View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 2nd, 2014, 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 How would you grade the Lions Draft? 

HOw would you grade the lions draft?
A+ COuldn't do better 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
A-B Above Average exept for one draft pick 67%  67%  [ 18 ]
C Average at best 26%  26%  [ 7 ]
D Way below Average 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 27

How would you grade the Lions Draft? 
Bubbles the Lion

Post How would you grade the Lions Draft?
HOw would you grade the Lions draft? I personally think the had an above average draft

April 25th, 2005, 1:36 pm
RIP Killer

I said average because of their failure to get a speed rusher and better depth at safety. Wilson was a wasted third round pick, it should have been Justin Tuck. Shaun Cody was a good value (not great) pick but using a fourth rounder to trade up and get a player who will be part of a rotation wasn't that great a move, especially with Matt Roth still being on the board. Orlovsky is a great kid, but I think they should have jumped on Adrian McPherson. Swancutt was a value pick, but with our tight end needs we could have taken Joel Dreesen. I feel he will become a pretty good tight end. He could have even been considered to play fullback as well. Goddard has plenty of speed, but there were players on the board (Shazor and Butler) that have a better chance of making the roster than Jonathon. I think the Lions draft went pretty poorly after round two.

April 26th, 2005, 3:41 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

"Wilson was a wasted third round pick, it should have been Justin Tuck[quote]"

mike, i was screaming when that pick was wilson and not tuck -agreed

April 26th, 2005, 4:58 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Truth be told a draft can't be evaluated for several years while you wait for prospects to develop. That being said, I feel the Lions had a very good draft. Williams and Cody can contribute immediately and Wilson just adds depth to an oft-injured secondary. plus he's 6 ft. and runs a 4.3 forty. Cody was a much better pick than Roth. He is bigger, stronger and just as fast and can play both end and tackle. Saw the QB win the Motor City bowl, he has potential. Saw Swancutt play in the Senior bowl, believe he was defensive MVP, Roth played in that game as well. Don't know much about Goddard and would have liked the team to grab a TE with that last pick.

April 26th, 2005, 8:09 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

You guys ought to check your topics before you duplicate one. :?

"Grade the Draft"

April 27th, 2005, 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Some guys are posting while someone else is posting, so they don't necessarily see when another thread is posted under a similar topic (Bill Swancutt, URFA, etc).

April 27th, 2005, 7:44 pm
Pro Bowl Player

When I took into consideration there number 5 pick this year contributed to Kevin Jones, there number 7 pick contributed to Kyle Kosier, and there number 4 pick help seal Shaun Cody I give it an A plus. Mike WIlliams made me feel content about our WIdeouts, considering the injury factor. Shaun Cody will more than likely take over for big daddy(not this season) and contribute for years. After reading up on stanley wilson I can see an upside, and him even becoming a dime corner some day with some work. Bill Swancutt will contribute from day one, which cant be said for many sixth round DE's. Im still a little curious as to what the lions plan to do with there last pick in Goddard? He isnt a OLB! I know I speak for the Minority but I like how Millen continues to pull things off 3some.gif We have the best Wideout combo in the league!

Go Lions! =D> hello2.gif notworthy.gif headbang.gif

April 28th, 2005, 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

We have the best Wideout combo in the league!

Not so fast. That title is Indy's to lose. While I agree that it will be a very dangerous and exciting combo, consider...

We have a rookie who is unproven at this level, a third year player who has only played in 5 regular season games, and a second year player who was injuried for part of last season.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I just playing a little devils advocate and a little cold hard facts.

April 28th, 2005, 7:48 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Quote:
We have the best Wideout combo in the league!

Not so fast. That title is Indy's to lose. While I agree that it will be a very dangerous and exciting combo, consider...

We have a rookie who is unproven at this level, a third year player who has only played in 5 regular season games, and a second year player who was injuried for part of last season.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I just playing a little devils advocate and a little cold hard facts.

I whole heartedly agree with you. Our trio may have more potential than anyone else's top three, but Harrison-Wayne-Stokely still have the title and may not lose it given that they have a much better passer throwing to them.

April 28th, 2005, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

...but Harrison-Wayne-Stokely still have the title and may not lose it given that they have a much better passer throwing to them.

No matter how well Joey plays, that's an understatement.

April 28th, 2005, 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]