View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 La Zone Mort 
Bubbles the Lion

I WANT NFL FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Cant wait for training camp. I am more amped up for this season than any of my more than 50 years watching the Lions.

May 10th, 2005, 3:41 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Well lets see, everyday I am on at least one if not several Lions sites just trying to find something new to read about them. I am not sure but I think I might be obsessive-compulsive or something?? At least that is what my wife and daughter keep telling me. While I like basketball I haven't followed it since the '80s "Bad Boys" days other than the finals last year. I really can't stand baseball and I don't care much more for hockey. It really blows my mind when hockey fans tell me that hockey is the most violent sport.......... Show me one, just one NFL team that could field a team for 80 games!!!!! Hockey tougher than football.... ha what a joke!!!!! Anyway bring on training camp I can't wait to see them turn the key on this new O we have and I think the D will hold its own too so I am looking for a definate improvement this season (winning at least one playoff game).

May 10th, 2005, 8:02 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I don't care much more for hockey. It really blows my mind when hockey fans tell me that hockey is the most violent sport.......... Show me one, just one NFL team that could field a team for 80 games!!!!! Hockey tougher than football.... ha what a joke!!!!!

If you told that to a hockey player, you would be on the floor in two seconds flat, I guarentee it. I'm not a hockey player, but my hockeytown blood is boiling right now. :P Anyway, everybody knows that rugby is the most violent sport. :lol:

Go Wings

Sorry I got off topic guys, but there is only so many ways you can say you are pumped for training camp. :P

May 10th, 2005, 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

If you told that to a hockey player, you would be on the floor in two seconds flat, I guarentee it. I'm not a hockey player, but my hockeytown blood is boiling right now. Anyway, everybody knows that rugby is the most violent sport.

Yeah, hockey players don't seem to bright, punching people seems to be the only real draw hockey holds for a large portion of their fans. Which I think is going to be a "BIG" problem for hockey soon. They are going to have to restrict the fighting, guys are getting charged in criminal court the last couple of seasons, and for the liability alone, the comp carriers will probably be pushing to get the rules changed too. I expect to see changes coming reasonably soon along those lines.

You may be right rugby may be more violent than football, but I don't watch enough of it to make an informed decision.

Oh yeah, Bring on TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!

May 10th, 2005, 8:25 pm

I agree with you on that. I'm sure the fights turn off some prospective fans. Even I get annoyed by them when they get out of hand.

May 10th, 2005, 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Yeah, hockey players don't seem to bright

The majority of Hockey players are more intelligent than football players... trust me... as well as Basketball players

May 10th, 2005, 8:56 pm
Profile WWW

I agree. Two of our hockey players in our schools are 3.7's easily. A lot of our roundball/football players have a rough time staying eligible.

May 10th, 2005, 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Anyone remember when Todd Bertuzzi rocked Steve Moore's world? Man...hockey is super vicious.

Okay, maybe this was one extreme, cheap example. But still.

Last edited by conversion02 on May 10th, 2005, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2005, 9:05 pm
QB Coach

That was one of the cheapest, most vicious acts i've seen in a while... i'm all for clean hitting, but not to the back of someone's head when they don't know you are coming...

May 10th, 2005, 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I am not saying hockey players aren't bright (I don't know any) only that from what I have seen they don't seem to bright. It just might be the "hill billy look .... no teeth that makes me think that way. I just think that hockey as it is meant to be played (no fights) is not as violent as american football. JMHO

May 10th, 2005, 10:10 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I am not saying hockey players aren't bright (I don't know any) only that from what I have seen they don't seem to bright. It just might be the "hill billy look .... no teeth that makes me think that way. ...

Isn't that racial profiling??

[-X

lol

May 10th, 2005, 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Peewee Leaguer

I am not saying hockey players aren't bright (I don't know any) only that from what I have seen they don't seem to bright. It just might be the "hill billy look .... no teeth that makes me think that way. ...

Isn't that racial profiling??

You might be right.

Sorry if I offended any Hill Billys out there that may have been offended because I compared you to hockey players!!

JK some of my best friends were hill billys

May 10th, 2005, 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2