View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Millen audio from the Jim Rome show today 
RIP Killer

Post Millen audio from the Jim Rome show today
http://www.mlive.com/lions/audio/index. ... dio06.html

in case anyone is interested...sounds pretty high on Joey still.

April 28th, 2005, 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He is very candid about his success, saying he obviously hadn't done a good job and how there is only one succesful football team a year.

He also said that he would be more disappointed in Joey if he would have been surrounded by more talent earlier.

April 28th, 2005, 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I loved his Harrington-Favre analogy. For those of you who will not listen it went like this. The reason some teammates and fans are upset with Harrington is not because he is not a man's man, but because he has not won. Favre was not Favre until he became consistent. Favre was always the gunslinger, but teammates and coaches were near the breaking point until he found his consistency. Harrington will never be Favre, but he will be loved if he finds that consistency and there by makes the Lions succesful.

BTW, what is this fetish with Harrington. Really some people! :wink:

April 28th, 2005, 8:36 pm
Site Admin

Look, I can honestly say I have never been high on Joey. That being said I actually think he will do fine now. He has a team around him and I think he will be good enough to take us where we need to go. He has improved slowly but still improved. He is tough in the durable sense and has shown signs of brilliance. It amazes me that on the occasions he goes downfield he has better success than in the short yardage game. I think Tollner should help this and Mooch was merely calling tight games to keep our team in the game. I think the moves they have made now will change that play not-to-lose attitude. I think when Joey grew his beard and 'didn't care' and was sick of losing he was at his best. They need to encourage him to play more losely and stop trying to out think the game.

He has the skills and abilities and he can take a hit or 10 without getting sidelined. He even showed he can run a bit this year. He also has the tools. I am not going to spend this season waiting for him to fail but hopping he has finally found his rythem. I really believe although I was a big pro-mike guy that Joey is going to excel if the coaches allow him to 'spread his wings'(save your maxy pad jokes please :shock: ).

Put that in your pipe and smoke it :smoke:

April 28th, 2005, 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Not to stereo-type, but all the Joey "bashers" tend to forget one thing. Joey had a 141 QB rating against the giants. I am sorry, but you cannot get a 141 QB rating on luck. He obviously has the capacity to excell. Also, equally obvious, he is a long way from discovering his consistency.

April 28th, 2005, 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]