View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake Forest 
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake For
I read today that Curry was traded to the Raiders for some undisclosed draft picks. I didn't think the Raiders had many picks to trade, they are really going to be hurting come draft time.

October 12th, 2011, 4:28 pm
Afghan Allstar

I read that it was a 7th this year and a conditional next year depending on playing time.

October 12th, 2011, 8:55 pm
Team MVP

Wow.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

October 12th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I still think he'll be a great LB for somebody. You gotta wonder what the hell they do in SEA as far as personell and schematic fits. This is the same team that thought they had their QB of the future in Tavaris Jackson and then did'nt even make him compete for the job. The people who wanted Aaron Curry are no longer there so neither is Curry. I'm still glad we picked Stafford instead but he is not a bust yet. I think the problem is Seattle, not Aaron Curry.

I don't see how anyone thought taking a OLB would dramatically improve an 0-16 team.

October 13th, 2011, 1:18 am
RIP Killer

They also thought lojack wasn't good enough to be a part timer. He's borderline starter material

October 13th, 2011, 1:30 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Lojack had ankle season during the offseason and I noticed him being a little slow at times on his breaks. He's getting great push now, and he's starting to eat into KVB's snaps more as the year goes on. A young hungry DL is gonna be something to enjoy for quite some time.

October 13th, 2011, 3:23 am
Junior Varsity

No to change the subject, but Willie Young was looking really good the other night too.

October 13th, 2011, 11:13 pm
RIP Killer

WestCoastLionsFan wrote:
No to change the subject, but Willie Young was looking really good the other night too.

He was a steal. I'm so glad the Lions took him and not George Selvie, who I felt could have been a good NFL DE, but I believe he is not playing this year. Willie Young has improved by leaps and bounds.

October 13th, 2011, 11:23 pm
League MVP

not only is young playing great football with a lot of energy, he saved the team money by being able to step into Turk McBride's role. Replacing solid players with draft picks is how teams survive the test of time not just for age (mcbride only 4 months older than Young) but moreso bc of free agency/salary cap reasons - guys on second contracts tend to cost more than rookie contracts

October 14th, 2011, 12:08 am

Young might be our fastest guy off the edge

October 14th, 2011, 5:22 pm

The funny thing about Young is that he is still listed at 251 lbs despite looking like he's put on at least ten pounds.

October 14th, 2011, 8:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

Raiders set to Start Curry!

Quote:
Aaron Curry has an immediate opportunity to prove his doubters wrong.

Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported Friday that Curry will start for the Raiders on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, just days after Oakland swapped a pair of undisclosed draft picks to Seattle for the linebacker who failed to live up to expectations with the Seahawks

Curry will reportedly occupy the weakside linebacker spot -- replacing Quentin Groves. It's an adjustment for Curry, who mainly occupied the strongside in his two-plus seasons with Seattle.

The Raiders haven't been timid about reshaping their linebacking unit. Before last season, they shipped Kirk Morrison to the Jacksonville Jaguars and traded with the Cleveland Browns for Kamerion Wimbley, who started 16 games for Oakland in 2010 and is off to a promising start this year.

"#12thman thanks for all the support! #RaiderNation #blackhole I'm Depending on you to provide energy," tweeted Curry, who was touted as a can't-miss prospect in the 2009 draft, going fourth overall, but struggled to make an impact in Seattle.

Curry was acquired just days after the passing of Al Davis, but this is the type of reclamation project the former Raiders owner relished. It's a new start for Curry, and he's being asked to deliver right out of the chute.

October 14th, 2011, 8:52 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

In a defense that he isn't asked to go into coverage, Curry will be productive. His glaring issue is his complete lack of coverage ability where he's a huge liability. As a pure pass rusher, he's gifted. The problem is that Seattle isn't one of the few defenses that would allow him to do that. Most won't, but for what Oakland gave up, it was worth the chance.

October 15th, 2011, 2:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5