View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake Forest 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake For
Ferris wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Stallion wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Stallion wrote:
I was driving the draft Matthew Stafford band wagon and it seemed about 90% of the people on the forum wanted Curry. That being said Stafford needs to stay healthy for an entire season before I feel vindicated.

It does seem kind of amazing how average Curry is.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked by that too. I was figuring Curry to be at least a really good linebacker in the NFL, not necessarily a perennial Pro Bowler, but at least an impact player. He's been pretty much a dud.

Certainly not the first time I've been wrong about a player.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar. I mean I thought McFadden was going to be a complete and utter failure :^o

You think thats bad? I thought Clausen was the better of the two QB prospects between him and Bradford........(OUCH!)

Yeh, I thought Bradford would be better than Stafford. #-o love being wrong !

I have been wrong a number of times, but I've also been right at times as well. I had a strong feeling that both Leinart and Vince Young wouldn't be great NFL QBs. But then again, I thought Matt Ryan wouldn't be that great, or that David Carr would be really good. You just never know.

I think it's much too early to tell between Stafford and Bradford. I think Matt's got the better arm, but Bradford is more mobile and really doesn't have the weapons that Matt has right now. In truth, I'd like to see both of them excel, because they both seem like very down to earth guys. Mark Sanchez, on the other hand, seems to be a bit more of a pompous type, and I want to see that entire team go down in flames.

September 21st, 2011, 2:55 pm
QB Coach

Wow, Curry got demoted to 2nd string! Who would've thought?

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2011/09/22/lb-aaron-curry-demoted-in-favor-of-k-j-wright/

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

September 22nd, 2011, 4:56 pm
RIP Killer

Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I'm smelling LoJack Trade Part Deux with the Seahawks. A 6th rounder for Curry sounds about right. Come on Mayhew you can do it.

September 22nd, 2011, 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Curry has been playing fairly well - not #4 overall well by any means, but well enough to keep a starting gig. It's apparent Pete doesn't have long term plans for curry after this year, since they redid his contract to make him extremely cut-able this offseason.

September 22nd, 2011, 5:14 pm
Junior Varsity

conversion02 wrote:
Curry has been playing fairly well - not #4 overall well by any means, but well enough to keep a starting gig.

I sort of thought the same thing, he hasn't been terrible. I think this is the beginning of the end of him in Seattle. Slowly but surely Carrol will do to the Seagulls what Josh McDaniels did to Denver.

September 22nd, 2011, 6:38 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Pablo wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

I'm smelling LoJack Trade Part Deux with the Seahawks. A 6th rounder for Curry sounds about right. Come on Mayhew you can do it.

He canb't trade our 6th rounder. We are playoff bound. So, KC gets our 6th rounder. :evil:

September 22nd, 2011, 7:26 pm
Heisman Winner

For a 6 sure. but who do you think he will displace? I'm not sure he starts here right now...

September 22nd, 2011, 7:59 pm
RIP Killer

Demoted? That seems like nonsense.

September 22nd, 2011, 8:12 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

steensn wrote:
Demoted? That seems like nonsense.

Not really. Not if you have watched him. He would likely be our #5 LB if he came here right now behind our starters and Carpenter.

September 22nd, 2011, 8:49 pm
NFL Team Captain

Pablo wrote:
Touchdown Jesus wrote:

Pablo - I was thinking the same thing when I saw the article that he had been demoted.

I was on the Curry bandwagon, but I was also pissed that we passed on Patrick Willis, so I claim insanity.

September 22nd, 2011, 11:19 pm
All State

Yeah, gonna have to eat crow for that one too. I wanted Curry much more over Stafford at the time because I felt that Curry was a "100% safe bet" pick, and Stafford wasn't necessarily the answer and I didn't want to see them take a QB in an attempt to try and fill the seats but fail to meet the needs of the rest of the team. I was concerned about the reported accuracy issues, etc that he had in college too.

Well now I think we can safely say that they made the right decision "If He Stays Healthy" (I'm just going to start calling Stafford I.H.S.H from now on I think). I don't necessarily think that Curry is a "bust", but I think he hasn't lived up to being a Top 5 pick either. Too lofty expectations for him perhaps.

September 23rd, 2011, 2:14 am
Pro Bowl Player

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Yeah, gonna have to eat crow for that one too. I wanted Curry much more over Stafford at the time because I felt that Curry was a "100% safe bet" pick, and Stafford wasn't necessarily the answer and I didn't want to see them take a QB in an attempt to try and fill the seats but fail to meet the needs of the rest of the team. I was concerned about the reported accuracy issues, etc that he had in college too. ucp.php?mode=logout

Well now I think we can safely say that they made the right decision "If He Stays Healthy" (I'm just going to start calling Stafford I.H.S.H from now on I think). I don't necessarily think that Curry is a "bust", but I think he hasn't lived up to being a Top 5 pick either. Too lofty expectations for him perhaps.

LOL @ I.H.S.H.!!! I prefer U.H.G.H.!!! until he gets hurt! UHGH is the sound we'll all be making

September 23rd, 2011, 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Looks like we found Tulloch's replacement when he leaves for a big-money deal.

September 23rd, 2011, 6:47 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

thelomasbrowns wrote:

Levy has been with us for years.

September 23rd, 2011, 7:25 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Levy has been with us for years.

levy is already on the field. playing a spot he's better suited for.

September 24th, 2011, 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next