View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Lions 2010 Schedule 
League MVP

Post Lions 2010 Schedule
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100420 ... e-schedule

The Lions' complete schedule:

Sunday, Sept. 12 -- at Chicago

Sunday, Sept. 19 -- Philadelphia

Sunday, Sept. 26 -- at Minnesota

Sunday, Oct. 3 -- at Green Bay

Sunday, Oct. 10 -- St. Louis

Sunday, Oct. 1 7 -- at N.Y. Giants

BYE

Sunday, Oct. 31 -- Washington

Sunday, Nov. 7 -- N.Y. Jets

Sunday, Nov. 14 -- at Buffalo

Sunday, Nov. 21 -- at Dallas

Thursday, Nov. 25 -- New England

Sunday, Dec. 5 -- Chicago

Sunday, Dec. 12 -- Green Bay

Sunday, Dec. 19 -- at Tampa Bay

Sunday, Dec. 26 -- at Miami

Sunday, Jan. 2 -- Minnesota

At least we don't have too early of a bye this year.

April 20th, 2010, 5:34 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Lions 2010 Schedule
are you fricken kidding?? 3 out of the first 4 games are divisional AWAY games??

DAMMIT...we're gonna start 0-4.. :x

April 20th, 2010, 5:37 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

And they don't have to play at Green Bay in December! :cheers:

April 20th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Post Lions have a tough schedule
The Lions have the 13th toughest schedule. Having both Minnesota and Green Bay in the division does not help matters much. Only 6 of those games appear to be at all winnable for them: Chicago (twice), St. Louis, Washington, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay. They have the misfortune of having to play two divisions that sent two teams to the playoffs last year--both the NFC East (Dallas, Philadelphia) and AFC East (NY Jets, New England). So, eight of their opponents will have made the playoffs (with Green Bay and Minnesota counting twice). Perhaps they'll win a game or two that they shouldn't and finish at 5-11 or 6-10.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... egula.html

Sunday, Sept. 12 -- at Chicago
Sunday, Sept. 19 -- Philadelphia
Sunday, Oct. 10 -- St. Louis
Sunday, Oct. 17 -- at N.Y. Giants
Sunday, Oct. 24 -- BYE
Sunday, Oct. 31 -- Washington
Sunday, Nov. 14 -- at Buffalo
Sunday, Dec. 5 -- Chicago
Sunday, Dec. 12 -- Green Bay
Sunday, Dec. 19 -- at Tampa Bay
Sunday, Dec. 26 -- at Miami
Sunday, Jan. 2 -- Minnesota

April 20th, 2010, 5:39 pm
Butkus Award Winner

regularjoe12 wrote:
are you fricken kidding?? 3 out of the first 4 games are divisional AWAY games??

DAMMIT...we're gonna start 0-4.. :x

Eeeeeyup. Unless this conglomerate of recent draft picks, trade acquisitions, and journeyman free agents can somehow synergistically come together to form an NFL team of average ability, they'll be the doormats of the NFC North again. The good news is that they'll have high draft picks for the 2011 draft. Perhaps the 2011 season will be the one where they finally go 8-8 and compete for a playoff spot.

April 20th, 2010, 5:47 pm
League MVP

I think I could see 7-9 this year.

April 20th, 2010, 5:51 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I think they are looking at a 2-4 win season. The Football Gods could look down upon them and throw them a couple wins bringing it to 6 games but that's the most I can see and only with a lot of factors going their way.

April 20th, 2010, 6:02 pm
Junior Varsity

So... we have to win a road game against one of our division rivals or the Giants or we get to tie our NFL record road losing streak by our bye week. Wonderful :-&

Then again... maybe Chicago will be generous to us again, they helped us break the last one after all. Be a helluva nice way to start the season.

April 20th, 2010, 6:52 pm
RIP Killer

Wonder who leaked all these schedules?

April 20th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Pro Bowl Player

leaked? Wasnt today the announcement day. (Or is that tomorrow)?

On a side note, I cant be the only person who sees the Eagles as a winnable game. They are in rebuild mode, and their QB is either Kolb or Vick. Thier D is aging , westbrook is gone. As long as our ST plays ok and they dont get super Field Positione very time (thanks DeSean jackson) i actually think its winnable. Do i think the eagles will stinka nd we should win... Heck No. But that is anything but a guaranteed loss if you ask me.

April 20th, 2010, 7:00 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Wasn't supposed to be released till 7:00 PM EST today. AKA NOW!

April 20th, 2010, 7:04 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I think the Lions will win 4 games this year, based on the current make up of the team. Lets wait and see how the draft shapes this roster and also how well Schwartz can get these guys to play together. If there truly is a turnaround going here the Lions will need to win some tough games. They may not be 8-8, but they need to beat Philly or NYG. They need to take one game from the Packers or the Vikings. If they do that it'll show what kind of team they are as well as what kind of coach Schwartz is.

April 21st, 2010, 9:23 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Yup, the first 6 weeks will be telling for the team. And I think its better to be playing the better teams, then playing against the scrubs with losing records. Sure it might make things easier to look respectable, but if you've ever played competitive sports, you only get better by playing better opponents. Its hard to grow when you play weaker teams because you end up playing down to your opponent.

Our secondary is going to be tested, but if they pass and we can get pressure on the QB, we'll be ok. Not one of those 6 games do I think its a question of if we can score, its a question of if we can stop them. And I think our defense is in better shape this year than last.

Sunday, Sept. 12 -- at Chicago - Martz offense is going to leave Cutler exposed. How much did our pass rush improve will make or break this game.
Sunday, Sept. 19 -- Philadelphia - Kolb isn't Mcnabb, so Gunther can bring pressure and cause turnovers. 2 Starts under his belt makes this a winnable game. And we know Sim's weaknesses so I think we'll run at him all day.
Sunday, Sept. 26 -- at Minnesota - We always play them tight, and with more pressure on the defensive side, its not impossible to win.
Sunday, Oct. 3 -- at Green Bay - How much did they increase the OL? Pass rush could make for record sack day. Again how much we increased the secondary will show in this game.
Sunday, Oct. 10 -- St. Louis - I don't think they've done much this offseason to improve over worst team in the league.
Sunday, Oct. 17 -- at N.Y. Giants - OL isn't what it was, and the defense is lacking, so its winnable. I might actually make this game.

Last season I would have been worried looking at this schedule, but I think the challenge is something that can push this team. We'll see though.

April 21st, 2010, 10:00 am
Red Shirt Freshman

Sunday, Sept. 12 -- at ChicagoWinnable
Sunday, Sept. 19 -- PhiladelphiaWinnable
Sunday, Oct. 10 -- St. LouisWinnable
Sunday, Oct. 1 7 -- at N.Y. Giants
BYE
Sunday, Oct. 31 -- WashingtonWinnable
Sunday, Nov. 14 -- at BuffaloWinnable
Sunday, Dec. 5 -- ChicagoWinnable
Sunday, Dec. 12 -- Green BayWinnable
Sunday, Dec. 19 -- at Tampa BayWinnable
Sunday, Dec. 26 -- at MiamiWinnable
Sunday, Jan. 2 -- Minnesota Winnable

This doesn't mean I think they will win 10 games, I see 10 winnable games on their schedule. A lot is going to depend on Staffords progress. If he progresses I can see the Lions winning 6-7 games. If he regresses I see the Lions winning 3-4 games. My pre draft prediction for wins will be 6. I think we will be competitive in almost every game this year.

April 21st, 2010, 10:15 am
Rookie Player of the Year

It's waaay too early for me to give up on this team(It's hilarious seeing some of you spaz out at the mention other teams. I hope the players are more confident some of us). But I think if we steal the first game of the season, it'll be very encouraging because I can see us beating Philly for sure. We'll likely lose to the Vikes and Packers but I think if we play to our potential, we can atleast enter the bye week at 3-3. Even 2-4 would'nt be so bad. The only think that worries me about CHI is Julius Peppers and Agunleyae*.

I have very high expectations for the draft especially because of the insight Schwartz may have gained from the senior bowl. If we can plug in 4 starters and get a couple depth guys, we can be competitive. Our running game will be a major tipping point if we can it get it goin

April 21st, 2010, 10:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next