View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Greetings from the United Kindom & Ireland fan Club 
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Greetings from the United Kindom & Ireland fan Club
Silversurger wrote:
Haven't been here for a while, but I'm amazed to read that there are so many Lions fans in UK & Ireland. Do you have a website? I found only sites related to the "British & Irish Lions" which seems to be a rugby team.

By the way, I'm a German Lions fan and there are about 5 more at nfl-talk.net (the largest NFL forum in German language).

Hi,
We don't have a website at the moment and do most of our Communication through the www.nfl.com uk forum,we are still growing and at present it doesn't make sense to set up a seperate website .
My wife and I are just back from Germany as we were in Augsburg,Nurnberg,Bamberg,Munchen,love the Country,people and Weissbier.We follow Bundesliga Football,my wife likes Bayern Munchen and I love FC St Pauli as we were in Furth for the game they won that secured their passage to Bundesliga 1 :D

Great to hear the Lions family is growing in Europe.

Kind Regards

IrishLion09

May 24th, 2010, 12:52 am
Veteran General Manager

IrishLion09 wrote:
Silversurger wrote:
Haven't been here for a while, but I'm amazed to read that there are so many Lions fans in UK & Ireland. Do you have a website? I found only sites related to the "British & Irish Lions" which seems to be a rugby team.

By the way, I'm a German Lions fan and there are about 5 more at nfl-talk.net (the largest NFL forum in German language).

Hi,
We don't have a website at the moment and do most of our Communication through the http://www.nfl.com uk forum,we are still growing and at present it doesn't make sense to set up a seperate website .
My wife and I are just back from Germany as we were in Augsburg,Nurnberg,Bamberg,Munchen,love the Country,people and Weissbier.We follow Bundesliga Football,my wife likes Bayern Munchen and I love FC St Pauli as we were in Furth for the game they won that secured their passage to Bundesliga 1 :D

Kind Regards

IrishLion09

A few of us Yanks served in the Army in Germany. I was stationed in Graphenwhor in the Mid 80's. Ish haben ein Tucker dunkels bier unt a schnitzel bitte :!:

Why can't we get a schnitzel in America?

May 26th, 2010, 9:36 pm
Pop Warner Vet

BillySims wrote:
A few of us Yanks served in the Army in Germany. I was stationed in Graphenwhor in the Mid 80's. Ish haben ein Tucker dunkels bier unt a schnitzel bitte :!:

On my last visit to America, I saw that there is a fast-food chain named wienerschnitzel, but strangely enough they didn't offer any schnitzel at all. :-k

If you should ever visit the Wiesbaden area, make sure to have one at "Der Waldgeist" - they offer the largest schnitzels I have ever seen.

May 27th, 2010, 4:54 am
Varsity Captain

Welcome to all our fellow Lions fans from across the pond!

BillySims wrote:

Billy if you are ever in the Saginaw Valley area (Bay City, Saginaw, etc.) I know of two places that have schnitzel. In Frankenmuth the Bavarian Inn have Weiner Schinitzel (veal) and Jaeger Schnitsel (pork). I am not a big fan of the restaurant personally but the schnitzel, sauerbraten and brats are pretty good.

My other suggestion is a small restaurant in Bay City, on the East side of the Saginaw River, called the Atrium. I believe it is On Water St. about 2 blocks west of Washington Ave. (main N-S strip on East side of river) between Vetrans and Liberty Bridges. It is attached to a bar called the Stein House which has a nice beer selection. The atmosphere and service are not great but the schnitzel and red gabbage or sauerkraut is pretty good. I think you can order off the Atrium menu in the Stein House which has, IMO, a better atmoshpere.

May 27th, 2010, 4:13 pm
BillySims wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:
Silversurger wrote:

Hi,
We don't have a website at the moment and do most of our Communication through the http://www.nfl.com uk forum,we are still growing and at present it doesn't make sense to set up a seperate website .

Kind Regards

IrishLion09

Billy, go to Jacoby's in Detroit. It's the best German food around! You can get all sorts of schnitzel at Jacoby's.

May 27th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Veteran General Manager

Thanks all,

But, I am in the middle of the state. Kind of far to go to get a schnitzle. But, if I am ever in the area.

May 29th, 2010, 2:32 pm
RIP Killer

IrishLion09 wrote:
We follow Bundesliga Football,my wife likes Bayern Munchen and I love FC St Pauli as we were in Furth for the game they won that secured their passage to Bundesliga 1 :D

IrishLion09

...What? Am I the minority who had NO idea what that means?

May 31st, 2010, 8:24 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I'm also from Europe, though I'm not sure how many of you guys here are familiar with Serbia. It's been through quite a few changes in recent history. :D

May 31st, 2010, 10:20 pm
Veteran General Manager

conversion02 wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:
We follow Bundesliga Football,my wife likes Bayern Munchen and I love FC St Pauli as we were in Furth for the game they won that secured their passage to Bundesliga 1 :D

IrishLion09

Ish sprechen zie kein Deutch. = I speak a little German. ( just enough to order a schnitzle and a beer ).

Mind you, it's been just about 3 decades since I was over there. So, I am rusty on my German.

Bundesliga = Bundes is a common base word for, ( well basically ), German National. I think, but, I can't remember which: the German Army or the German Police are called the Bundesphere. Liga = League

Bayern = I think that is a term for Bavaria Munchen= Munich Munich is located in Bavaria

I am not sure what FC stands for. St Pauli is the name of the team I think.

Furth is another town in Germany.

May 31st, 2010, 10:39 pm
Fair Weather Fan

BillySims wrote:

FC = Football Club. Just need to remember that Europeans call soccer football. :)

And yes, St. Pauli is the name of the team.

May 31st, 2010, 10:48 pm
Stadium Announcer

Silversurger wrote:
BillySims wrote:

On my last visit to America, I saw that there is a fast-food chain named wienerschnitzel, but strangely enough they didn't offer any schnitzel at all. :-k

If you should ever visit the Wiesbaden area, make sure to have one at "Der Waldgeist" - they offer the largest schnitzels I have ever seen.

That is some amount of meat on a plate :shock:

June 1st, 2010, 5:33 pm
RIP Killer

That makes me hungry...

June 1st, 2010, 6:57 pm
Veteran General Manager

IrishLion09 wrote:
Silversurger wrote:
BillySims wrote:

That is some amount of meat on a plate :shock:

LOL. It's also a poor layout on the plate. It looks like something that someone with worms has already eaten and thrown back up. LOL :puke:

I don't know what that sauce is. I always got a sandwich when I ordered a schnitzel.

June 1st, 2010, 10:37 pm
Stadium Announcer

Pathfinder wrote:
BillySims wrote:

FC = Football Club. Just need to remember that Europeans call soccer football. :)

And yes, St. Pauli is the name of the team.

Pozdrav iz Irska Pathfinder.(greetings from Ireland)

Thanks for clearing up the FC St Pauli.

I have been to your Beautiful Country a number of Times as my Wife has relations living in Belgrade and Cacak,My favourite beer in Jelen pivo and I have a quite a few when I get back to Belgrade,which is not as often as I would like.We hope to get back next year and visit more of Serbia as we have been to Cacak,Novi Sad and the surrounding area's.We want to see more as the place is amazing as are the people.

Pathfinder are you a Lion's fan? :arrow:

Regards

Steve. :D

June 3rd, 2010, 9:51 pm
Stadium Announcer

BillySims wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:

IrishLion09

Ish sprechen zie kein Deutch. = I speak a little German. ( just enough to order a schnitzle and a beer ).

Mind you, it's been just about 3 decades since I was over there. So, I am rusty on my German.

Bundesliga = Bundes is a common base word for, ( well basically ), German National. I think, but, I can't remember which: the German Army or the German Police are called the Bundesphere. Liga = League

Bayern = I think that is a term for Bavaria Munchen= Munich Munich is located in Bavaria

Furth is another town in Germany.

BillySims you are still well veresed in German and your memory serves you well. :cheers:

You have indeed got me out of a hole,Sorry for the confussion caused Folks and I will explain myself better in future.once again Mr Sims Danke (Thanks)

Regards

IrishLion09

June 3rd, 2010, 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next