View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 12:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NFL Pre Preseason Power Ranking 
Peewee Leaguer

Hey I love the Lions more than anyone. Last year they should have beat Tennessee on paper to end the season and couldn't. I know that we have had a good off-season and the Titans haven't, but until those outside of Michigan see some success on the field they are not going to give the Lions a break. We have disappointed too many times since 1957.

I am 35, and even though during my life the Lions have "bit the dust" more than their opponents have, I am forever a loyal fan. For some strange reason, I still believe that I will see the Lions in the Super Bowl in my lifetime.

May 3rd, 2005, 3:14 pm
QB Coach

Brian wrote:
...Green Bay Packers 15/1 ...
...Detroit Lions 50/1 ...

?

What am I not getting here?!

I can see Minnesota having a good year - but how do they see Green Bay better than the Vikings or Lions? I don't get it!

What has Green Bay done the past 3 years that no other team in this division has done?

Won it.

And they return their skill position players on offense, as well as on defense, all but one starter.

May 3rd, 2005, 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

What has Green Bay done the past 3 years that no other team in this division has done?

Won it.

And they return their skill position players on offense, as well as on defense, all but one starter.

You're right...

But you're giving me a headache behind my left eye. =P~

I'm tired of the Cheeseheads winning the division.

May 4th, 2005, 6:18 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Won it.

But you can't believe they'll win the division this year if both Walker and Franks holdout. Granted, that's probably one of those far fetched ideas, but that's where they're heading now. IF Walker and Franks holdout, Favre could be in trouble. I know he'll make it work with Donald Driver and possibly Terrnace Murphy...but his chances would be slim to break 3500. Just imagine what would happen to their D if Nick Barnett went down early...their LB corps would be shot.

May 4th, 2005, 7:44 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Ancient history Brian! Things change quickly. I remember when the Pack could not win to save their life. I just do not see how Green Bay's defense can hold us to under 30 points a game. Their offense has major question marks. Not only are they screwed if Favre, Green, or Walker goes down. The secret ingredient of their success, their O-line lost two valuable starters who signed 6 million dollar deals. Without an O-Line the effectiveness of the big three and their susceptibility to injury increases dramatically. Realistically, on paper at least, they do not figure to win more than 5 games. Of course last year I though they would be 8-8, but that might have been their last hurrah. On defense they have almost nothing, and if the offense can not do heroics like last year they will suffer many lopsided losses.

May 4th, 2005, 12:20 pm
QB Coach

Favre has for years made a living of finding below average wideouts and making them into supposed great players. I'm not going to worry about his targets until he proves me otherwise.

As for the Holdouts, it's May. We are a long way from the season. I really don't think that they will both be holding out come preseason. It just isn't logical for either athlete to do.

Quote:
I just do not see how Green Bay's defense can hold us to under 30 points a game.

I don't see how an offense headed by Joey Harrington can score over 30 points. We didn't do it once last season, and once in 2003 (against the Arizona Cardinals...under Dave McGinnis... not a big accomplishment.

That said, this team is still young... and if they magically mature quickly, learn to trust each other, then I could see things changing.

Quote:
Realistically, on paper at least, they do not figure to win more than 5 games.

I'd be willing to do a sig bet on that...

May 4th, 2005, 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Favre has for years made a living of finding below average wideouts and making them into supposed great players. I'm not going to worry about his targets until he proves me otherwise

*Cough* Schroeder *Cough* :cry:

May 4th, 2005, 11:04 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I wouldn't bet against Favre, because in my opinion he has been pulling them to 8-8 and 9-7 when they were only a 5 or 6 win team. This year will be his hardest test yet. On paper, realistically, I would say their roster merits 5 wins, but Favre has been to consistently stellar for me to bet against him.

I would bet that the Lions will average better than 27 points/game against the Packers this year.

May 5th, 2005, 4:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2