View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Killer's Highlight Reel 4/30 
RIP Killer

Post Killer's Highlight Reel 4/30
TWITKB Notes - Minicamp thoughts
On the first two days of minicamp, Tom Kowalski hit the forum to give daily updates on what went down as well as to answer a few questions.

4.30 - TomKowalski: The Williams catch ... during the afternoon session, roy williams made the most amazing catch i've ever seen ... it tops anything he's done before ... wait, the antonio freeman catch on monday night was better ... this was second ...

williams was running a fly route up the left sideline and dre bly had such tight coverage, he actually got position ahead of williams and was ready to make the interception ... williams lifted his right hand, plucked the ball out of the air, brought it behind his back -- where he got both hands on it -- then, without breaking stride, shifted the ball in front of him and raced into the end zone ...

unbelievable ... the players went nuts and the coaches couldn't stop smiling ...

there will be a few more details in sunday's paper ...

4.30 - TomKowalski A few things ... butler continued to work with the first team saturday morning ... v. rogers took snaps with the backups at both tackles spots ... kosier played mostly guard (by the way, it's pronounced kosar, as in bernie) ... garcia didn't have a great day throwing the ball ... by comparison, harrington looks much, much sharper ... the top receivers and tight ends are catching everything in sight ... kevin johnson, with a cornerback all over him, made a nice one-handed catch on a 40-yard pass down the right sideline. ... i'm not going to get specific but you're going to see some significant changes in the lions offense, especially when it comes to shifting and motion ... fernando bryant has looked sharp ... it looks like bailey and lewis will be the nickel backers ... charles rogers got in a lot more snaps today and mooch told him the red jersey will come off when he feels more comfortable getting banged around (i wouldn't be surprised to see rogers wear the red jersey for the first few days of training camp) ...

4.30 - uBnice: Kelly Butler - RT .. I understand that the guy is very, very good. Agile, mobile, and *hostile*. His only problem may be upstairs, the gray matter between his ears. He is a smart kid, but he can be quick to anger. I hope the young man can keep it together and help this team to a winning season.
TomKowalski: My understanding ... i believe victor rogers will be the starting right tackle in today's drills ... they're going to alternate, but i don't think it's any secret the lions believe butler has the ability to win the job ...

4.29 - TomKowalski: you're going to be a disappointed because there really wasn't much going on during the morning workout ...

roy williams made some great catches ... charles rogers was held out of team drills, but that was their plan, to work him back in slowly ... talked to him after practice and he made it clear he doesn't want to hear -- and answer -- the same questions he went through last year ... don't blame him ... he said he just wants people to judge what he does on the field ... at quarterback, harrington looked very sharp on several plays ... there were also screwups by everybody, something you'd expect on the first day back in organized drills ...

they never ran a three-receiver set with williams, williams and rogers in there, but that's because it wasn't part of the installation package today ... they did line up once -- in seven-on-seven -- in four receivers (along with kevin johnson) ... they all ran vertical routes and harrington hit a deep pass to johnson down the right seam ... if you have any questions, i'll try to get to them as soon as i can ... but, again, nothing earth shattering today ...

4.28 - foorp: We all know that Charles Rogers has an option to pay him $29 million if he is in involved in a minimum of 35% on offense in one of his first three seasons. Obviously years 1 and 2 were a wash, so this is his final year to achieve that incentive.

My three questions are:

1.)With the addition of BMW, does that effect Rogers chances of actually being involved in the minimum 35% of the plays that much?

2.)Is there any chance that drafting Williams was a move to avoid paying Rogers that bonus by limiting his playing time?

3.)If Rogers does not achieve that 35%, and thus the Lions are not liable for the $29 Million, how does that effect the salary cap?

TomKowalski: if rogers is healthy, he'll have no problem reaching the 35 percent ... the lions obviously want him to do just that ... the $29 million is spread out through the reminder of his contract ... because of the way the contract is set up, those bonuses are re-amortized under the deion sanders rule ... it's very complicated, but the lions have a couple of more years before they'll be concerned about how much he'll strain the cap ...

4.29 - spendabuck1: Tom, is Drummond there? And is he healthy??
TomKowalski: Yes and yes ... they've got him in a red jersey, but he's fine ...

4.29 - AtlantaJeff: CRog's size Did Charles Rogers look much bigger to you?? Do you know how much weight he's added?
TomKowalski: He's a solid 218

4.29 - Rubicon: If the Lions are working Lehman in the middle and cross-training him on the strong side, and working only Davis and Lewis on the weakside, does that mean that our starting lineup at LB is likely to be Boss - Lehman - Davis?
TomKowalski: That's a possibility

4.29 - TomKowalski: Fellas, fellas, fellas ... it's one practice ... i can't answer questions about "how'd so-and-so look?'' ... it's going to take some time ...

4.29 - loveemhateem: Tom is Pritchett, retired? thanks
TomKowalski: Don't know, but he wasn't re-signed

May 1st, 2005, 4:42 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_di ... _id=416307

May 1st, 2005, 5:10 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_di ... _id=416099

May 1st, 2005, 5:12 pm
Pro Bowl Player

29 MILLION? whoa.. hopefully hes worth it! no more breaks

May 1st, 2005, 11:04 pm