View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Goddard Article 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Goddard Article
Hometown press reviews his story and feelings:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2005/May/06/MUcol1.htm

Assist to the mastersleuth LostinIA.

May 6th, 2005, 12:30 pm
Fair Weather Fan

I wonder where exactly they are planning on putting him. I would assume middle. I wasn't really big on this pick, I hope he proves me wrong.

May 9th, 2005, 9:40 am
Site Admin

I know people were geeked on Derrick Johnson but I have read about all the records DJ broke but Goddard was ahead of him in some catagories. He can't be a total stiff. I will see if I can find out what particular stats they were based upon.

May 9th, 2005, 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I just have one name for everyone : Chris Spielman. I know he wasn't the fastest or most athletic guy on the field, but he was just a fanatical FOOTBALL player! I think I see that in these 2 late round prospects that Millen picked up in Goddard and also Swancutt. I believe Swancutt will make an immediate impact on 3rd and passing downs. Unfortanately for Goddard, he is learning a new position that also happens to be one of the more stacked positions on the team. But I believe he can be an excellent special teams and practice squad contributor.

Tim

May 9th, 2005, 5:14 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Well, he can't do both at the same time, but I think he is a good develpmental prospect. Give him a couple years to adjust from Marshall, and he might be pretty good.

May 9th, 2005, 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I know there was a lot of sentiment for Pollack as well and these guys seem to fit that mold. Pollack is also projected by cincy as a LB and not a DE. Was that expected cause I was under the impression that the guys supporting him here were touting him as a DE. If thats the case I am happy we did not pick him up just like these other guys that are tweeners. I wonder if the Lions would have pushed him into the DE or switched him to a LB as well.

May 10th, 2005, 8:47 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I'm sure they would have put him at DE. He seems like that light on his feet, speed rushing DE that the Lions need. I think he would be a good fit at DE. However, Cinci's problem isn't their pass rushing DEs, but their run stopping DTs. Their DEs and DTs are terrible against the run. By getting bigger DTs and DEs, you can have freak LBs like Pollack blitzing and wrecking QBs days. Good choice for Cinci to put him at LB, would have been a bad choice for Detroit to put him at LB.

May 10th, 2005, 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]