View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 14th, 2017, 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 2011 Injury Thread 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
conversion02 wrote:
Seen less and less of A Brown. Was he even active last week?

A Brown didn't make the team. He was one of the final cuts.

September 28th, 2011, 10:02 pm
RIP Killer

Lol - brain fart

I guess that explains why I don't remember seeing him since week 4 of the PS

September 28th, 2011, 10:34 pm
RIP Killer

MLive wrote:
Detroit Lions sport a more complete roster at Thursday's practice

ALLEN PARK -- One day after nine Detroit Lions players sat out practice, the team looked much healthier Thursday morning during the 30 minutes of open practice the media is allowed to view the team.

Only four Lions players were not out of the field for stretching and individual drills. Linebacker Justin Durant (concussion), defensive tackle Nick Fairley (foot), offensive tackle Jason Fox (foot) and wide receiver Rashied Davis (foot) didn't join their teammates at practice.

Returning were safety Louis Delmas (abdomen), cornerback Aaron Berry (groin), safety John Wendling (knee), wide receiver Calvin Johnson (ankle) and defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch (rest).

The Lions will release the team's full injury report around 4 p.m., letting us know which players were full participants and who was limited.

September 29th, 2011, 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Hrmmm....I missed that Durant had a concussion. I hope he is alright, that is very concerning considering the position he plays, the fact people are 10X more likely to get a concussion again after getting their first one, and how the league is cracking down on concussions.

September 29th, 2011, 3:45 pm
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
Hrmmm....I missed that Durant had a concussion. I hope he is alright, that is very concerning considering the position he plays, the fact people are 10X more likely to get a concussion again after getting their first one, and how the league is cracking down on concussions.

I know they were going to run post-concussion testing on him today but haven't heard any outcomes as of yet.

September 29th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Pablo wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I know they were going to run post-concussion testing on him today but haven't heard any outcomes as of yet.

http://prod.www.lions.clubs.nfl.com/med ... 7f466b7ccb

In Schwartz interview he makes it sound like Durant is VERY doubtful for this week.

September 29th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

FootballPhreak wrote:
Pablo wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

In Schwartz interview he makes it sound like Durant is VERY doubtful for this week.

That's not how I interpreted his comment at all. Schwartz is notoriously non-committal about injuries and I didn't think this interview was any exception. Indeed it's possible that Durant won't play but I didn't sense the Schwartz was tipping his hand on that possibility.

September 29th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

mwill2 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Pablo wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

That's not how I interpreted his comment at all. Schwartz is notoriously non-committal about injuries and I didn't think this interview was any exception. Indeed it's possible that Durant won't play but I didn't sense the Schwartz was tipping his hand on that possibility.

I don't think he was trying to tip his hand, but he was being very adamant that they had other capable starters and that they were going to take an injury like a concussion slow.

September 29th, 2011, 8:44 pm
RIP Killer

I'm hearing Durant missed practice again today, not a good sign. I'm assuming the post-concussion testing were not very positive. Think Bobby Carpenter might want to have a big day against the team that drafted him in the first round?

September 30th, 2011, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Dez Bryant missed practice again for the boys.

September 30th, 2011, 12:13 pm
League MVP

Pablo wrote:
I'm hearing Durant missed practice again today, not a good sign. I'm assuming the post-concussion testing were not very positive. Think Bobby Carpenter might want to have a big day against the team that drafted him in the first round?

Thinking the same. I thought Carpenter did alright for us last year.

Sucks if Durant cant play, but I wont be too alarmed.

September 30th, 2011, 12:14 pm
National Champion

kdsberman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Maybe Houge will get some playing time. I'd like to see what that guy can do...

September 30th, 2011, 1:56 pm
RIP Killer

Hystrix wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Maybe Houge will get some playing time. I'd like to see what that guy can do...

With Ekejiuba on IR now, Durant likely to be inactive due to concussion, and the Lions haven't signed another LB this week, I'd say Hogue will see time as a special teamer in the very least.

September 30th, 2011, 2:07 pm
League MVP

Hogue....is he now #57?

September 30th, 2011, 2:13 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Hogue....is he now #57?

Yes. He and Durant swapped just before the regular season began.

September 30th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next