View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Crog's real weight 
RIP Killer

Post Crog's real weight
The News
Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers missed all but three plays of the 2004 season because of a broken clavicle. However, he used his time off to add approximately 18 pounds of muscle and is ready to play again, reports the team's website. "It felt great [to be back on Friday]. It's kind of hard to put in words; but when you play football for your whole life ? getting back out on the field, you're just doing something you love and just having fun," Rogers said to the site. "It's kind of hard for me to put into words...but it was beautiful."
Our View
While Charles may think minicamp is beautiful, fantasy owners will think it is beautiful if he can play an entire regular season for once. The added strength may help in preventing future injuries, but he now has to concern himself with beating out Mike Williams and keeping his spot in the team's starting lineup.[/i]

April 30th, 2005, 10:32 am
Pro Bowl Player

Quote:
Rogers, who added approximately 18 pounds of muscle during the off-season, was thrilled to be competing again with his teammates.

But Charles Rogers said
Quote:
: ?Yeah, I?ve (added) some weight. I think I added about eight pounds since last year. The reason why I added some weight was because I feel like I had to get adjusted ? when things don?t go right, you just try something different. I think the weight is holding up pretty good. My speed is still there so I think it was more beneficial for me. As I get older, this will be my third year in the (NFL), I think my body is maturing into a more complete physique.?

:roll: just me or do I smell conspiracy bs.gif

April 30th, 2005, 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I heard that Crog added 8 pounds as well. I think that the Lions are worried about his health and thats why Williams was drafted.

April 30th, 2005, 6:42 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I am of the belief that much of Charles' weight right now is water, or water weight. I think it is a masking agent for his balsa bones.

April 30th, 2005, 7:25 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I think they made him drink 18 pounds of Milk! \:D/ (milk makes bones stronger)

seriously though that is a big difference 18 pounds and 8... why the misleading rhetoric? The funniest thing about it is there both brand new stories on the Lions OFFICIAL Site

www.detroitlions.com/document_display.c ... _id=415863
Charles Rogers Qoute

www.detroitlions.com/document_display.c ... _id=415830
8th and 9th paragraph coaches qoutes

lurk.gif read2.gif

April 30th, 2005, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

I read somewhere also that Charles "the stick" Rogers gained 8 lbs. But after getting back into shape he expects to lose about 6 lbs of it. :roll:
Which would change his nickname to Charles "the twig" Rogers :wink:

May 2nd, 2005, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

Killer said CRog is a solid 218 at training camp, which would mean a 16 pound gain.

May 2nd, 2005, 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]