View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 21st, 2014, 4:17 pm



Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 2011 Injury Thread 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9452
Location: Dallas
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Heard Wright may have pulled a groin in practice this week. Hope he can play against his former team on Friday, could be looking at Berry and McDonald as the starting corners if both Wright and Houston are held out.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


August 15th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2005, 9:34 pm
Posts: 10293
Location: Sycamore, IL
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
i would rather see what Berry, McDonald, and Vasher can do. We know what Wright and Houston can do.

_________________
_____
I have no faith this team will win a game the rest of the year. The kitties finish at 7-9 and Miss the playoffs as GB wins out and takes it from the kitties.
Image


August 15th, 2011, 2:48 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain

Joined: January 27th, 2005, 9:12 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Midland, MI
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Anybody have any news about Tony Scheffler and his hand injury?


August 17th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2286
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Quote:
@TomLeyden
Tom Leyden
Report on #Lions TE Tony Scheffler - he cut the webbing between two fingers. Couple of stitches and he'll be good to go.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 17th, 2011, 11:04 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain

Joined: January 27th, 2005, 9:12 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Midland, MI
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
That's god news!


August 18th, 2011, 8:00 am
Profile
Varsity Captain

Joined: February 10th, 2011, 4:08 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Any news on titus young returning yet.2 weeks is along time for a simple hammy pull


August 18th, 2011, 10:25 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post I can handle getting hit by a car
PFT.com wrote:
Harrington: I played in Detroit, so I can handle getting hit by a car
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 18, 2011, 7:20 AM EDT

Image

Former Lions quarterback Joey Harrington was hospitalized two weeks ago when he got hit by an SUV while riding his bike. He’s now feeling better, and using the experience as an opportunity to make a joke about Detroit.

“I was laying in the ER. I’m in the neck brace on the board and just sayin, ‘Get me out of here,’” Harrington told KGW in Portland. “I kinda whispered to one of the trauma docs, ‘I played four years in Detroit. I can handle a car. Let’s get this thing moving.’”

The driver of the SUV was ticketed, and Harrington suffered a broken collarbone and punctured lung. But he says he’s feeling OK.

“I’m doing all right,” Harrington said. “Everything was contained to ribs and collarbone and lung, was all up in this area. It’s a pretty small portion of my body that’s hurting. But I can get around fine.”

Something he couldn’t always say behind the Lions’ offensive line.




LMAO!!!

_________________
Image


August 18th, 2011, 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2286
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
allenslions wrote:
Any news on titus young returning yet.2 weeks is along time for a simple hammy pull


As I said in the other thread, they said Spievey had 'muscle tightness' all training camp last year and now we find out he was super out of shape. I wonder if it's the same situation with TY.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


August 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: I can handle getting hit by a car
LionFan57 wrote:
PFT.com wrote:
Harrington: I played in Detroit, so I can handle getting hit by a car
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 18, 2011, 7:20 AM EDT

Image

Former Lions quarterback Joey Harrington was hospitalized two weeks ago when he got hit by an SUV while riding his bike. He’s now feeling better, and using the experience as an opportunity to make a joke about Detroit.

“I was laying in the ER. I’m in the neck brace on the board and just sayin, ‘Get me out of here,’” Harrington told KGW in Portland. “I kinda whispered to one of the trauma docs, ‘I played four years in Detroit. I can handle a car. Let’s get this thing moving.’”

The driver of the SUV was ticketed, and Harrington suffered a broken collarbone and punctured lung. But he says he’s feeling OK.

“I’m doing all right,” Harrington said. “Everything was contained to ribs and collarbone and lung, was all up in this area. It’s a pretty small portion of my body that’s hurting. But I can get around fine.”

Something he couldn’t always say behind the Lions’ offensive line.




LMAO!!!


I saw that too. Gotta respect Harrington for his sense of humor.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


August 18th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Randy Phillips out for the season?

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


August 18th, 2011, 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Ferris wrote:
Randy Phillips out for the season?


Yes in that the Lions waived him. I think players on the Waived/Injured list can come back to play for another team if healthy later in the season, not like IR. I could be wrong about that.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


August 18th, 2011, 3:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7374
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
mwill2 wrote:
Ferris wrote:
Randy Phillips out for the season?


Yes in that the Lions waived him. I think players on the Waived/Injured list can come back to play for another team if healthy later in the season, not like IR. I could be wrong about that.


You are correct. Being waived is not a season ender. UNLESS, no-one picks you up. LOL.


August 19th, 2011, 9:24 am
Profile
NFL Team Captain

Joined: January 27th, 2005, 9:12 pm
Posts: 1610
Location: Midland, MI
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
WTF is wrong with Best? They took him out and they trainer to him to the locker room.


August 19th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Profile
Online
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2772
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
They were using flashlight to the eyes, so probably kept him out precautionary for concussion.


August 19th, 2011, 8:59 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: December 13th, 2005, 2:09 pm
Posts: 529
Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
njroar wrote:
They were using flashlight to the eyes, so probably kept him out precautionary for concussion.


Uh oh. Didn't he have some really nasty concussions in college? (It was why he dropped so far in the draft, if memory serves.)

_________________
If God isn't a Lions fan, then why is the sky Honolulu Blue?


August 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jrd66, njroar, The Legend, Touchdown Jesus and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.