View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Lions O-line = DOMINANT !!!!! 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Lions O-line = DOMINANT !!!!!
BillySims wrote:
Growler wrote:
I think the offensive line is going to need a lot of attention in next year's draft and free agency period. Both Backus and Raiola have lots of mileage on their bodies and they aren't getting any younger.

I'm guessing that we'll have later picks this year, so no drafting the top left tackle prospect. I think we could use starting caliber left tackle and center prospects in our first three rounds, even if they don't necessarily start next season.

Has there been any evidence as to whether Jason Fox will pan out? Is there any reason to believe that he can be a top 15 starting caliber OT or will he be just another body that can be used to plug a hole?

Well Fox has barely played this year. And I think he was listed on the injury report. So, this guy just can't stay healthy apparently.

He started at LT in the preseason and hurt his foot. He's on the 53, just hasn't been active yet. When he's healthy (if he stays healthy) he'll be ok. He just needs to stay healthy.

October 3rd, 2011, 7:15 pm
Pro Bowl Player

http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/protect ... pe=overall

1 New Orleans Saints 8 81.8
2 Tennessee Titans 7 81.1
3 Buffalo Bills 7 76.7
4 New England Patriots 7 74.3
5 San Diego Chargers 7 72.0
6 Green Bay Packers 7 71.9
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 71.5
8 Detroit Lions 8 71.0
9 Dallas Cowboys 7 69.8
10 New York Giants 7 69.7
11 Houston Texans 8 66.8
12 Indianapolis Colts 8 65.1
13 Carolina Panthers 8 64.5
14 Cincinnati Bengals 7 64.3
15 Oakland Raiders 7 63.2
16 Kansas City Chiefs 7 62.5
17 Pittsburgh Steelers 8 61.6
18 Philadelphia Eagles 7 60.9
19 Baltimore Ravens 7 60.6
20 Cleveland Browns 7 58.9
21 Atlanta Falcons 7 58.2
22 New York Jets 7 55.9
23 Washington Redskins 7 55.3
24 Arizona Cardinals 7 50.8
25 Denver Broncos 7 49.3
26 San Francisco 49ers 7 48.8
27 Chicago Bears 7 46.6
28 Minnesota Vikings 8 45.5
29 Seattle Seahawks 7 44.0
30 St. Louis Rams 7 42.4
31 Miami Dolphins 7 42.1
32 Jacksonville Jaguars 8 41.0

Half way through the year, and the Lions are still ranked 8th.

November 4th, 2011, 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

other than the CHI game, I think the last two games have been out best effort running the ball.Williams and Morris should be the bulk of our running game even after Best comes back. No need to give Best more than 8-10 carries per game when he should be used primarily in the speed game(misdirection, screens tosses, reverses, and as a slot WR) He's a Percy Harvin type of player, not an Ahmad Bradshaw

November 4th, 2011, 4:48 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Growler wrote:
I think the offensive line is going to need a lot of attention in next year's draft and free agency period. Both Backus and Raiola have lots of mileage on their bodies and they aren't getting any younger.

I'm guessing that we'll have later picks this year, so no drafting the top left tackle prospect. I think we could use starting caliber left tackle and center prospects in our first three rounds, even if they don't necessarily start next season.

Has there been any evidence as to whether Jason Fox will pan out? Is there any reason to believe that he can be a top 15 starting caliber OT or will he be just another body that can be used to plug a hole?

Well Fox has barely played this year. And I think he was listed on the injury report. So, this guy just can't stay healthy apparently.

He started at LT in the preseason and hurt his foot. He's on the 53, just hasn't been active yet. When he's healthy (if he stays healthy) he'll be ok. He just needs to stay healthy.

That's the big issue with him right now. His propensity for injury is a concern, no different than with Stafford. I am anxious to see how well Fox can play, but I have to wonder exactly what injury he suffered that is taking this long to heal. Fairley broke his foot and has seemingly recovered quicker than Jason Fox. That's not a good sign, at all.

November 5th, 2011, 11:35 am
RIP Killer

As far as I'm concerned, he has no future with this team. He was drafted partially hurt and seemingly never really recovered all season. Then, he's supposedly healthy, played OK in a couple PS games against scrubs and then got hurt again. For as long as he's been hurt, he could have had major foot or ankle surgery.

You certainly do not count a 7th round, oft-injured draft pick into your future plans...especially when the position is LT

November 5th, 2011, 11:46 am
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, he has no future with this team. He was drafted partially hurt and seemingly never really recovered all season. Then, he's supposedly healthy, played OK in a couple PS games against scrubs and then got hurt again. For as long as he's been hurt, he could have had major foot or ankle surgery.

You certainly do not count a 7th round, oft-injured draft pick into your future plans...especially when the position is LT

Fox was a 4th round pick, but was rated as a mid-2nd round talent. Johnny Culbreath was the player taken in the 7th round this past draft, and he was put on IR at the beginning of the season. Fox might have a future at RT if he can get over his injury issue. Culbreath is the one with more athleticism and could possibly be a good LT. Not elite, but good.

November 5th, 2011, 1:10 pm
RIP Killer

You're right, I was thinking about culbreath and his draft status. Either way, you can't plan on a guy who's managed to play a handful of PS games and will be going on his third year - unless you owe him a load of cash. I was hoping fox would have stayed healthy coming out of Miami - and I'm not saying dump him and forget him - but at this point he is forgetting, because he's done nothing and shown nothing

November 5th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3