Killer

well in killers talk today he made it sound like there really isn't any way the lions are gonna trade UNLESS there are some major moves from people behind us moving up and completely changing our mock.

Killer knows nothing. I have heard him talk about how Lehman would be the starting MLB this year. Then he said no because he didn't play well there last year, then he changed his mind again less than a month later. So when Killer says something will or won't happen, I tend to go with my own instincts. If Rolle or DJ are available, the Lions pick one of them. If Merriman is there, the Lions look for a remarkable (not like last year with Cleveland) deal. If all are gone (unlikely, but possible) then they take what they can get in trade and don't look back. I still foresee the possibility of Philly packaging #31, #35 and #95 to move up to ten and take a wide receiver if they are there.

April 22nd, 2005, 6:24 pm
RIP Killer

On Wednesday, Killer said that if the Lions draft DJ, Lehman will be moved to middle, to play where he was intitially drafted for. I don't recall Millen drafting Lehman to play the middle....otherwise he wouldn't have been starting at OLB last season. Am I wrong?

Killer talks out of his rectum. When he says 10 things, I expect 9 to be wrong and one to be right.

April 22nd, 2005, 6:46 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

For me, I expect 9 things to be wrong and the other to be moronic. :P

April 22nd, 2005, 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Killer knows nothing.

amen, mike.

tom has lifted himself on this pedestal and his advise is often erroneous and misleading.

April 22nd, 2005, 7:29 pm
RIP Killer

On Wednesday, Killer said that if the Lions draft DJ, Lehman will be moved to middle, to play where he was intitially drafted for. I don't recall Millen drafting Lehman to play the middle....otherwise he wouldn't have been starting at OLB last season. Am I wrong?

Killer talks out of his rectum. When he says 10 things, I expect 9 to be wrong and one to be right.

Actually Lehman WAS drafted to play the middle, but was forced to play SLB because of the injury to Boss and Curry. When Donte improved, he didn't play well enough to displace Lehman. Plus, Holmes was playing extremely well, so why make the switch. In addition, Lehman was struggling to disengage blockers in practice and pre-season. I fear Lehman will still have the same problems this year. DJ played middle early in his Texas career, but the coaches moved him outside feeling he could make more plays there. DJ has the same knock on him that Lehman did; he doesn't play well in traffic and prefers to run around blockers than through them.

April 22nd, 2005, 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]