View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Which Rookie Receiver Will Have the Greatest Impact? 

Which rookie WR will have the greatest impact in their first campaign?
A. Braylan Edwards 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
B. Williamson 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
C. Big Mike Williams 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
D. Matt Jones 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
E. Mark Clayton 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 22

Which Rookie Receiver Will Have the Greatest Impact? 
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Post Which Rookie Receiver Will Have the Greatest Impact?
Typically, it takes wide receivers three years to reach their peak potential. Up until three years ago that was a pretty firm rule, that reflected the complexity of NFL offenses. There were notable exceptions like Randy Moss, who were simply so talented that they could produce even with less than complete mastery of the passing offense. Looking at this year's pretty illustrious class that includes three top ten picks and the draft's best athlete in Matt Jones, who will have the most productive season?

April 28th, 2005, 8:27 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Braylon Edwards hands down, just because of the fact we have a lot more options then just "BIG" Mike Williams, Browns just have Braylon and Kellen Winslow II... and Braylon is better then Mike IMHO...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 29th, 2005, 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

Who is Cleveland's QB though? A bad line and a fill in QB is not a recipe for excellence.

April 29th, 2005, 11:38 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The phrase 'Scilt ende Vrient' was taken from a famous prayer used to beg God for
assistance in battle. It literally means 'Shield and Friend'.

Yorick... I wondered what your qoute meant.. this is the closest translation I could find... What is it for

brave.gif

April 30th, 2005, 1:09 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Who is Cleveland's QB though? A bad line and a fill in QB is not a recipe for excellence.

Trent Dilfer to be the next QB run out of Cleveland?

April 30th, 2005, 1:11 am

It was the battle cry adopted in the Matins de Bruges. It is impossible for french people to pronounce.

April 30th, 2005, 7:41 am
Junior Varsity

This poll can be compared to another post asking for opinions on BMW's "effect". Thus, when you measure one's impact, are you simply measuring by that player's individual stats? As I suggested in the aformentioned post, one's "effect" or "impact" can be measured by more, i.e. forcing a defense to play differently, opening up the running game. That being said, I think BMW will have the biggest "impact" even if his individual numbers are less than another's. The true measure of one's "impact" is his contribution to wins, the only stat that matters.

April 30th, 2005, 5:42 pm

Excellent reasoning N8. The question did seem to be skewed unnecessarily towards a brute statistic, but one could flush out a more aggregate measure like year over end offensive production differential? Of course if Harrington throws 30 TDs who is to say it is the BMW effect or the RDM factor? :lol:

But, I digress. Thinking through out I too believe that Williams could have a big effect. I my main reasoning for believing so is that I think he is a red zone threat from day one. If he can give us some third downs, than our offense will be dangerous.

April 30th, 2005, 7:31 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I also agree with N8's reasoning about the more "intangible" impact of BMW. However, I believe Williamson will have the most "tangible" impact given the fact that he will probably be the #1 receiver with a pro-bowl quarterback throwing to him. I think the Ravens made a great pick with Clayton, but his hands mean nothing if he is forced to catch bounce passes from Boller.

May 3rd, 2005, 10:38 am

I have my doubts about Williamson. He is not that polished. He did not operate in a complex offense. Will he be able to grasp the nuances or are his physical abilities such that he can excell without mastering them. I doubt it. Although he has elite speed, I wonder if he is physical enough to stop the jam. I think he can be frustrated and minimized during his rookie year. Going to a set offense with a good cast does help his cause, but I doubt he will be the top rookie performer.

May 3rd, 2005, 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]