View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 9:30 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Backus still taking some heat... 
Author Message
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Quote:
preposterous


M2, he apparently doesnt understand this whole thing they call football, so I wouldnt throw big words at him, you might REALLY confuse him.

:lol:

That might hurt my feelings if he had a real point.



Funny thing is, HE DOES. You just dont get that.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 2nd, 2011, 2:15 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
Phreak,

I don't think you are a dumb person. I've read some of your posts and it's not that you are proposing something completely off the wall. Backus hasn't played real well, that much everyone agrees on.

But let's face facts here....you've made some statements that are just plain untrue. You've stated that Cherilus and Backus had played an equal amount of time in the first three games. Now, I don't know where you get your information from, but that is simply untrue. You've said that Hilliard played better than Backus at left tackle. Hilliard played less than one quarter of football at left tackle. Now, if you want to compare that to the worst quarter of football Backus has played this season, you'd be right......if that were the only sample size you have. But it isn't.
You continue to claim that Backus was removed from the game against KC due to his giving up two QB pressures....not sacks, not hits....pressures. And despite our EVIDENCE to the contrary on the reason he was taken out, you continue to spew against that evidence, as if you alone know the true reason why.

Now, like I've said, I don't think you are dumb. But I do think you are now being too hard-headed to admit you are wrong. I'm stubborn, and I don't like admitting when I'm wrong....but I don't stick with an argument when the masses are against me.

Funny thing is, last season at this time it was I who was saying that the Lions may want to consider, just consider mind you, trading Backus and CJ to San Diego for Marcus McNeill, Vincent Jackson and a draft pick. I don't believe I was wrong in stating that the Lions should consider it, but it would have been the wrong move to make, as both CJ and Backus stepped up their games.

So you can sit there and hold fast to your position if you'd like. However, your reasoning and information is just plain wrong, but you won't admit that much. In the end, that's really the dumbest thing you are doing.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


October 2nd, 2011, 6:46 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 7:31 am
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: December 8th, 2008, 3:16 pm
Posts: 785
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
I think our line played really good yesterday. Even when we ran the ball there were holes. Stafford got hit a few times but it's the NFL...Quarterbacks are going to get hit. I really think Minnesota was just the fact Jared Allen usually does dominate us. Every game we play the Vikings he erupts into superman.

Anyone else feel that Keiland Williams is going to get some more touches? The dude was exploding into the holes yesterday. I know he's not fast but he gets in there quick and can usually get a good 4 yards a pop with the occasional 7-10 yarder.


October 3rd, 2011, 9:17 am
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
kdsberman wrote:
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.


Somehow Backus looked better with his 2 penalties and # of pressures and sacks?

Closing the case is.....very closed minded.


October 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Michigan
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
hamma77 wrote:
I think our line played really good yesterday. Even when we ran the ball there were holes. Stafford got hit a few times but it's the NFL...Quarterbacks are going to get hit. I really think Minnesota was just the fact Jared Allen usually does dominate us. Every game we play the Vikings he erupts into superman.

Anyone else feel that Keiland Williams is going to get some more touches? The dude was exploding into the holes yesterday. I know he's not fast but he gets in there quick and can usually get a good 4 yards a pop with the occasional 7-10 yarder.



When the Lions have and maintain some leads, I think we run alot more with Kwill. But in the situation we have been in the last two weeks, we needed alot more than 4 to 10 yards a pop. I think with Best teams are forced to play both the run and the screen and it might open up the field a little more.

Still though, I ve liked what Ive seen from Kwill so far.

_________________
[b]New York Giants 26 - San Fransisco 3 - CandleStick Park - Who's got it better than us???[/b]


October 3rd, 2011, 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
hamma77 wrote:
I think our line played really good yesterday. Even when we ran the ball there were holes. Stafford got hit a few times but it's the NFL...Quarterbacks are going to get hit. I really think Minnesota was just the fact Jared Allen usually does dominate us. Every game we play the Vikings he erupts into superman.

Anyone else feel that Keiland Williams is going to get some more touches? The dude was exploding into the holes yesterday. I know he's not fast but he gets in there quick and can usually get a good 4 yards a pop with the occasional 7-10 yarder.


I'm sorry; I just can't agree with this. "really good" is subjective but sounds like a B/B+ grade to me and the O-Line simply didn't play that well. This was a C/C+ outing at best. Although I'll give them that it was better than last week.

This O-Line is just not ready to challenge the elite defenses (or even the elite individuals) let alone beat them. Backus proved that last week against Allen and again yesterday vs. Ware.

They still have far to many miscues; tackles in the backfield on running plays, and, collapsed pockets resulting in hurried passes. Honestly, there are plays where it looked like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie were protecting Stafford. And they may of well have been.

This line is average on their very best days and yesterday might be a good example of that. You / They have to set their sights higher and expect more. What we have won't get us very far if we even make the playoffs.

_________________
Image


October 3rd, 2011, 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.


Somehow Backus looked better with his 2 penalties and # of pressures and sacks?

Closing the case is.....very closed minded.



Ya and how did Hilliard look? Do you STILL think hes a better option? He looked like a clown when put in there. Give it up, Backus aint going anywhere.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
kdsberman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.


Somehow Backus looked better with his 2 penalties and # of pressures and sacks?

Closing the case is.....very closed minded.



Ya and how did Hilliard look? Do you STILL think hes a better option? He looked like a clown when put in there. Give it up, Backus aint going anywhere.

Hilliard did not look any worse than Backus. Backus looked like a clown out there.

And I have nothing to give up, it makes perfect sense to give something new a try when what you have is not working. Well, at least it does to anyone with even an ounce of logic.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:51 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Offense

Joined: September 25th, 2007, 3:20 am
Posts: 2828
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.


Somehow Backus looked better with his 2 penalties and # of pressures and sacks?

Closing the case is.....very closed minded.


ZERO sacks. 2 hits, 3 pressures. All game. We understand you disliking Backus, and agree that he isn't playing well, but you can't pull sacks out of thin air in the Dallas game.

Hilliard came in for a few snaps and got bulldozed. Backus was being checked for something in his eye and as soon as he was cleared he returned. Not so clownish.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:53 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9988
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
And I have nothing to give up, it makes perfect sense to give something new a try when what you have is not working. Well, at least it does to anyone with even an ounce of logic.


The Lions are 4-0, therefore it IS working...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

_________________
I will not put on blinders when it comes to our QBs performances.


October 3rd, 2011, 2:54 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Ya Hilliard really looked good today in his short time at LT :roll:

Any further questions?

Backus is our best option at LT, case closed.


Somehow Backus looked better with his 2 penalties and # of pressures and sacks?

Closing the case is.....very closed minded.



Ya and how did Hilliard look? Do you STILL think hes a better option? He looked like a clown when put in there. Give it up, Backus aint going anywhere.

Hilliard did not look any worse than Backus. Backus looked like a clown out there.

And I have nothing to give up, it makes perfect sense to give something new a try when what you have is not working. Well, at least it does to anyone with even an ounce of logic.



Seems to me its working! Seems to most everyone on this board its working. Seems to Schwartz and the Lions organization that its working. There is a reason Hilliard is not starting. Get that in your head.

Im assuming, due to FootballPhreaks ways of doing things, that we should start Willie Young now over KVB, cuz Young got a sack yesterday and KVB didnt. RIGHT??

You are are unbelievable.

Go check out YouTube, im sure you can learn some football knowledge on there, and when you do, then come back.

Phenomenal :roll:

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm
Profile
Varsity Benchwarmer

Joined: January 18th, 2010, 7:54 am
Posts: 207
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
kdsberman wrote:
Seems to me its working! Seems to most everyone on this board its working. Seems to Schwartz and the Lions organization that its working. There is a reason Hilliard is not starting. Get that in your head.

Im assuming, due to FootballPhreaks ways of doing things, that we should start Willie Young now over KVB, cuz Young got a sack yesterday and KVB didnt. RIGHT??

You are are unbelievable.

Go check out YouTube, im sure you can learn some football knowledge on there, and when you do, then come back.

Phenomenal :roll:

Seems to me you are making up things again and you just sound silly. This topic was not started by me, nor am I the only one to post my negative feelings about the line in it. There fore it would appear your claims that most on the board are happy with it are blatantly false. The worst part is you are posting in the very thread that makes you a liar. Secondly, if Schwartz was happy, he would not be benching players. So that makes your second comment blatantly false. Hilliard HAS gotten starts, so your third comment is blatantly false. Besides, the whole purpose of what is supposed to be a debate is to figure out if he does deserve more starting opportunities. But Some people prefer to fabricate lies and claim his opinion is god, therefore no debate is needed. Good game plan, not sure why this message board exists since no debate is needed and you are the only person that is right. Get it OUT of your head

And your Willie Young example is quite silly and truly shows your lack of football knowledge. If sacks is the onluy way you judge the effectiveness of a DE, then you have a ton to learn my friend. Willie has not been near as effective as KVB, if he had I might consider calling for KVB's head also. But then again, you think Backus is clearly our best option because once again all you are looking at is sack numbers, so I guess the ignorance really should not surprise me.

You're unbelievable.

Not sure why I would watch youtube when I send away for tons of game tape and save nearly every game after recording it. But hey, your knowledge really does show you are close friends with youtube.

You are cute though, can't wait to see your next pack of lies, it really is quite humorous. :lol:


October 3rd, 2011, 3:19 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9549
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
Hilliard did not look any worse than Backus. Backus looked like a clown out there.

And I have nothing to give up, it makes perfect sense to give something new a try when what you have is not working. Well, at least it does to anyone with even an ounce of logic.


Gotta say watching it live it was scary with Backus in there and downright exorcist-type frightening with Hilliard trying to block Ware. If I had to pick my posion, at least for this game, I'd go with Backus.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


October 3rd, 2011, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post Re: Backus still taking some heat...
FootballPhreak wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Seems to me its working! Seems to most everyone on this board its working. Seems to Schwartz and the Lions organization that its working. There is a reason Hilliard is not starting. Get that in your head.

Im assuming, due to FootballPhreaks ways of doing things, that we should start Willie Young now over KVB, cuz Young got a sack yesterday and KVB didnt. RIGHT??

You are are unbelievable.

Go check out YouTube, im sure you can learn some football knowledge on there, and when you do, then come back.

Phenomenal :roll:

Seems to me you are making up things again and you just sound silly. This topic was not started by me, nor am I the only one to post my negative feelings about the line in it. There fore it would appear your claims that most on the board are happy with it are blatantly false. The worst part is you are posting in the very thread that makes you a liar. Secondly, if Schwartz was happy, he would not be benching players. So that makes your second comment blatantly false. Hilliard HAS gotten starts, so your third comment is blatantly false. Besides, the whole purpose of what is supposed to be a debate is to figure out if he does deserve more starting opportunities. But Some people prefer to fabricate lies and claim his opinion is god, therefore no debate is needed. Good game plan, not sure why this message board exists since no debate is needed and you are the only person that is right. Get it OUT of your head

And your Willie Young example is quite silly and truly shows your lack of football knowledge. If sacks is the onluy way you judge the effectiveness of a DE, then you have a ton to learn my friend. Willie has not been near as effective as KVB, if he had I might consider calling for KVB's head also. But then again, you think Backus is clearly our best option because once again all you are looking at is sack numbers, so I guess the ignorance really should not surprise me.

You're unbelievable.

Not sure why I would watch youtube when I send away for tons of game tape and save nearly every game after recording it. But hey, your knowledge really does show you are close friends with youtube.

You are cute though, can't wait to see your next pack of lies, it really is quite humorous. :lol:



The Willie Young thing was an example, but its no surprise I have to explain that to you.

Im saying Hilliard starting at LEFT TACKLE.

Ive been in and around football my entire life and definetly dont need some kid (which im sure you are) telling me that I need to improve. Thats just funny!

Send away for game tape he says...

Let me ask you this ya stud, why do YOU suppose Backus is starting? Dont you think that they obviously know he is our best option?

And other than sack numbers (there, ya happy?), that again shows your level of knowledge when looking at other statistics and solely blaming it on the left tackle.

I get it...you are on of those "every day football fans" that think because if we cant run the ball or the QB is getting sacked, its GOTTA be the left tackles fault.

Like I said, YouTube is one click away, Im sure you can learn something on that. Cuz apparently this board isnt doing you and good. Its too advanced for you.

_________________
April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.


Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011


October 3rd, 2011, 3:36 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.