View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next
 Killer's Korner 
QB Coach

Post Re: Killer's Korner
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Well I put my money where my mouth is and wrote the following email to Mr. Whitlock, courtesy of Fox Sports. Let's see if he responds!

Man you really got me, being an out of state Lions fan i have no choice but to rely upon media to find out anything Lions, and that lead me to your aritcle. I understand that there is a certain amount of sensationalism that needs to happen in order for you to catch a readers eye, but LYING? Yes sir, I said it! You wrote an article about Detroit Lions players trash talking an injured Falcon QB, and then you quote two of their players. I am ashamed for you! What kind of integrity does a man have to have, in order to put up such shoddy reporting. I actually went to the Lionbacker.com website and posted your article in "Killer's Korner" becuase I was afraid that the media hype had begun to get to the Detroit Lions. But then I find out, after posting your article, that it was false, the two Atlanta players weren't even close to the action, Suh and Avril had their backs to Ryan, and Lawrence Jackson a Detroit Lion was calling in Atlanta's training staff to minister to Ryan.
But you've taken it to another level, and put a man's name and reputation on the line. HIs aggresive play has been the stuff of legends until Goddel, started putting skirts on the NFL. Detroit was fighting for some respectibility and people like you are trying to kick them back into the cellar. You may not feel any remorse for what you've written, because it's padded your paycheck for another week, but as I said, I'm ashamed for you.
I think it would be nice to have some DECENT reporting done, that stood upon integrity, and did it's best to build players up, not demonize them. I do hope that you will do the right thing and re-write an article make the appropriate corrections, but from what I hear I doubt that will happen. I've been told by fellow Lions' fans that, "Oh that's just Jason Whitlcok, no one take's him seriously anyway." So maybe if you did the right thing Mr. Whitlock, you would gain some respectibility, and people wouldn't make such comments about you or your writing, and let us hope that someone doesn't stumble across any "dirty little secrets" you might have, that would tarnish your character, because you'd discover how hard it is to recover from those kind of hits! Have a blessed day!

Whitlock won't care. He airs his dirty laundry on a daily basis on Twitter.

In regards to the actual "taunting", I wrote this on another thread, but I think it applies here as well:

Ok, I just watched the coaches film of the play where Ryan gets hurt. Niether Suh nor Avril nor anyone else makes a kicking motion. The only thing that happens is Avril is all fired up and does yell something, and kind of shakes his whole body as he yells. So maybe he did yell something bad. But given Avril's reputation and how staunchly he defended himself, I'd be pretty surprised if that were true.

So there you go. Not taunting that I can see.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 26th, 2011, 8:52 am
QB Coach

It probably won't do anything, but at least I called him out for being a poser, and a liar.

I still think he needs to be brought to National Sports Media attention for flagrant abuse of his job by authoring such garbage. Fox Sports should make him admit he was wrong and retract it, that way he's responsible for his actions, and then monitor his stuff more closely. But that's a pipe dream.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 26th, 2011, 11:23 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Killer would never have standed for this. . .

October 26th, 2011, 11:46 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Whitlock is a columnist, not a journalist. His job is to stir the pot. Howard Stern has made a career out of saying outrageous things, which leads people to tune into his show--even if they hate him. Newspaper and internet columnists make their money off of your anger. If you don't like Whitlock, stop reading his Twitter account and stop clicking on his web page.

October 26th, 2011, 12:26 pm
QB Coach

actually mwill I never heard of this guy until this article, and to find out that he lied pissed me off so I decided to let him know about it. Maybe I'm making a mud hole out of this issue, but columnist/journalist or whatever, he still should be EXPOSED for the fraud that he is, and made to apologize to Suh and Avril.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

October 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

WarEr4Christ wrote:
actually mwill I never heard of this guy until this article, and to find out that he lied pissed me off so I decided to let him know about it. Maybe I'm making a mud hole out of this issue, but columnist/journalist or whatever, he still should be EXPOSED for the fraud that he is, and made to apologize to Suh and Avril.

Whitlock has been banging the anti-Suh drum all season. You're right that he is full of baloney but he's not in the business of reporting news. His stuff rubs me the wrong way too but it's not worth getting worked up about.

October 26th, 2011, 1:03 pm
RIP Killer

Footsoldier32 wrote:

Standed??

October 26th, 2011, 1:10 pm
QB Coach

mwill2 wrote:
Whitlock is a columnist, not a journalist. His job is to stir the pot. Howard Stern has made a career out of saying outrageous things, which leads people to tune into his show--even if they hate him. Newspaper and internet columnists make their money off of your anger. If you don't like Whitlock, stop reading his Twitter account and stop clicking on his web page.

Agree with this 100%. It's important to recognize the difference between a reporter/journalist and a columnist. One is meant to be factual, the other opinion.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

October 26th, 2011, 1:35 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

m2karateman wrote:
Footsoldier32 wrote:

Standed??

eeks. failsauce

October 26th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

For Detroit peeps, are there any quality sports talk shows with proper analysis of the Lions? Sean Terp and Killer (which is coming to an end) has been insufferable since Killer passed. Any thing you would recommend?

October 26th, 2011, 11:14 pm
National Champion

TLB.. where are you located? are you using radio or internet to listen?

myself being in lansing i can pull in detroit radio, plus stuff from GR.

personally i like my lions analysis from Wbbl 107.3 fm out of grand rapids
the morning show Bret Bakita and Ray Bently ( Former CMU, Bill's, Seahawks LB)
They do alot of player interviews, Plus have a lions report that includes a Weekly Call in from Coach Schwarts on Friday .

Ray Bently cracks me up..
after the falcons Game when reviewing the lions OL performance.he uttered this gem." Jeff Sackus is a Bag of Cats headed for the River" :lol:

October 27th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Hall of Fame Player

kskfordfleet wrote:

personally i like my lions analysis from Wbbl 107.3 fm out of grand rapids
the morning show Bret Bakita and Ray Bently ( Former CMU, Bill's, Seahawks LB)
They do alot of player interviews, Plus have a lions report that includes a Weekly Call in from Coach Schwarts on Friday .

Ray Bently cracks me up..
after the falcons Game when reviewing the lions OL performance.he uttered this gem." Jeff Sackus is a Bag of Cats headed for the River" :lol:

You forgot to mention that Ray Bentley also played for the Michigan Panthers of the USFL.

October 28th, 2011, 9:08 am
Afghan Allstar

Pretty good article from NFC North blogger Kevin Seifert...http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/33357/have-at-it-perception-and-reality-of-suh

October 28th, 2011, 10:21 am
QB Coach

From FOX SPORTS: Note the error, this is also the same rag that allowed the knucklehead to be a "columnist" that reported all the untrue allegations about SUH and AVRIL.

EW YORK
Detroit Lions safety Ndamukong Suh will meet with the NFL on Tuesday in New York seeking an explanation for why he has been repeatedly fined and penalized by the league.

WEEK 8 SCOREBOARD
•Giants 20, Dolphins 17
•Titans 27, Colts 10
•Vikings 24, Panthers 21
•Rams 31, Saints 21
•Ravens 30, Cardinals 27
•Texans 24, Jaguars 14
•Bills 23, Redskins 0
•Lions 45, Broncos 10
•Steelers 25, Patriots 17
•49ers 20, Browns 10
•Bengals 34, Seahawks 12
•Eagles 34, Cowboys 7
•Chargers-Chiefs

Suh also plans to try and convince the league why he should not be receiving the penalties, FOX Sports reported.

The situation is unique in that Suh requested the meeting take place.

Suh has been fined three times for rough hits on quarterbacks in his one and a half seasons in the NFL, and was most recently docked $20,000 for a hit on Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton in the preseason.

He also has three personal fouls in eight games this year, the Detroit Free Press reported.

"This particular meeting has been in the works for several weeks and grew out of commissioner [Roger] Goodell's respect for Ndamukong Suh and Ndamukong's desire to gain a deeper understanding of NFL rules and policies," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in confirming the meeting will take place, NFL.com reported.

"Ndamukong reached out more than a month ago to the commissioner, who offered him the opportunity to meet with the football operations football people that are responsible for enforcing the rules."

The meeting will include vice president of football operations Ray Anderson and director of football operations Merton Hanks, while Goodell said Suh could bring a Lions coach.

"To me, it's just an opportunity to go out there and have good dialogue and see what I can take from that meeting," Suh said, according to the Free Press.

"If it's nothing, then it's nothing. If it's something good, then it's something good."

October 31st, 2011, 9:35 am
Rookie Player of the Year

kskfordfleet wrote:

I would preferably like a show that has a podcast. I'm in Chicago, so most of the time I have to get by with Chicago sports talk. They do have some good analysts though, and while the hosts can often be annoying, the main ones were at least football journalists before they took their current gigs.

UPDATE: It seems like that show you mentioned does podcast, so thanks for the heads up!

October 31st, 2011, 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next