View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Greetings from the United Kindom & Ireland fan Club 
Fair Weather Fan

Post Re: Greetings from the United Kindom & Ireland fan Club
IrishLion09 wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:
BillySims wrote:
I am not sure what FC stands for. St Pauli is the name of the team I think.

FC = Football Club. Just need to remember that Europeans call soccer football. :)

And yes, St. Pauli is the name of the team.

Pozdrav iz Irska Pathfinder.(greetings from Ireland)

Thanks for clearing up the FC St Pauli.

I have been to your Beautiful Country a number of Times as my Wife has relations living in Belgrade and Cacak,My favourite beer in Jelen pivo and I have a quite a few when I get back to Belgrade,which is not as often as I would like.We hope to get back next year and visit more of Serbia as we have been to Cacak,Novi Sad and the surrounding area's.We want to see more as the place is amazing as are the people.

Pathfinder are you a Lion's fan? :arrow:

Regards

Steve. :D

I should have read this before my PM. It's much clearer now. :)

Glad you liked it here. It can be fun, and usually tourists like it when they come here. People are friendly and good natured, mostly. :) Maybe we'll meet once in Belgrade. :)

Yeah, I am a Lions fan. 5footballhelmet.gif

June 4th, 2010, 5:14 am
Stadium Announcer

Hi Pathfinder,

For sure ,the next time I'm over in Belgrade we will meet for a Pivo(beer) and talk about all things Lions. :cheers: I love chilling out in the outdoor Cafes watching the world go by.

June 4th, 2010, 6:40 pm
Fair Weather Fan

Glad to hear it. Hopefully I won't be somewhere out of country when you come to Serbia. :)

June 4th, 2010, 7:54 pm
Stadium Announcer

Silversurger wrote:
BillySims wrote:
A few of us Yanks served in the Army in Germany. I was stationed in Graphenwhor in the Mid 80's. Ish haben ein Tucker dunkels bier unt a schnitzel bitte :!:

Why can't we get a schnitzel in America?

On my last visit to America, I saw that there is a fast-food chain named wienerschnitzel, but strangely enough they didn't offer any schnitzel at all. :-k

If you should ever visit the Wiesbaden area, make sure to have one at "Der Waldgeist" - they offer the largest schnitzels I have ever seen.

If any of you live near a Serbian Restaurant then try the Karađorđević Schnitzel,Pork rolled and Stuffed with Serbian Cheese,then rolled in bread crumbs.Deep Fried (lightly)pure Heaven......your tastebudes will love for it!

June 10th, 2010, 12:54 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

my heart coughed when I saw this picture. GROSS!!!!

June 10th, 2010, 1:19 am
Pop Warner Vet

BillySims wrote:
LOL. It's also a poor layout on the plate. It looks like something that someone with worms has already eaten and thrown back up. LOL :puke:

I don't know what that sauce is. I always got a sandwich when I ordered a schnitzel.

Lol, you are right about the layout - the "Waldgeist" is a restaurant which is known rather for its huge quantities than for pleasant plate arrangements. I don't care as long as their schnitzels taste as great as they do. The sauce on the picture is one of 10 or so to chose from.
Just to get this clear: A schnitzel is not a sandwich - a schnitzel is a breaded lean piece of meat (usually pork, sometimes veal or poultry). But of course you can put one on a bread roll and thus make a sandwich out of it. Maybe your innkeeper was aware that "Schnitzelbrötchen" is a complicated word and knew that this is what his American customers wanted when ordering a schnitzel. :wink:

Last edited by Silversurger on June 11th, 2010, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 10th, 2010, 8:44 am
Stadium Announcer

Silversurger wrote:
BillySims wrote:
LOL. It's also a poor layout on the plate. It looks like something that someone with worms has already eaten and thrown back up. LOL :puke:

I don't know what that sauce is. I always got a sandwich when I ordered a schnitzel.

Lol, you are right about the layout - the "Waldgeist" is a restaurant which is known rather for its huge quantities than for pleasant plate arrangements. I don't care as long as their schnitzels taste as great as they do. The sauce on the picture is one of 10 or so to chose from.
Just to get this clear: A schnitzel is not a sandwich - a schnitzel is a breaded lean piece of meat (usually pork, sometimes veal or poultry). But of course you can put one on a bread roll a thus make a sandwich out of it. Maybe your innkeeper was aware that "Schnitzelbrötchen" is a complicated word and knew that this is what his American customers wanted one when ordering a schnitzel. :wink:

Have you eaten one that size?The chips/Fries on top.....why dontknow.gif

June 10th, 2010, 9:59 am
Pop Warner Vet

IrishLion09 wrote:
Have you eaten one that size?

No, I always order the wimp version of about half that size. :oops:

June 11th, 2010, 5:03 am
Stadium Announcer

Silversurger wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:
Have you eaten one that size?

No, I always order the wimp version of about half that size. :oops:

Whimp :shock: !you deserve a Medal for munching through half of those bad boys =D>
I would have a Defibrillator on stand by if I tried to get my teeth into one of them :wink:

June 11th, 2010, 8:26 am
Fair Weather Fan

On the subject of schnitzel, I am just back from my looonngg and lovely holiday of driving round Europe. If you goto Vienna (home of the schnitzel) and you want a BIG schnitzel head for Figlmuller - they serve the largest in Vienna, and the largest I've ever seen anywhere - certainly larger than the one in the picture.

July 10th, 2010, 12:57 pm
Stadium Announcer

Kim Mitten wrote:
On the subject of schnitzel, I am just back from my looonngg and lovely holiday of driving round Europe. If you goto Vienna (home of the schnitzel) and you want a BIG schnitzel head for Figlmuller - they serve the largest in Vienna, and the largest I've ever seen anywhere - certainly larger than the one in the picture.

Hope you had a great Holiday/vacation,I did the Road trip about 10 years ago with two friends and I still look back on it with Fond Memories.Not sure the care user of Europe do,as they drive on the wrong side of the Road :wink:

July 12th, 2010, 3:46 pm
Stadium Announcer

Hi Folks,

Some of the Lions fan Club this side of the Pond tailgating at the 49ers V Broncos game in Wembley Stadium London,England, 31 October.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... febba80a9c

November 2nd, 2010, 4:58 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

IrishLion09 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Some of the Lions fan Club this side of the Pond tailgating at the 49ers V Broncos game in Wembley Stadium London,England, 31 October.

Excellent pics, hope all had a great time!! I thought you guys would be hoisting up more pints then I saw :lol:

November 2nd, 2010, 5:04 pm
Stadium Announcer

grgrundge wrote:
IrishLion09 wrote:
Hi Folks,

Excellent pics, hope all had a great time!! I thought you guys would be hoisting up more pints then I saw :lol:

Off Camera was a table full of Beer just for the Pride! I was looking after my niece #81 so I was on the dry but,boy did the other guys make up for my short fall. We had a great time and we got some envious looks from others.The Lions were also shown on the Giant screens at Wembley Stadium as we got Game updates.I screamed like a madman when I seen Calvin work his magic.They didn't show Mr Suh and the Defensive boys working their" operation Sackfest" :cheers:

November 2nd, 2010, 5:11 pm
RIP Killer

Found a site where a student designed soccer uniforms for NFL teams both home and away w/ sponsers...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sgtdopushups/nfl-futbol-21dz

February 8th, 2011, 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next