View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Interesting fact I believe deserves it's own thread 
Walk On

Post Interesting fact I believe deserves it's own thread
I heard somewhere that, assuming the latest cap was the one to be implemented, the Lions are ~55 million under it.

Thoughts?

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

January 15th, 2011, 4:27 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Interesting fact I believe deserves it's own thread
We have a lot of people to resign who won't be cheap. That doesn't seem impossible.

January 15th, 2011, 12:47 pm
League MVP

Can someone please verify or can you at least give us your source? the last salary cap was 128 million in 2009 so I guess its possible but 55 million would be amazing. Is Julian Peterson's -8 million included on that?

If its anywhere near true its a great sign but probably doesnt take into account us needing to re-sign some of our own free agents. Cliff Avril will probably command 6-7 mill (KVB got 4/26 last year, was older but had a better track record). Chris Houston will prob need 4 mill/yr. Im betting the Lions will want to bring back Turk McBride and Corey Hilliard both 25 will prob get 1-2 million range. lets say that costs us 15 million total. That leaves 40 million for the draft and FA? Pretty incredible possibilities if true, Asomoghu, maybe a veteran back, a 3rd back, some backers, peyton manning and a partrige and a pear tree

January 15th, 2011, 12:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

thegodjr wrote:
I heard somewhere that, assuming the latest cap was the one to be implemented, the Lions are ~55 million under it.

Thoughts?

Yeah. But, other teams like the Bucs and Carolina are about 100 Mil under that cap.

And with all the top 10 draft picks on the Lions, if we are that far under that cap, then most likely the rest of the NFL is also.

January 15th, 2011, 1:06 pm
Walk On

The Legend wrote:
Can someone please verify or can you at least give us your source? the last salary cap was 128 million in 2009 so I guess its possible but 55 million would be amazing. Is Julian Peterson's -8 million included on that?

If its anywhere near true its a great sign but probably doesnt take into account us needing to re-sign some of our own free agents. Cliff Avril will probably command 6-7 mill (KVB got 4/26 last year, was older but had a better track record). Chris Houston will prob need 4 mill/yr. Im betting the Lions will want to bring back Turk McBride and Corey Hilliard both 25 will prob get 1-2 million range. lets say that costs us 15 million total. That leaves 40 million for the draft and FA? Pretty incredible possibilities if true, Asomoghu, maybe a veteran back, a 3rd back, some backers, peyton manning and a partrige and a pear tree

I heard some friends saying they heard it on the radio, I would like to see some verification as well. If it's true, we will be heavy players this offseason

BillySims- we only have 3 top ten (top two actually lol) picks still on the team, so it's not too bad. At least this year we have one of the greatest value spots in the draft :cheers:

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

January 15th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I was looking at Lion contracts a week ago and came up with approximately $117M commited for 2011. Keep in mind that I had to guess at some things since contract info is becoming even more difficult to come by, but I believe that I'm close. But, out of that money, I added $7.5M for RFA tenders and $12.5M for NLTBE incentives for Suh, Best, and CJ, which will be treated as a negative cap adjustment. I also didn't include the $11.2M likely to be saved if and when Julian Peterson and Bryant Johnson are released.

January 16th, 2011, 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]