View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 2011 Injury Thread 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Re: 2011 Injury Thread
Why does it always seem like the Lions have more injuries than other teams? I'm not sure if that's the case this preseason, but in the past several years, they've been above the league average in terms of guys on IR. It's gonna be hard for them to make a playoff run if a number of key guys are unable to play.

August 26th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Modmin Dude

slybri19 wrote:
Why does it always seem like the Lions have more injuries than other teams? I'm not sure if that's the case this preseason, but in the past several years, they've been above the league average in terms of guys on IR. It's gonna be hard for them to make a playoff run if a number of key guys are unable to play.

Didn't the Packers have like 16 on IR last year? Just sayin' :wink:

August 26th, 2011, 4:00 pm
RIP Killer

The Giants don't have a single 1st or second string person left on their secondary do they?

August 26th, 2011, 4:02 pm
RIP Killer

slybri19 wrote:

Cause they are your team. You know every guy who goes down, when a back up or third stringer (especially someone you don't use in FF) goes down from another team you pay zero attn. When someone goes down on the Lions, even a player destined for the prac squad - you take notice.

That said, living in Dallas they never seem to have many significant injuries (until Romo went down last year).

August 26th, 2011, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I hate to say it but it looked like Titus Young was limping on the sideline.

August 28th, 2011, 6:12 am
Hall of Fame Player

The Lions dished out the injuries last night rather than being on the receiving end.

August 28th, 2011, 9:39 am
Bubbles the Lion

good to see no new injuries sustained...

August 28th, 2011, 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

27 wrote:
good to see no new injuries sustained...

But.... There were.................................To the Patriots. :lol:

August 28th, 2011, 1:57 pm
Stadium Announcer

Has anyone heard anything recently on Nick Fairley? im having no luck finding any updates on his injury.Or does anyone have any good info on what type of foot or ankle injury it was exactly?

August 31st, 2011, 5:54 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

FootballWiz wrote:
Has anyone heard anything recently on Nick Fairley? im having no luck finding any updates on his injury.Or does anyone have any good info on what type of foot or ankle injury it was exactly?

All the beat writers say there's no chance he plays the opener. I think they'll bring him along slowly in the first weeks--no need to rush him with our D-line depth.

September 1st, 2011, 6:11 am
Head Cheerleader

FootballWiz wrote:

He's out of the boot, and I imagine will begin some light practicing pretty soon. I doubt he plays until at least a quarter of the way into the season, though. There's no reason at all to rush him.

September 1st, 2011, 9:41 pm
NFL Team Captain

I read that he had surgery to have a screw inserted in a broken bone in his foot. Not sure where I read it but it's the only medical report that I've seen.

September 4th, 2011, 9:41 pm

jomo269 wrote:
I read that he had surgery to have a screw inserted in a broken bone in his foot. Not sure where I read it but it's the only medical report that I've seen.

You sure you're not confusing that with the story about Delmas having the screw from his foot removed? It happened about the same time.

September 4th, 2011, 10:03 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

Nope, Fairley had a screw inserted. His cast is already off and he's said to be ready to come back to practice soon. No idea how long it takes to get him ready to enter the rotation though.

September 4th, 2011, 10:05 pm

njroar wrote:
Nope, Fairley had a screw inserted. His cast is already off and he's said to be ready to come back to practice soon. No idea how long it takes to get him ready to enter the rotation though.

Ok, my bad. The only story I remember about that was the Delmas thing.

September 4th, 2011, 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next