View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake Forest 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Anybody here still wishing you had drafted that Wake For
regularjoe12 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
Looks like we found Tulloch's replacement when he leaves for a big-money deal.

Levy has been with us for years.

levy is already on the field. playing a spot he's better suited for.

In truth, Levy hasn't really been impressive this season. Maybe he's still transitioning? He just hasn't been as impactful as Durant.

September 24th, 2011, 11:47 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

that's true. Durant has been a nice suprise to me so far.

September 24th, 2011, 11:49 am
RIP Killer

Levy's been the worst of the bunch this year. Average at best. Hopefully it's still that 'transition period' and not a sign of how he'll play on the outside. If this is how he is on the outside, maybe he should be traded and we should draft a olb next year.

September 24th, 2011, 1:23 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

regularjoe12 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

You can say and feel whatever you feel like saying and feeling. The coaching staff has made it abundantly clear Levy's future lies at MLB with this team.

September 24th, 2011, 2:40 pm
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

You can say and feel whatever you feel like saying and feeling. The coaching staff has made it abundantly clear Levy's future lies at MLB with this team.

Then why did they go out and get someone to replace him at the mike and move him outside to his more natural position??

September 24th, 2011, 4:23 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

conversion02 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

Then why did they go out and get someone to replace him at the mike and move him outside to his more natural position??

They got the guy that was available. They did the same thing with Larry Foote. Or do we forget so easily?

EDIT: and if the outside is so much more natural to him, then why did he play better last year when he was in the middle, than he has this year while on the outside?

September 24th, 2011, 5:16 pm

They didnt just "get somebody". they targeted a guy, and signed him. Don't go thinking that because of the short contract that Tullock is only being thought of as a stop gap. Teams are going to get a lot of extra cap space next year. Not to mention CJ's contract will be worked out into a long deal that will be back loaded. Most likley next year will be a smaller burden on the cap than it is this year. The short terms of the contract was quite intentional, and in no way shape or form means that the plans for either of these guys is short term.

It simply doesnt make sense to think you have your guy at mike, only to move him outside for a year so that a stop gap can play there instead.

Lets not be so quick to poo poo all over Levy outside. dont forget that it was a shorter preseason than most and Levy didnt find out he was playing outside untill awwwfully close to the season starting. That was what, 6 weeks? 7 weeks ago? give a kid a chance to adjust. if he still isn't playing as well come week 8 or 9, go ahead and start the complaining. but it's just too premature right now.

September 24th, 2011, 9:45 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I never lobbied for a player so hard in my life. I knew Stafford would be at least an above average qb. I also knew he was the only one that had a shot at living up to that slot. It seemed like the whole city of Detroit was against me. Stafford looks like the player I thought he would be. Let's hope he can keep it going

September 24th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I think Levy is doin his job.

September 24th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Levy isn't playing like a standout, but he's getting the job done. He's performing like an average starter right now and that's okay. He could be the MLB again if Tulloch leaves. However, if the staff thinks someone else is better suited for the middle (as they feel Tulloch is obviously) they're going to use that player there and keep Levy outside. That's the difference between Tulloch and Foote. They only intended Foote to be a stopgap until Levy took over. They targeted Tulloch as a free agent, played around with various combinations in the preseason and decided Tulloch as MLB and Levy as OLB made most sense. Even if they lose Tulloch in free agency the same decision could be made with another player coming in.

September 24th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

regularjoe12 wrote:
They didnt just "get somebody". they targeted a guy, and signed him. Don't go thinking that because of the short contract that Tullock is only being thought of as a stop gap. Teams are going to get a lot of extra cap space next year. Not to mention CJ's contract will be worked out into a long deal that will be back loaded. Most likley next year will be a smaller burden on the cap than it is this year. The short terms of the contract was quite intentional, and in no way shape or form means that the plans for either of these guys is short term.

It simply doesnt make sense to think you have your guy at mike, only to move him outside for a year so that a stop gap can play there instead.

Lets not be so quick to poo poo all over Levy outside. dont forget that it was a shorter preseason than most and Levy didnt find out he was playing outside untill awwwfully close to the season starting. That was what, 6 weeks? 7 weeks ago? give a kid a chance to adjust. if he still isn't playing as well come week 8 or 9, go ahead and start the complaining. but it's just too premature right now.

Well then, I guess Schwartz, Gunther and Mayhew are all liars and you know better. My bad.

September 24th, 2011, 10:32 pm

FootballPhreak wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:

Well then, I guess Schwartz, Gunther and Mayhew are all liars and you know better. My bad.

uhhh??? what the?? where the heck did you?? how did?? huh??????

September 24th, 2011, 10:53 pm
League MVP

FootballPhreak wrote:
conversion02 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

They got the guy that was available. They did the same thing with Larry Foote. Or do we forget so easily?

EDIT: and if the outside is so much more natural to him, then why did he play better last year when he was in the middle, than he has this year while on the outside?

Levy has played very poorly. He is not anywhere near the physical player he was as a rookie. Last season he had some lingering injuries so I attributed it to that but now I just think that he is not a very good NFL linebacker. His biggest weakness is vs the run because he has a slow recognition time and just doesnt play very agressively. Normally he is good in coverage which is his strength but he bites on play action and opens up routes behind him. I honestly would not mind seeing Ashlee Palmer play for him on run downs, Palmer is much more physical and can make plays downhill vs the run which Levy for whatever reason does not do.

Compare Levy to the other linebackers and he plays at a much slower pace, Durant was all over the field last week him and Tulloch can knife through two lead blockers and still make plays. Those two are very good, on the other hand, KVB can beat the Offensive tackle and take on the fullback and Levy will still underpursue or overpursue and miss the tackle. If it was just that, whatever, you could say that he just isnt as good as those two but at times he is very shy about contact and plays like he is afraid to get his jersey dirty. He is the biggest disappointment so far in the season but again I picked up on this last season during the TB game which was made fun of bc he ended up making what was essentially a game winning INT.

September 25th, 2011, 12:14 am
League MVP

BTW the Lions would be crazy to let Tulloch or Durant hit free agency

September 25th, 2011, 12:15 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Pablo wrote:
I'm smelling LoJack Trade Part Deux with the Seahawks. A 6th rounder for Curry sounds about right. Come on Mayhew you can do it.

And pick up the remainder of his 4th overall pick contract? I don't think so. Of course, he could always restructure his contract, but I think it's much more likely that he'd be released before being traded.

The Legend wrote:
BTW the Lions would be crazy to let Tulloch or Durant hit free agency

Durant signed for two years, so they don't have to worry about him just yet. Tulloch, on the other hand, could get interesting. Even with a salary cap increase, the Lions won't be able to sign all of their free agents. UFAs include Avril, Tulloch, Wright, Backus, Shaun Hill, Stanton, Morris, Stovall, Davis, Carpenter, Coleman, Fluellen, Muhlbach, and Ekejiuba. RFAs include Sammie Hill, Levy, Hilliard, Palmer, and Logan. I'm not so sure they'll be able to fit Tulloch in, depending upon what he's asking for.

September 27th, 2011, 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next