View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 10th, 2016, 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Week 12. Vikings@Lions 
William Clay Ford Jr.

Post Week 12. Vikings@Lions
Vikes have now lost 3 of their top 4 OT's for the season.

November 14th, 2016, 9:18 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Re: Week 12. Vikings@Lions
That really sucks for them. After that achilles injury, I'd bet that Jake Long's career is over. It's too bad, he was really fun to watch in his prime. At this point, I'd say it's another win but I want to be cautious with my optimism because we've seen this too many times where the Lions start to do pretty good things whether it's over the course of the season or only just one game and then they let the good things get away from them. I'm afraid that this could be one of those games. It will be a defining point in the season because if they can get a win here (and assuming they get one over JAX) this could really give them a good lead in the division. I'd love to see them win the NFC North for the first time and get a home playoff game but like I said....there's a lot of season left.

November 17th, 2016, 7:09 pm
HC – Jim Caldwell

Footsoldier32 wrote:
That really sucks for them. After that achilles injury, I'd bet that Jake Long's career is over. It's too bad, he was really fun to watch in his prime. At this point, I'd say it's another win but I want to be cautious with my optimism because we've seen this too many times where the Lions start to do pretty good things whether it's over the course of the season or only just one game and then they let the good things get away from them. I'm afraid that this could be one of those games. It will be a defining point in the season because if they can get a win here (and assuming they get one over JAX) this could really give them a good lead in the division. I'd love to see them win the NFC North for the first time and get a home playoff game but like I said....there's a lot of season left.

its weird schwartz was a better overall football mind than caldwell but somehow schwartz teams had more of a tendency to be choke artists. caldwell is like wayne fontes, seems like a buffoon but magically pushes enough of the right buttons to keep his job

November 19th, 2016, 10:49 pm
William Clay Ford Jr.

I gotta say that Washington, so far, has been a huge disappointment to me. He has all the size and measurables. He looked fantastic in the pre season. But, so far, in the regular season, he has stunk. At this point, I would be playing Zenner instead of Washington. A negative yards per carry is not going to win many games for you.

November 22nd, 2016, 4:04 pm
#1 Overall Pick

BillySims wrote:
I gotta say that Washington, so far, has been a huge disappointment to me. He has all the size and measurables. He looked fantastic in the pre season. But, so far, in the regular season, he has stunk. At this point, I would be playing Zenner instead of Washington. A negative yards per carry is not going to win many games for you.

I recommend patience in regards to Washington. There could be a lot of reasons we're not seeing the expected results. First among them is no where to run with our young but hopefully improving o-line. Is he looking at 8 men in the box every time he runs? Is he out running the blocking, not allowing the holes to develop? Have faith Billy, he has ability, just hasn't clicked yet.

November 23rd, 2016, 10:12 am
Position Coach

liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I recommend patience in regards to Washington. There could be a lot of reasons we're not seeing the expected results. First among them is no where to run with our young but hopefully improving o-line. Is he looking at 8 men in the box every time he runs? Is he out running the blocking, not allowing the holes to develop? Have faith Billy, he has ability, just hasn't clicked yet.

He is also a 7th round pick. If he was a plug and play starter he would have been drafted much higher. The kid has home run speed and a little wiggle, but he was known to disappear in games in college and it was part of the reason he never got his job back after being injured.

November 23rd, 2016, 1:10 pm
William Clay Ford Jr.

Stephen Diggs highly unlikely to play tomorrow.

November 23rd, 2016, 5:47 pm
RIP Killer

Diggs has crazy potential, glad he's out

November 23rd, 2016, 11:11 pm
William Clay Ford Jr.

conversion02 wrote:
Diggs has crazy potential, glad he's out

Has he been ruled out? All I have heard was that he is highly unlikely to play. But, that falls short of saying he is definitely out.

November 24th, 2016, 12:23 am
RIP Killer

Well, I'm assuming by the reports that are saying that his questionable status is more doubtful at best.

November 24th, 2016, 12:40 am
HC – Jim Caldwell

liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:

his accomplishment so far has been making the lineup and cracking the rotation. it seems things are a little too predictable when he s been getting the ball lately. he comes in with an extra blocker whether its corey robinson or mulligan and the defense is keyed in. if he can show a bit more as a receiver or protector then he may get more success running it. riddick has been more productive and only part of that is bc of better vision. defenses are worried about riddick as a receiver and also know he s a good blocker so they arent dialed in that he s going to take a handoff every time he s in. i believe washington had a reception last game, a few more of those and it could help open up some space for him running the ball. i think the kid still has a chance to blossom even if the numbers have not showed production

November 24th, 2016, 7:33 am
#1 Overall Pick

Happy thanksgiving guys, enjoy the game.

Just about to head to a bar with 9 work mates to introduce them to the Lions ... Here's hoping for a good performance! :arrow:

November 24th, 2016, 12:24 pm
William Clay Ford Jr.

The Legend wrote:
liontrax wrote:
BillySims wrote:

his accomplishment so far has been making the lineup and cracking the rotation. it seems things are a little too predictable when he s been getting the ball lately. he comes in with an extra blocker whether its corey robinson or mulligan and the defense is keyed in. if he can show a bit more as a receiver or protector then he may get more success running it. riddick has been more productive and only part of that is bc of better vision. defenses are worried about riddick as a receiver and also know he s a good blocker so they arent dialed in that he s going to take a handoff every time he s in. i believe washington had a reception last game, a few more of those and it could help open up some space for him running the ball. i think the kid still has a chance to blossom even if the numbers have not showed production

I think he still has big upside potential. I just don't think he is quite ready for prime time yet. Maybe next season.

November 24th, 2016, 12:59 pm
RIP Killer

This league is an f'ing joke. That PI called on slay on a huge 3rd down was massive BS. You can't even touch the receiver nowadays.

F*^% you Goodell.

November 24th, 2016, 2:08 pm
William Clay Ford Jr.

Nothing like the refs ensuring the Vikings get a TD here. How many turn overs do the Lions have to create before the refs let one stand.

Refs 7-Lions7.

November 24th, 2016, 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next