View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 7:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How many times will the Lions get Flexed? 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
How many times will the Lions get flexed into the NBC Sunday night prime time game?

If they continue on the path they are on, It will happen a few times this year. I can almost guarantee the Lions Vs. Green Bay @ Lambaugh will be flexed due to playoff implications.


September 19th, 2011, 10:52 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2631
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
There are only 6 possible flex-in games. I find it unlikely that the Lions would get flexed in more than once.

Possible games that can be shifted:

NYJ vs NE
PHI vs NYG
PIT vs KC
IND vs NE
NYG vs DAL
BAL vs SD

The first game and the last two are extremely unlikely to be flexed. The third game is thanksgiving, so the Lions cannot be flexed in.

That leaves games against Carolina and New Orleans. I think the NO vs DET game would then be most likely.


September 19th, 2011, 11:46 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
That would be so cool if we got a Sunday Night game, hope it happens.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


September 19th, 2011, 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2631
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
Actually, went and checked and week 17 is eligible for flexing. Week 16 is not, however. So yes, the GB vs DET game could be a SNF game.


September 19th, 2011, 11:53 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
Blueskies wrote:
Actually, went and checked and week 17 is eligible for flexing. Week 16 is not, however. So yes, the GB vs DET game could be a SNF game.


I don't really know that I would want that game flexed though. It will be cold enough as a day time game. After the sun goes down, it is just inhumane to make people play outdoors then. LOL.


September 19th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Joined: March 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Posts: 2186
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
I'm glad we got that game on week 17. If we are gonna be a great team(there are no more excuses really now that we have a QB), than that game could be a perfect catalyst for a playoff run because we may have to go back there for what will for sure be a night game. When I first saw the schedule and saw that we went to Lambaeu on week 17, I just had visions of the last time we ended our season there :-({|= . But f*** it, as long as we are execising demons, I can't wait for that game.

PS. anyone else glad that we get our bye right in the middle of the season in week 9?

_________________
Matthew Stafford is the only player in NFL history who is allowed to smoke cigarettes in the team huddle. He just chooses not to


September 20th, 2011, 12:13 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer
User avatar

Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm
Posts: 203
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
It is about time we got that bye in the middle of the season. With the schedule NFL douches gave us good thing. I'd love to see some sunday night prime time action cause i normally work sunday's. But as someone just said playing in lambeau after dark would be just plain mean!!!

_________________
Formerly yzermanx3.


September 20th, 2011, 7:44 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
Imagine if the Lions and Packers are tied for the division lead heading into the final week. How could they NOT flex that to SNF?

_________________
Image


September 21st, 2011, 4:46 pm
Profile
Online
Mr. Irrelevant
User avatar

Joined: February 28th, 2007, 12:13 pm
Posts: 962
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
slybri19 wrote:
Imagine if the Lions and Packers are tied for the division lead heading into the final week. How could they NOT flex that to SNF?


Winning

_________________
If you think education is tough, try being stoopid.


September 21st, 2011, 7:22 pm
Profile
All State
User avatar

Joined: December 12th, 2008, 1:42 am
Posts: 349
Location: Michiana
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
I'd love to see the Division come down to week 17 vs. the Packers. Part of me keeps thinking that I should what it takes to get tickets for that game NOW since I live in Appleton. I'd also really like to see them at Soldier Field too, and I have the feeling that it would be cheaper to get those tickets, especially if the Bears suck by that point.

_________________
Same Old Lions, just a different year....


September 22nd, 2011, 2:14 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
We might be getting flexed Lions vs. Saints in week 13.

NBC dumped the Colts vs. the Patriots game.

The thinking is that Fox will protect the Packers vs. the Giants game. CBS will protect the Bengals vs. Steelers game.

This would leave Falcons vs. Texans as the only other real possibility to be flexed.


November 9th, 2011, 11:01 am
Profile
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Joined: September 5th, 2006, 12:30 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
BillySims wrote:
We might be getting flexed Lions vs. Saints in week 13.

NBC dumped the Colts vs. the Patriots game.

The thinking is that Fox will protect the Packers vs. the Giants game. CBS will protect the Bengals vs. Steelers game.

This would leave Falcons vs. Texans as the only other real possibility to be flexed.


Does this mean we might get a Sunday night game?

_________________
"When you eat crow, if you put barbecue on it, it's not so bad."-Brady Hoke


November 9th, 2011, 1:11 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We might be getting flexed Lions vs. Saints in week 13.

NBC dumped the Colts vs. the Patriots game.

The thinking is that Fox will protect the Packers vs. the Giants game. CBS will protect the Bengals vs. Steelers game.

This would leave Falcons vs. Texans as the only other real possibility to be flexed.


Does this mean we might get a Sunday night game?


YES. NBC does the Sunday night game of the week.


November 9th, 2011, 10:10 pm
Profile
1st Round Pick
User avatar

Joined: May 8th, 2010, 4:25 pm
Posts: 1292
Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
BillySims wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We might be getting flexed Lions vs. Saints in week 13.

NBC dumped the Colts vs. the Patriots game.

The thinking is that Fox will protect the Packers vs. the Giants game. CBS will protect the Bengals vs. Steelers game.

This would leave Falcons vs. Texans as the only other real possibility to be flexed.


Does this mean we might get a Sunday night game?


YES. NBC does the Sunday night game of the week.


Lately I found the SNF games to suck.

_________________
Image

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U


November 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2010, 9:54 pm
Posts: 2271
Post Re: How many times will the Lions get Flexed?
Lions2SB2 wrote:
BillySims wrote:
grgrundge wrote:
BillySims wrote:
We might be getting flexed Lions vs. Saints in week 13.

NBC dumped the Colts vs. the Patriots game.

The thinking is that Fox will protect the Packers vs. the Giants game. CBS will protect the Bengals vs. Steelers game.

This would leave Falcons vs. Texans as the only other real possibility to be flexed.


Does this mean we might get a Sunday night game?


YES. NBC does the Sunday night game of the week.


Lately I found the SNF games to suck.


Last week's was great.

_________________
Driver of the Jim Caldwell bandwagon. Climb aboard.


November 10th, 2011, 12:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Footsoldier32, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.