View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 "Dirty" play 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: "Dirty" play
BestAtMadden wrote:
fairly crushing cutler made me happy yesterday. :twisted: slow motion replays w grass in the helmet made it better..
suh blew up the o-line a few times too and that was awesome. bring the heat!!!!!!!!! =D>

lol. F*** the Bears.

November 15th, 2011, 5:39 am
Walk On

BestAtMadden wrote:
fairly crushing cutler made me happy yesterday. :twisted: slow motion replays w grass in the helmet made it better..
suh blew up the o-line a few times too and that was awesome. bring the heat!!!!!!!!! =D>

... and you'll be just one of many complaining when someone does that to your guy & he gets IR'd.

November 15th, 2011, 11:17 am
Walk On

Killwill25 wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:

lol. F*** the Bears.

This.

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

November 15th, 2011, 11:23 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Killwill25 wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:

lol. F*** the Bears.

+1

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 15th, 2011, 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't have much of a problem with "dirty" play, as long as they don't take it too far. That's a very fine line and the players must learn how to push the envelope without crossing that line. They don't want to take unnecessary penalties, but at the same time, they should still intimidate their opponents. That's a fair tactic IMO and I don't want to see them dial that aspect of it down at all.

November 15th, 2011, 12:41 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
slybri19 wrote:
I don't have much of a problem with "dirty" play, as long as they don't take it too far. That's a very fine line and the players must learn how to push the envelope without crossing that line. They don't want to take unnecessary penalties, but at the same time, they should still intimidate their opponents. That's a fair tactic IMO and I don't want to see them dial that aspect of it down at all.

Nailed it!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

November 15th, 2011, 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

I just want them to win.

November 15th, 2011, 1:07 pm
Walk On

Lions2SB2 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Nailed it!

Yeah - OK, I can definitely agree with this. Intimidation is definitely an important part of football. My personal opinion is the Lions are already a bit beyond the line & it does need to be dialed back ... to (for example) super-hard hits & blasting people all the way through the whistle... and then losing the intentional helmet-ripping thing.

November 15th, 2011, 1:23 pm

I.E. wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Nailed it!

Yeah - OK, I can definitely agree with this. Intimidation is definitely an important part of football. My personal opinion is the Lions are already a bit beyond the line & it does need to be dialed back ... to (for example) super-hard hits & blasting people all the way through the whistle... and then losing the intentional helmet-ripping thing.

I agree but it's gotten to the point where people were calling us dirty for "Tebowing"? The Lions are now held to a different standard. I personally, don't think the Peppers hit on CJ was dirty because the ball was up by his neck and causing the fumble is the goal but had that been Suh who mad that exact same play, people would cry bloody murder. But as far as dialing it down...I guess when a team everyone called p**sy for 50 yeras, starts to finally dish it out it's tough to swallow. The Steelers have played the same way for almost 40 years but they've been so good for so long that it's just "Steeler football". But no, not these Honolulu Blue sisters of the poor who everyone has accepted as lovable losers.

November 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Killwill25 wrote:
I.E. wrote:
Lions2SB2 wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Nailed it!

I agree but it's gotten to the point where people were calling us dirty for "Tebowing"? The Lions are now held to a different standard. I personally, don't think the Peppers hit on CJ was dirty because the ball was up by his neck and causing the fumble is the goal but had that been Suh who mad that exact same play, people would cry bloody murder. But as far as dialing it down...I guess when a team everyone called p**sy for 50 yeras, starts to finally dish it out it's tough to swallow. The Steelers have played the same way for almost 40 years but they've been so good for so long that it's just "Steeler football". But no, not these Honolulu Blue sisters of the poor who everyone has accepted as lovable losers.

Epic Win

November 15th, 2011, 9:26 pm
Team MVP

Lions2SB2 wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
BestAtMadden wrote:

lol. F*** the Bears.

+1

+2

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 15th, 2011, 9:41 pm
Walk On

Killwill25 wrote:
But as far as dialing it down...I guess when a team everyone called p**sy for 50 yeras, starts to finally dish it out it's tough to swallow. The Steelers have played the same way for almost 40 years but they've been so good for so long that it's just "Steeler football". But no, not these Honolulu Blue sisters of the poor who everyone has accepted as lovable losers.

OK - I see your point. But the key is still playing tough/quasidirty while playing well & winning. If you're losing while doing that, people don't see it the same way. They'll just trash the goodwill, point at the scoreboard & start saying "hate-able losers".

November 16th, 2011, 2:16 pm

I.E., I don't understand why you keep calling us losers. We have the same record as your Bears.

November 16th, 2011, 10:43 pm
RIP Killer

I.E. wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
But as far as dialing it down...I guess when a team everyone called p**sy for 50 yeras, starts to finally dish it out it's tough to swallow. The Steelers have played the same way for almost 40 years but they've been so good for so long that it's just "Steeler football". But no, not these Honolulu Blue sisters of the poor who everyone has accepted as lovable losers.

OK - I see your point. But the key is still playing tough/quasidirty while playing well & winning. If you're losing while doing that, people don't see it the same way. They'll just trash the goodwill, point at the scoreboard & start saying "hate-able losers".

The Lions were getting called dirty in the pre-season, after Suh nearly tore the head off of Dalton. And for the record, I thought it was a ridiculously stupid play by Suh. However, Suh has been nailed with some personal fouls that were absolute garbage, but that's the price when you build a questionable reputation.

This isn't about the Lions being called a dirty team because of them losing or winning. The snowball has started rolling, and it won't stop until they can do something to take the eye off of that aspect of their play. Multiple personal fouls in each game isn't going to help. I like the fact that the Lions have become an aggressive team that isn't backing down or giving up. But I dislike the reputation they're getting, and in reality some of it is deserved.

November 16th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Quote:
This isn't about the Lions being called a dirty team because of them losing or winning. The snowball has started rolling, and it won't stop until they can do something to take the eye off of that aspect of their play

Like win? :roll:

November 17th, 2011, 3:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next