View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 12:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Has Cris Carter lost his mind? 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Has Cris Carter lost his mind?
http://www.detroitlions.com/news/articl ... 1cb9298610

Quote:
As Calvin Johnson continued to put up multi-touchdown games, the comments of former NFL wide receiver Cris Carter became more and more emphasized in the mainstream media.

Carter's omission August 12 on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning of Johnson as one of the five elite receivers in the NFL created controversy in Detroit and debate across the country.

Now, four games and eight touchdowns later, Johnson matched the individual record for most number of consecutive games with two receiving touchdowns.

Ironically, he shares that record with Carter.

Now, as Johnson threatens to take sole possession of the record with a two-touchdown performance Monday against the Bears, Carter is freely handing over his respect.

Carter sat down with Johnson in a segment that will air during Monday Night Countdown, which begins at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.

"It was cool to meet Cris Carter," said Johnson. "That dude has some of the best hands to have played the game. It's an honor to meet him."

Johnson gave Carter the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his August comments, stating that, "He just goes off what he knows. He told me that he didn't know what I was.

"I can't blame him for that. We haven't been out there like that as a team.

"But now he knows."

Those who have downplayed Johnson's abilities have met a rude awakening these first four weeks as Johnson has defeated double and triple coverage to lead the NFL with eight touchdowns.

Johnson isn't overly concerned with his personal notoriety, though he appreciates the compliments to the team's success.

"He was complimenting me on how I've gotten better in my routes - that's just incentive for me to keep working on those things," said Johnson.

"I just have to get better from year-to-year."

See all that unfolds when the interview airs during Monday Night Countdown, beginning 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Someone is going to eat crow on Monday Night =D>

October 9th, 2011, 9:44 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Quote:
"It was cool to meet Cris Carter," said Johnson. "That dude has some of the best hands to have played the game. It's an honor to meet him."

Johnson gave Carter the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his August comments, stating that, "He just goes off what he knows. He told me that he didn't know what I was.
"I can't blame him for that. We haven't been out there like that as a team.

the bolded comment is what makes carter such a phony - he claims to make these comments based on watching film. if he had, clearly he would know what johnson is...

October 10th, 2011, 9:15 am
Towel Boy

Cris Carter is suffering from Sour Grapes.

October 10th, 2011, 11:45 am
RIP Killer

charrenee75 wrote:
Cris Carter is suffering from Sour Grapes.

Sounds like he needs to visit a Urologist.

October 10th, 2011, 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5