View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 6:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 LIONS UPDATED DEPTH CHART FOR 2005 
RIP Killer

HB, you only have 3 safeties and you have 4 alotted. Is the 4 included in your 53 man roster or are the 3 you listed included in that total?

I do think the Lions should carry more receivers...Receivers and DBs. Both positions you can alternate and keep guys fresh, especially with the DBs. I think rotating in Keith Smith with Bly/Bryant would help keep them healthy and at full strength.

I don't like having Drummond listed as a receiver because I wouldn't want to risk him getting hurt playing as a wideout, I think he should stick to being the return man. Was he listed as the 5th receiver last year?

Also, I think Donte Curry would make the team as a SSOLB over Goddard. Curry's got more experience and knows the position better than Goddard who's never played OLB.

April 28th, 2005, 7:54 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't like having Drummond listed as a receiver because I wouldn't want to risk him getting hurt playing as a wideout, I think he should stick to being the return man. Was he listed as the 5th receiver last year?

Not to answer for someone else who is smarter than I am :lol: , but he was listed at reciever last year. Where else would you put him on the depth chart? He hardly ever played at WR last year. He didn't have a recption. There is no offical position for KR I think.

April 28th, 2005, 8:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I know he's listed as a receiver, and usually never plays there, but they could be force to put him there due to injuries.

There is an official position for a KR/PR.

All I was saying is that I don't think they should list him at WR unless they actually play him there. Before, Drummond would have been better than some of those shmoes they had deep on the WR list, but now, they aren't hurting for WRs. They shouldn't "fill" a roster spot by putting him at WR unless they plan on using him. My point is, and I agree with Mike, they need 6 receivers. In the lineup below, they would have better depth with Vines/Kircus and then a URFA if someone were to get injured rather than have Drummond just "fill" a spot.

BMW
CRog
Roy
KJII
Vines/Kircus
URFA

April 28th, 2005, 8:36 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

There is an official position for a KR/PR.

If there is, I can't find one on NFL.com.

I don't consider listing Eddie at WR is filling a roster spot because he is going to be on the roster anyway. Millen knows that Eddie isn't a great reciever, and isn't going to put pressure on his corps by putting a nonentity there. If there so many injuries that Drummond has to be a WR, we won't have much of a team anyway, it won't matter wheter or not Eddie gets injured.

This is a pretty hypertechnical discussion, my head is exploding. :x

April 28th, 2005, 8:53 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Why do you guys have 'Tose in front of Bryson? Bryson is better and is used more than 'Tose is IMO.

I don't. Look at my original depth chart in the thread. Bryson is the third down back for this team.

April 28th, 2005, 10:49 am
NFL Veteran

A little clarification. The numbers I supply for each position is something I worked on before the draft. Obviously, the way they drafted kind of altered how you would try to fit the best players on the team.

For example convo, cutting Marion and only carrying three safeties is one way to make room for a guy we scratch our heads over in Goddard.

April 28th, 2005, 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The chart shown in the link you provided is what the Lions had at the end of the season. At the beginning of the year the Lions were carrying only 51 total players, with 5 WR, 3 TE, 8 OL, 9 DL, 7 LB, 5 CB, 4 S, 3 QB, 2 FB, 3 RB, 1 K, 1 P. Jody Littleton was among the linebackers, even though he was the long snapper. Brian Walker was on IR. Boss was injured and I don't have him counted here, even though technically he would be included on the roster. When CRog went down the Lions went out and signed Reggie Swinton and brought up David Kircus fromt he PS. When Porcher retired they were able to add another corner. When they released TE John Owens, they brought in Scottie Vines off the PS.

April 28th, 2005, 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2