View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 8:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs 
Author Message
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Did snubbing him increase the score by which we beat his team?

yes, in my mind it did


Then you and your mind were watching the wrong game.

Dude, its's just that when you bitch about something like this you sound like one of the people who think Ndamukong Suh hits too hard. It's bad enough our FO had to put up with him althrough the lockout. SCOTT PIOLI HURT THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM, f*** him. I doubt that this is the first time an owner has been snubbed and it won't be the last. It took more balls to snub him than if he would've smiled in his face and shook his hand. He made those accusations knowing damn well that his team would be coming to the D where snitches get stitches lol. if he expected to be forgiven by Mayhew that is his own fault. I thought Mayhew's act of screw you was refreshingly old school. This organization tried to do it the nice way for about 50 years, now it's "you want to hurt us? fine just don't shake my hand after we beat you by 45 points today." And Pioli's a big boy, I'm sure he'll be fine.

But yes, hearing about the snubbing was the icing on the cake after a great game. Just think about how you felt when you learned he molested a pick out of us. I remember all of us being pretty pissed. Maybe it's just still very fresh on Mayhew's mind. think about it, we went for it on 4th & 1 already up 41-3 with 5 minutes left. K.C.'s feelings were never a priority

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 21st, 2011, 9:12 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2817
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
We scored on 2 4th down plays. We scored on a 4th down play in TB also.

And the snub happened AFTER the game, so it was a post run-up score snub.


September 21st, 2011, 9:25 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9958
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Did snubbing him increase the score by which we beat his team?

yes, in my mind it did


Then you and your mind were watching the wrong game.

Dude, its's just that when you bitch about something like this you sound like one of the people who think Ndamukong Suh hits too hard. It's bad enough our FO had to put up with him althrough the lockout. SCOTT PIOLI HURT THE FUTURE OF THIS TEAM, f*** him. I doubt that this is the first time an owner has been snubbed and it won't be the last. It took more balls to snub him than if he would've smiled in his face and shook his hand. He made those accusations knowing damn well that his team would be coming to the D where snitches get stitches lol. if he expected to be forgiven by Mayhew that is his own fault. I thought Mayhew's act of screw you was refreshingly old school. This organization tried to do it the nice way for about 50 years, now it's "you want to hurt us? fine just don't shake my hand after we beat you by 45 points today." And Pioli's a big boy, I'm sure he'll be fine.

But yes, hearing about the snubbing was the icing on the cake after a great game. Just think about how you felt when you learned he molested a pick out of us. I remember all of us being pretty pissed. Maybe it's just still very fresh on Mayhew's mind. think about it, we went for it on 4th & 1 already up 41-3 with 5 minutes left. K.C.'s feelings were never a priority


First, let me correct a couple things for you. Pioli is not an owner. Second, Mayhew didn't go for anything, as he is not the coach of the Detroit Lions. And if you think that somehow Mayhew conveyed to Schwartz to go for it in the short time that the Lions had to make that decision, then you're seriously disillusioned.

I don't like Pioli, I never have. I don't like what he did with the accusation. But once again, you fail to recognize that his accusation means nothing unless the NFL agrees with him. It's exactly why I blame Goodell more for the lost pick than Pioli.

But, you have a right to feel however you want to. Just don't bitch if in the future it is reported that the Lions were looking to make a deal on draft day, and Pioli somehow either shut it down or somehow screwed us. That will be his payback to us. It may never happen, I realize that. But it's not like we've never dealt with KC in the past.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


September 21st, 2011, 9:35 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
I don't think Mayhew made the 4th down call(and after I saw soundfx it looks like Stafford made the decision) but at the time it seemed like a guesture from the Lions as opposed to the coaching staff. I guess I just don't think there are enough snubs in the world today. It'll be interesting to see if this brought up the next time they play. Shaking another man's hand should be a personal decision. If Pioli can't get over it when it's time to make decision that may help boost his franchise than he's an idiot and I'm glad we have good scouts.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 22nd, 2011, 1:50 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7498
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
I wouldn't shake Pee hole eees hand either. You never know where it's been. :lol:

And yes, I still think the snub was fantastic. And I don't believe it will effect us one way or another beyond last Sunday.


September 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
BillySims wrote:
I wouldn't shake Pee hole eees hand either. You never know where it's been. :lol:

And yes, I still think the snub was fantastic. And I don't believe it will effect us one way or another beyond last Sunday.

I don't see why a real professional would take the chance one way or the other. Very childish to let some stupid trivial garbage that is already dead and gone possibly affect your business just so you can get a little revenge.


September 22nd, 2011, 8:48 pm
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$


September 22nd, 2011, 10:58 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.


September 22nd, 2011, 11:14 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't see why a real professional would take the chance one way or the other. Very childish to let some stupid trivial garbage that is already dead and gone possibly affect your business just so you can get a little revenge.

The snub shows that a handshake still has meaning to some people. Maybe Mayhew only shakes hands with people he respects.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 23rd, 2011, 1:44 am
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2277
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
FootballPhreak wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.

If you would seriously shake a mans hand after he banged your wife, for the sake of money, that makes you a whore.

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 23rd, 2011, 1:47 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
vankman79 wrote:
look for all we know piolli could have banged mayhews old lady. none of us know what has gone on between these two men. if somebody poked your old lady would you shake their hand? how about if some azzhole spit in your face, would you shake their hand? what if some d!ckhead kicked you in the balls, would you shake their hand?

Fock no you wouldnt, so get off martins jock :-$

If it had to do with running a multi-billion dollar business.....yes, yes I would. Personal life should NEVER get in the way of business.

If you would seriously shake a mans hand after he banged your wife, for the sake of money, that makes you a whore.

And that makes you unrealistic or outside of the business world.

Certainly outside of the business I would have nothing to do with the guy. But if I ran into him at a business meeting of any sort, I surely could not afford to act like a 2 year old.

A whore would send their wife off to get banged. If my wife banged someone, she would no longer be my wife and just like in the situation with Mayhew and Pioli, the situation would be done and dead and it would be childish to carry it any further.


September 23rd, 2011, 2:04 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
I don't see why a real professional would take the chance one way or the other. Very childish to let some stupid trivial garbage that is already dead and gone possibly affect your business just so you can get a little revenge.

The snub shows that a handshake still has meaning to some people. Maybe Mayhew only shakes hands with people he respects.

A handshake in a personal relationship means something. In a business relationship it means you will continue to do what it takes to run your business.


September 23rd, 2011, 2:05 am
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
i guess that some people just like to guess what goes on behind closed doors because none of us actually know what has gone on between these 2 men. your talking like pioli runs the league or something when in reality he is probably on the hot seat and about to be fired. its amazing how everybody thinks that people should just be politically correct all the time. im more into people just being real, fock the politically correct, fock pioli, and fock the chiefs!

yup, thats right, i said it


September 23rd, 2011, 9:19 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
vankman79 wrote:
i guess that some people just like to guess what goes on behind closed doors because none of us actually know what has gone on between these 2 men. your talking like pioli runs the league or something when in reality he is probably on the hot seat and about to be fired. its amazing how everybody thinks that people should just be politically correct all the time. im more into people just being real, fock the politically correct, fock pioli, and fock the chiefs!

yup, thats right, i said it

And that is why you would not make a good businessman. What we "like" and what is good for the business are 2 different things. Personally, I would have liked it if he decked Pioli in the chops, but it certainly would not have been the prudent thing to do for the future of the Lions organization with Mayhew as the GM.


September 23rd, 2011, 11:12 am
Profile
Div 1 - Starter
User avatar

Joined: August 19th, 2010, 9:24 pm
Posts: 583
Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions vs. Chiefs
and thats the problem with fans, they speculate about business decisions that they dont know anything about. do you know why mayhew didnt shake his hand? no you dont, you can speculate but you dont have a clue. mayhew has been just fine so far so who is to say he is wrong in doing something petty like this. get over it, its not as big a deal as you seem to make it out to be.


September 23rd, 2011, 1:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: munch107, The Legend and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.