View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 6:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Shaun Cody Q & A 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Shaun Cody Q & A
Quote:
What does it mean to be picked by the Lions, especially since they moved up to pick you?
They were committed to me and I knew that they wanted me. I took my last trip up there and I could tell that I would definitely like to go there. When I saw them coming up, I was hoping and praying that I could get there and fortunately they traded up. It just goes to show how much they wanted me and I wanted to be there, too.

Do you think they are going to use you at tackle or end? Probably both. They are going to look at me at both inside and outside, see what they feel is best for me. But I would definitely want to play next to big Shaun Rogers -- he is a beast and hopefully he'll pick up the block

I know you might not be happy being a second-round pick, but you have an immediate chance to start. How do you like that? Definitely, that is the goal and all four years of college have led up to playing with an NFL team. It is going to be great and I'm excited. It is going to be great to play defense. Nothing can take this away. I could have been a second-, third- or fourth-round pick, it really doesn't matter.

Are you glad that this process is over and you can focus on football? Definitely, it is all about football. I'm done running 40s and doing all of those measurements. I just want to put on my cleats and play football.

Is there anything you would like to say to the fans in the Motor City?
Watch out for Detroit!

I love it.

April 28th, 2005, 1:50 pm
Modmin Dude

April 28th, 2005, 4:52 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

This guy has a great attitude and work ethic. And he seems to be a natural leader, which is something we need in the locker room. Go Lions!

Tim

April 28th, 2005, 5:02 pm
RIP Killer

I wonder if he knows they wanted Brodney Pool over him. Oh well, I'm sure he wouldn't care and he's probably glad he was drafted where he was instead of falling like Darryl Blackstock who was projected by many scouts to go in round 1. I think Cody and Big Baby will be the heart of this D.

April 28th, 2005, 7:00 pm
Site Admin

He seems like a great fit...IMO you can never have enough Shauns on the line :lol:

April 28th, 2005, 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I think he is coming to an ideal situation. I suspect that he will play mostly in passing situations to rush the passer opposite of Big Baby. In that capacity I think he could get a half dozen sacks. He has a great first step and it is a short hitch to the QB from that position. The key for his development will be how does he handle the running game? After all, he seems slated to replace Big Daddy next year.

April 28th, 2005, 8:31 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Cody and Rogers. Those guys would be the greatest tag team since The Road Warriors. 3-4 years from now, Cody will be known as the best pick of the Lions 2005 draft. He is a special athlete. qtank.gif

April 30th, 2005, 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]