View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Gameday: Saints 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Gameday: Saints
http://www.lionbacker.com/chat/

I would love to see our Defense pitch a shutout. ( won't happen, but, I can wish.) But, I can see a Green Bay type of performance. I don't see either team scoring 30 or more, because without Calvin, we just aren't capable.

Hopefully, Reggie Bush has a bit more of an axe to grind with the Saints than he has let on in the press.

October 19th, 2014, 11:36 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Gameday: Saints
Jimmy Graham will play. But, not start. He will be used in a limited fashion. Someone needs to give him 1 good shot on his injured shoulder.

October 19th, 2014, 11:40 am
Hall of Fame Player

It's official. Calvin is inactive. I figure he will be ready to play in London. I just can't see the NFL letting us sit him in London if he can play.

October 19th, 2014, 11:54 am
RIP Killer

Detroit faces the struggling Saints with a chance to stay atop the division at 5-2!

Post all thoughts on the game in this thread.

Join other fans during the game in the Lionbacker Chatroom

GO LIONS!

October 19th, 2014, 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

Good punt from Martin, proving Billy wrong :wink:

October 19th, 2014, 1:17 pm
League MVP

UK Lion wrote:
Good punt from Martin, proving Billy wrong :wink:

highlight of the game so far. too bad the lions had a def holding penalty (gorrer) that allowed the saints to get out of that field position. lions had them ready to punt from out of there. a couple plays later the lions didnt get set on a 3rd down play and the saints get an easy 20 yard completion. coaches should use a timeout there. they eventually get the stop but stafford doesnt read the coverage and lewis who appeared to be in coverage on fuller peels off of him and capitalizes on a greedy throw where stafford might ve been able to get the first by throwing to pettigrew not to mention it was only 2nd down. quin gets hosed on a totally bogus personal foul and the lions play some good goalline defense but slay gives them a new set of downs on a correct PI call. josh bynes pretty lazy play losing the fullback in coverage on the TD pass but lions giving away chances to the saints while not capitalizing on one of there own. not a good way to start. hate lombardi s play calling, he seems like he is just giving away first and second down every series with 3 yards and a cloud of dust type calls or short passes without opportunity for yards after catch. need to open it up a little more than that, the saints defense isnt good.

October 19th, 2014, 1:51 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, prater almost shanked a 21 yarder. That's a damn XP that hit off the left upright. That's pathetic

October 19th, 2014, 2:06 pm
RIP Killer

This offense is worse than mooch's offense and looks the same. Run the ball into a wall of white jerseys, dance in the backfield, and check down for negative yardage to the RBs all game.

October 19th, 2014, 2:29 pm
League MVP

the offense looks bad, they cant run, they cant pass but the refs blew a pass interference that would ve put the ball in the redzone. stafford got them to jump offsides on a hard count, raiola snapped the ball with the defender in the neutral zone while joique bell reacted to the defender jumping. there was no whistle and stafford recognized the free play throwing deep to fuller who was clearly interfered with. refs then ruled that play should ve been blown dead bc of bell s reaction - only they missed the fact that bell didnt move until after raiola initiated the snap. play should ve actually counted and lions possession in the red zone. instead the lions sputter, punt the saints inside the 15 but way too easily giving up a 2 minute score to Brees working with only 1 timeout.

major changes in the offensive game play are needed.

shout out to larry warford for majorly blowing a simple blitz pickup and raiola for getting killed on any run where there is a nosetackle lined up on him.

October 19th, 2014, 2:35 pm
League MVP

conversion02 wrote:
This offense is worse than mooch's offense and looks the same. Run the ball into a wall of white jerseys, dance in the backfield, and check down for negative yardage to the RBs all game.

i agree it looks like mariucci s game plans where they would run and short pass 1st and 2nd down and face 3rd and long all day. it kind of works to minimize mistakes and keep the game close but its hard to win. i understood why mooch s lions played that way as they majorly lacked talent but this squad shouldnt be playing like this especially against an explosive offense like the saints.

October 19th, 2014, 2:37 pm
RIP Killer

If you have a Kyle Orton QB then yeah, you're kind of stuck with a dink and dunk offense. When you can't run the ball and have zero deep game, with a QB who progresses through his reads slower than most, it's a bad offense. We've seen what, 3 deep balls all game?

October 19th, 2014, 2:40 pm
3rd Round Selection

Painful stuff to watch. At least I'll head to Wembley unable to be disappointed ...

October 19th, 2014, 2:48 pm
League MVP

not sure about the personal foul on whitehead but i think he did know what he was doing when he got up and flipped ingram

whitehead and bynes have been alternating as the nickel LBs and both have struggled badly.

vaughn terrible play letting the saints out from there end zone, just completely blowing his assignment on colston. not much discipline

October 19th, 2014, 3:23 pm
RIP Killer

I can't much more of these clowns. The worst defense in the league is owning this supposed high powered offense of chumps. Stafford sucks. His reads suck, he locks onto receivers, throws horrible balls 80% of the time (seriously , he can barely complete a slant or a screen pass), and he audibles into crap plays. I know it doesn't help when year in and year out your wideouts drop more balls than anyone in the game, but that doesn't change the fact he's looked like Joey Harrington this year. How many more 1-2 yard passes will he continue to throw??

The run game is non-existent and the pass protection is horrendous... Stafford has been sacked another 3 times by a team who barely has 3 sacks through 5 games. Lombardi's play calling is some of the worst we've seen in years.

And where is Ryan broyles? If they want to throw this 2 yard garbage, at least look for someone who can get open. The guy has played like 15 snaps all year. If they won't play him, cut him and sign someone who might be useful.

October 19th, 2014, 3:41 pm
Heisman Winner

That's what I call winning ugly. That O-line is so bad, wasn't that one of the strengths last year, what the hell happened?

October 19th, 2014, 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next