View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WHICH LION WOULD YOU TAKE?????? 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

That block and great return by Bracy Walker gave us a win, no question. If he made plays like that more often than he would be a Pro Bowler. Of course, attracting a double team, like I said, he get assists from other people. I am not knocking, Rogers, but RW is so special, no one comes close. If he stays healthy he could finish second to Rice in the record books, and along the way he would make more jaw popping plays than him.

May 1st, 2005, 9:21 pm
Pro Bowl Player

RW is so special, no one comes close. If he stays healthy he could finish second to Rice in the record books, and along the way he would make more jaw popping plays than him.

I heard R.WIlliams had his most spectacular catch so far on Saturday... I hope they show it somewhere.... from what I read about it, It had to be jaw dropping!

May 1st, 2005, 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

Quote:
Quote:
If he made plays like that more often than he would be a Pro Bowler.

again, what?

he is a pro-bowler in fact he was the starting d'lineman alongside la'roi glover in last year's pro-bowl game.

roy williams is a great choice.
kevin jones is a great choice.

any of the above players can be argued but making statements that big baby isn't a playmaker or a pro-bowler, well it just questions the statement in general.

May 2nd, 2005, 11:18 am

I thought Rogers was a PB alternate last year, perhaps I am mistaken. I believe my argument remains valid if you accept my assumptions. The original question refers to who you would take to start a franchise. My choice is Roy Williams. The reason for my selection is because I believe that he exhibits a quality that I privately refer to as "genius". In addition to his top shelf physical talents he is able to make those highlight plays because his brain makes time stand still. This is a very rare ability exhibited in players like Ted Williams and Michael Jordan that enabled them to achieve unsurpassed results. If my evaluation is correct, Roy Williams is not only a Barry Sanders' type freak, but a once in a generation type player.

No one is knocking Shaun Rogers, and everyone is heartened by his improvement, but I would not rate him with the all time defensive greats like Butkus, Green, or Nitschke who dominated their era. For one thing, they were on great teams and not on defense that croaked in the fourth quarter. I would have to see far more game breaking plays from him before I would take him over Roy Williams, who I see in the near future have a larger impact on his teammates, being more feared by the opponent, and capable of making game breaking plays on a regular basis.

Those of a dissenting opinion are encouraged to express them

:D

May 2nd, 2005, 12:15 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

"No one is knocking Shaun Rogers, and everyone is heartened by his improvement, but I would not rate him with the all time defensive greats like Butkus, Green, or Nitschke who dominated their era".

understand, i'm not a lion homer but to compare rogers(only played since 2001) to those players is unfair to say the least and i believe that he is the best in the league even better than chris jenkins or kevin williams.
bill parcells stated that shaun rogers is the best defensive tackle in the league. now that's a compliment. tony dungy agreed.

roy is a beast. all i'm saying is address roy as the player you'd like to start the lions franchise with (very good choice) but don't say rogers isn't a play-maker or a pro-bowler when it's quite to the contrary.

Last edited by 2005lion on May 2nd, 2005, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2005, 12:56 pm
RIP Killer

Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers
Kevin "KJ" Jones
Roy "The Legend" Williams

Do we have any other players deserving nicknames? We got Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson... Joey "Ballgame" Harrington (LOL)... Charles "Chuck" Rogers (is that a nickname?)

Oh... I forgot David "Circus" Kircus... new_rofl.gif

I thought Joey's nickname was 'Blueskies'?

How about this nickname: Bracy 'I'm so old somebody get me a' Walker.

And let us not forget that 'Boss' is a nickname.

May 2nd, 2005, 1:03 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

charles "china doll" rogers

teddy "bear" lehman

james "dirty" davis

May 2nd, 2005, 1:06 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

charles "china doll" rogers

or

Charles "the stick" Rogers
Charles "the twig" Rogers
Charles "candy glass" Rogers

May 2nd, 2005, 1:16 pm
Varsity Captain

I think the guy has a lot more potential than most give him credit for. I personally think he'll develope into a solid starting QB. Matt Hasselbeck isn't great, he just has a good set of players around him. If Orlovsky can be taught to be more mobile, which I think he can, and get his accuracy down, he'll be a good QB in the future.

I said it before the draft and Ill continue to say it till after Orlovsky proves me wrong(which he wont), he is goin to be a solid QB just like you say conversion. I live in CT and got to see Orlovsky play numerous times over the past few years and know he is a good player, he put up very impressive numbers considering his recievers could be labled as mediocre at best. As to his ability to throw on the run, Ive seen him do it plenty of times, hes no vick or mcnab when it comes to throwing on the run but he is no slouch. The biggest knock on him his he can be erratic at times. Work on his mechanics and in a few years I think hes goin to be good.

May 2nd, 2005, 2:16 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

yorick, you are right about one thing though -
roy williams catch was simply amazing i hope it's just a preview to come.

May 2nd, 2005, 2:39 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I would have to pick Shaun Rogers as well, he's just a damn good DT, and I think he will be the best when its his time to retire...

Michael Huff for DROY

May 2nd, 2005, 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

Some of you are not factoring in career longevity. RBs average less than 7 years, and DTs take a beating and go down hill after 30. The great receivers play into their 40s.

May 2nd, 2005, 6:49 pm

tell that to reggie white, bruce smith and ted washington
tell that to emmit smith, marcus allen, and curtis martin
tell that herman moore, sterling sharpe and michael irvin

May 2nd, 2005, 9:06 pm
RIP Killer

tell that to reggie white, bruce smith and ted washington
tell that to emmit smith, marcus allen, and curtis martin
tell that herman moore, sterling sharpe and michael irvin

On the average...

May 2nd, 2005, 9:10 pm
National Champion

I agree with Yorick: I'd take Roy Williams, but only because he's younger. If you're building a new franchise from scratch, your ideal player will be as young as possible.

May 2nd, 2005, 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next