View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Sportsline NFL Power Rankings 
RIP Killer

Post Sportsline NFL Power Rankings
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8441273

27) Detroit Lions
It's all on Joey Harrington. If he grows as a player, the Lions will be much improved. If Jeff Garcia is playing, they'll be out of it by November.

The only teams behind Detroit are:

28. Washington
29. Chicago
30. Miami
31. Cleveland
32. San Francisco

Brian's Cards came in at #20

May 5th, 2005, 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He also had N.O. at 12 :?

May 5th, 2005, 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Didn't Prisco write that? Prisco hates on the Lions all the time. Remember, he gave the BMW pick a D+. Prisco's a tool.

He also calls David Terrell a "key veteran."

Jags at 7? Panthers at 11? Jets at 14 with Pennington not returning until June at the earliest? Ha, not likely.

Cowboys will be much better than 21...I'm guessing they should be around 14 - assuming their offense AND defense can both gel as they have a lot of new faces all the way around.

I don't care if Steve McNair is still decent, he has to prove he can stay healthy and turn poop to gold before I rank the Titans any higher than 25!!! IMO, SF has a better chance of being #25 than Tennessee does!

May 5th, 2005, 6:28 pm
Junior Varsity

Prisco should have collaborated with Bubbles on these. Obviously, he doesn't have the time or interest to put much thought into his rankings.

I'll be hard convinced that Denver belongs in the top 20, let alone top 10. The G-Men are only a year away from pushing the Eagles? Maybe if McNabb and Owens shoot eachother in duel. I also find it hard to believe that Moss will improve Oakland enough to make them top 15 contenders. They still have Collins under center.

May 5th, 2005, 7:08 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I agree Bubbles' breakdown was far better than this "elite" national NFL writer.

May 5th, 2005, 8:17 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

If it is Prisco he's been hating on the Lions since Millen took over. Talks about how Millen should be fired every year.

May 6th, 2005, 12:47 am
Bubbles the Lion

This is such bull. What they arent taking into consideration is the number of key rookies that are starting for these teams. Dallas will have at least 3 to 4 rookies starting plus a QB that is in his first year in that Offense. They will be OK. Not great.

One of the reasons that Indy is so good, other than Manning, is that they have the same players (more or less) and the same coach and the same system in place ever since Manning was drafted.

Whereas we will probably not start one rookie. BMW will not start unless they come out in 3 wide. Cody wont unless he beats out Big Daddy. That is a big plus. Even though we have a new OC, it is still the same system just being made easier. That will help this team immensly. Hopefully Joey will be able to make his reads quicker plus the quality of players around him is better. The only new guys in this system are Johnson, BMW and Demulling. Kosier came from the niners where Tollner was. I dont think they are giving the Lions enough credit for that.

May 6th, 2005, 1:10 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

May 10th, 2005, 7:10 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Well just based on last season I would say we are closer to 20 then 27. And with C.Rogers, and Baily coming back, add in Mike Williams and Cody and a running game that should hit the ground running this season I truly believe we will be dueling with the Vikes for the division this season! That is until the normal Lions triage unit goes into action (No! No! No! No negative thinking this season)...

May 10th, 2005, 7:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]