View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 23rd, 2014, 3:48 pm



Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs 
Author Message
Red Shirt Freshman

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 10:37 pm
Posts: 505
Location: Corona, CA
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
FootballPhreak wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.

If you would seriously shake a mans hand after he banged your wife, for the sake of money, that makes you a whore.

And that makes you unrealistic or outside of the business world.

Certainly outside of the business I would have nothing to do with the guy. But if I ran into him at a business meeting of any sort, I surely could not afford to act like a 2 year old.
A whore would send their wife off to get banged. If my wife banged someone, she would no longer be my wife and just like in the situation with Mayhew and Pioli, the situation would be done and dead and it would be childish to carry it any further.


Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.

_________________
Adopted Matthew Stafford -
Season Stats 216/362 59.7% 2508yds 20TD 8INT 89.9Rating


September 23rd, 2011, 1:58 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Lionfanatic wrote:
Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.


Tell me, what did Pioli do PERSONALLY to Mayhew? Did he badmouth him? Did he slander him, or disrespect him....as a person or as a GM?

No.

Pioli did what most other GMs in the NFL will do, he took the opportunity to gain an edge...to get more draft picks. It just happened to come at the Lions expense. And, let me remind ALL of you once again, the NFL is the one that took the picks, not Pioli and not the Chiefs, but the NFL. That means they agreed with Pioli's accusations. Right or wrong, the NFL agreed.

That is business.

Not shaking a persons hand when they extend it to you is personal. Extremely personal. It has NOTHING to do with business.

I like Mayhew, but he took a business deal and made it personal. Pioli didn't make it personal, but I'm sure he took the no hand shake move as very personal....and so would ANY of us, including those of you who think Mayhew did the right thing.

Now, I'm sure Pioli could just let that affront slide and continue to do business as normal. If he does, then I'm sad to say he's the bigger man in all of this. But the fact is, whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, other GMs around the league may not like the way Mayhew handled this. And as such, they may not want to deal with him as openly or as quickly.

You can sit there and say that when a trade is made it's to both parties benefits, but that's not always the case. And the truth is, you often seen certain teams always dealing with certain other teams....sort of like how the Lions currently have a "pipeline" with Seattle lately. We've been the beneficiaries of that in a big way. Rob Sims, Lawrence Jackson...for fifth and sixth round picks?? Be real. And we were also able to move up in this past draft with Seattle to get LeShoure.

Rah, rah Mayhew for the move all you want. I'm not saying it WILL come back to haunt the Lions....I am saying it COULD. But those chances are not worth taking when you are dealing with a multi-BILLION dollar business, and depend on other teams to do dealings with to improve your product.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 23rd, 2011, 3:47 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 580
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
m2karateman wrote:
Lionfanatic wrote:
Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.


Tell me, what did Pioli do PERSONALLY to Mayhew? Did he badmouth him? Did he slander him, or disrespect him....as a person or as a GM?

No.

Pioli did what most other GMs in the NFL will do, he took the opportunity to gain an edge...to get more draft picks. It just happened to come at the Lions expense. And, let me remind ALL of you once again, the NFL is the one that took the picks, not Pioli and not the Chiefs, but the NFL. That means they agreed with Pioli's accusations. Right or wrong, the NFL agreed.

That is business.

Not shaking a persons hand when they extend it to you is personal. Extremely personal. It has NOTHING to do with business.

I like Mayhew, but he took a business deal and made it personal. Pioli didn't make it personal, but I'm sure he took the no hand shake move as very personal....and so would ANY of us, including those of you who think Mayhew did the right thing.

Now, I'm sure Pioli could just let that affront slide and continue to do business as normal. If he does, then I'm sad to say he's the bigger man in all of this. But the fact is, whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, other GMs around the league may not like the way Mayhew handled this. And as such, they may not want to deal with him as openly or as quickly.

You can sit there and say that when a trade is made it's to both parties benefits, but that's not always the case. And the truth is, you often seen certain teams always dealing with certain other teams....sort of like how the Lions currently have a "pipeline" with Seattle lately. We've been the beneficiaries of that in a big way. Rob Sims, Lawrence Jackson...for fifth and sixth round picks?? Be real. And we were also able to move up in this past draft with Seattle to get LeShoure.

Rah, rah Mayhew for the move all you want. I'm not saying it WILL come back to haunt the Lions....I am saying it COULD. But those chances are not worth taking when you are dealing with a multi-BILLION dollar business, and depend on other teams to do dealings with to improve your product.


how exactly do you know m2k? your speculating and you have no clue.

are you close personal friends with martin? im trying to get an understanding for how you know what pioli did or didnt do. so explain it to us m2k since you know exactly why martin didnt shake his hand. please enlighten us

heres a great idea for you guys, why dont you bust the trade calvin johnson thread back out again since he only had 3 receptions for 29 yards last week. that one always gets me cracking up when you guys try to justify reasoning for possibly trading cj :-k


September 23rd, 2011, 10:38 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
LOL. I can't believe we may have the best team we've had in years and we are discussing a handshake that never was. It sucks that this GAME DAY thread ended up in a 48-3 victory for us and people just wanna talk about a trivial off the field incident that isn't even news anymore(and never really was). We've seriously been discussing this for almost a week. It's in the past now. Maybe this should've had it's own thread.

I promise not to speak on this anymore because it has nothing to do with the rest of this season but it should be a man's personal choice to shake hands with someone. I think bad blood is always good for the game and I have faith in Mayhew's ability to build a great team with or without K.C.'s help.

Now can we all just shake on it?

I posted this in February whe we lost the pick so I'm glad everything played out the way it did
Quote:
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14407
We just gotta beat K.C.'s azz next season in Ford field.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 24th, 2011, 2:09 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Lionfanatic wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.

If you would seriously shake a mans hand after he banged your wife, for the sake of money, that makes you a whore.

And that makes you unrealistic or outside of the business world.

Certainly outside of the business I would have nothing to do with the guy. But if I ran into him at a business meeting of any sort, I surely could not afford to act like a 2 year old.
A whore would send their wife off to get banged. If my wife banged someone, she would no longer be my wife and just like in the situation with Mayhew and Pioli, the situation would be done and dead and it would be childish to carry it any further.


Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.

For the hundredth time, it is not Pioli I would worry about. It is how the rest of the league reacts to the unprofessionalism demonstrated by Mayhew.


September 24th, 2011, 10:00 am
Profile
Veteran General Manager
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7126
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
FootballPhreak wrote:
Lionfanatic wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.

If you would seriously shake a mans hand after he banged your wife, for the sake of money, that makes you a whore.

And that makes you unrealistic or outside of the business world.

Certainly outside of the business I would have nothing to do with the guy. But if I ran into him at a business meeting of any sort, I surely could not afford to act like a 2 year old.
A whore would send their wife off to get banged. If my wife banged someone, she would no longer be my wife and just like in the situation with Mayhew and Pioli, the situation would be done and dead and it would be childish to carry it any further.


Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.

For the hundredth time, it is not Pioli I would worry about. It is how the rest of the league reacts to the unprofessionalism demonstrated by Mayhew.


And for the hundredth time, I really believe the rest of the NFL really cares about it. NOT :!:


September 24th, 2011, 10:45 am
Profile
Online
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3635
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
vankman79 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Lionfanatic wrote:
Then why would Pioli hold not shaking his had against Mayhew?

You can't have it both ways. If Mayhew should get over whatever caused him to snub Pioli, then shouldn't Pioli get over the snub? People act like Pioli won't deal with Detroit as if a trade is always 1 sided. KC will give the Lions Berry, Hali, and Albert, while Detroit gives them a 6th rd draft pick. Trades are suppose to be beneficial to both sides.

If what you say is true about getting passed thing to run a business, then the snub won't affect the outcome in any business dealings between these two teams and this whole conversation is moot.

Personally, I am glad he didn't shake his hand. Send a message to other teams as well as your own players.


Tell me, what did Pioli do PERSONALLY to Mayhew? Did he badmouth him? Did he slander him, or disrespect him....as a person or as a GM?

No.

Pioli did what most other GMs in the NFL will do, he took the opportunity to gain an edge...to get more draft picks. It just happened to come at the Lions expense. And, let me remind ALL of you once again, the NFL is the one that took the picks, not Pioli and not the Chiefs, but the NFL. That means they agreed with Pioli's accusations. Right or wrong, the NFL agreed.

That is business.

Not shaking a persons hand when they extend it to you is personal. Extremely personal. It has NOTHING to do with business.

I like Mayhew, but he took a business deal and made it personal. Pioli didn't make it personal, but I'm sure he took the no hand shake move as very personal....and so would ANY of us, including those of you who think Mayhew did the right thing.

Now, I'm sure Pioli could just let that affront slide and continue to do business as normal. If he does, then I'm sad to say he's the bigger man in all of this. But the fact is, whether you like it or not, whether you agree with it or not, other GMs around the league may not like the way Mayhew handled this. And as such, they may not want to deal with him as openly or as quickly.

You can sit there and say that when a trade is made it's to both parties benefits, but that's not always the case. And the truth is, you often seen certain teams always dealing with certain other teams....sort of like how the Lions currently have a "pipeline" with Seattle lately. We've been the beneficiaries of that in a big way. Rob Sims, Lawrence Jackson...for fifth and sixth round picks?? Be real. And we were also able to move up in this past draft with Seattle to get LeShoure.

Rah, rah Mayhew for the move all you want. I'm not saying it WILL come back to haunt the Lions....I am saying it COULD. But those chances are not worth taking when you are dealing with a multi-BILLION dollar business, and depend on other teams to do dealings with to improve your product.


how exactly do you know m2k? your speculating and you have no clue.

are you close personal friends with martin? im trying to get an understanding for how you know what pioli did or didnt do. so explain it to us m2k since you know exactly why martin didnt shake his hand. please enlighten us

heres a great idea for you guys, why dont you bust the trade calvin johnson thread back out again since he only had 3 receptions for 29 yards last week. that one always gets me cracking up when you guys try to justify reasoning for possibly trading cj :-k


thanks for adding NOTHING to the conversation....sigh


September 24th, 2011, 10:49 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9773
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
vankman79 wrote:
how exactly do you know m2k? your speculating and you have no clue.

are you close personal friends with martin? im trying to get an understanding for how you know what pioli did or didnt do. so explain it to us m2k since you know exactly why martin didnt shake his hand. please enlighten us

heres a great idea for you guys, why dont you bust the trade calvin johnson thread back out again since he only had 3 receptions for 29 yards last week. that one always gets me cracking up when you guys try to justify reasoning for possibly trading cj :-k


It's called odds. What are the odds that Pioli did something else to upset Mayhew? Tell me, smart rectum, what are the odds Pioli banged Mayhew's wife and that was Martin's reaction? Now measure that with the odds Mayhew refused based on the tampering charges and penalties.

I think 99.9% of people would accept the fact that it was the latter that led to that scenario, and not some of the far fetched imaginary situations you've brought up.

And it's clear to me you've NEVER understood the basis of that CJ trade discussion last season. Here's some free advice...get over it.

_________________
Driver of the 'we need a coaching change' bandwagon. Climb aboard.


September 24th, 2011, 11:44 am
Profile
Red Shirt Freshman

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 10:37 pm
Posts: 505
Location: Corona, CA
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
I think it might be possible that the Lions might have caught KC doing something similar in recent history and didn't make a big stink about it. KC turned Detroit in and get a draft pick. We are all speculating but it seems reasonable since tampering appears to happen all of the time in the NFL anyway.

Pioli may have wanted to shake Mayhews hand and let bygones be bygones. Mayhew is not ready for that yet. That happens sometimes and all the person can do is wait it out and try another apology.

I seriously doubt any other NFL team is going to stop dealing with one of the most active GM's in the NFL for 'snubbing' a GM that the rest of the NFL hates anyway.

I don't see this as a big issue and I doubt anybody else does except us on this board. I just don't see this having any negative impact on the Lions ability to conduct business with other teams.

_________________
Adopted Matthew Stafford -
Season Stats 216/362 59.7% 2508yds 20TD 8INT 89.9Rating


September 24th, 2011, 12:03 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 580
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
m2karateman wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
how exactly do you know m2k? your speculating and you have no clue.

are you close personal friends with martin? im trying to get an understanding for how you know what pioli did or didnt do. so explain it to us m2k since you know exactly why martin didnt shake his hand. please enlighten us

heres a great idea for you guys, why dont you bust the trade calvin johnson thread back out again since he only had 3 receptions for 29 yards last week. that one always gets me cracking up when you guys try to justify reasoning for possibly trading cj :-k


It's called odds. What are the odds that Pioli did something else to upset Mayhew? Tell me, smart rectum, what are the odds Pioli banged Mayhew's wife and that was Martin's reaction? Now measure that with the odds Mayhew refused based on the tampering charges and penalties.

I think 99.9% of people would accept the fact that it was the latter that led to that scenario, and not some of the far fetched imaginary situations you've brought up.

And it's clear to me you've NEVER understood the basis of that CJ trade discussion last season. Here's some free advice...get over it.


the point is that you dont have a clue what went on in the process of the investigation of the tampering charge. you have no clue, odds cant explain anything about why martin didnt shake piolis hand as smart as you think you are you have no clue. so accept the fact that you dont know, because you dont.........

now im done speaking on this conversation because it leads nowhere. this is not gonna effect the organization by any means. and there is nothing for me to get over about you guys saying how smart it would be to trade calvin johnson. its just funny how quickly people over react to things. oh and lets go back to the lets fire the coaching staff. some people just need to over react to everything and them people crack me up.. are you one of them :lol:


September 24th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter

Joined: April 1st, 2007, 11:31 pm
Posts: 532
Location: Stevens Point, WI
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Wow guys...just wow. Hey, does anyone remember when the Lions crushed KC 48-3? That was pretty fun.

_________________
Adopted Lion: Brandon Pettigrew-Soon to be a huge supporter of the Stickum black market


September 24th, 2011, 10:52 pm
Profile
Online
League MVP
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3635
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
SimplePoster wrote:
Wow guys...just wow. Hey, does anyone remember when the Lions crushed KC 48-3? That was pretty fun.



=D> =D> I do! it was pretty awsome!! I hope i get to see that again! :arrow: :idea:


September 24th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Profile
Position Coach

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2127
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
SimplePoster wrote:
Wow guys...just wow. Hey, does anyone remember when the Lions crushed KC 48-3? That was pretty fun.

It was the proudest I've been of the team since Barry ran for 2000 and we beat the Jets to make the playoffs. I absolutely loved the expression on Gunther's face after he got the juice bath. His personality is well reflected by this team. I do worry about Backus vs Allen(Backus does a pretty good job on him), Ware, and Peppers in the next month. especially Peppers,...that man scares the hell out of me. In my opinion, Julius Pepper may be the best athelete IN SPORTS.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 24th, 2011, 11:50 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2569
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
This was the worst discussion on this forum possibly ever.


September 24th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9266
Location: Dallas
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
BTW - we wrote this victory off because of how bad the Chiefs are. These same Chiefs now have a winning record and sit atop the AFC West...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


November 1st, 2011, 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DayDreamer, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.