View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 4:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 blitz question 
RIP Killer

Post Re: blitz question
njroar wrote:
Oh I agree. Backus was still responsible for 2 of those sacks. Jared got 3. Sims did get credited for the one. 2 were from Robison on Gos and Hilliard. And yes the numbers are very misleading, but telling. Peterman has done better than Sims in the passing game, but in the running game its a mirror image. The left side remains the best side to run, just like last year. But when teams know that you can beat Peterman and Gos 1 on 1 in the running game, its easy to stack more to the left side and make the running game a pot luck of breaking anything.

Biggest improvements in the line would be to replace Petermann, then Backus followed by Raoila, but due to our possible position in the draft, G or C is going to be the only value pick unless we end up trading up.

I think the Lions are going to have to seriously consider the latter. They wanted to trade up for Peterson (thank God Arizona nixed that deal) and I think they are going to have to give a strong consideration to moving up for an offensive tackle. Backus needs to be replaced, no doubt about it. His regression this season is beyond noticeable, it's damn near frightening.

But, I still contend that these last two games have been more about the change in Stafford's play than that of the offensive line.

October 29th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3