View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 12:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions Vs. ViQueens. 
League MVP

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions Vs. ViQueens.
the back breaker was the score before the half otherwise the lions win this one in a blowout

September 27th, 2011, 2:09 pm
National Champion

FootballPhreak wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Well, atleast they won, and that's something to be hopeful for. In the past, they would have given up and the comeback would not have been possible. In the end, a win is a win, and you take it no matter how you can get it.

While I would have liked to have seen better OL play, better communication between Stafford and the receivers, and better tackling on defense, it wasn't meant to be today. They still Freaking won and that's all that matters. I just hope that they can work on and improve on those issues though.

Ok, I'm not gonna desput the lack of running game, or the O-Line problems, or SLH... but Stafford completed nearly 70% of his passes yesterday. What the hell do you want?

Also, we are 3-0...for the first time I can remember (I was only 6 years old in 1980). We are winning. We overcame a 20-0 deficiet, and cameout on top. Haven't played anyone? Um, TB dosn't look all that bad at 2-1. KC nearly beat the Chargers yesterday, and the Vikes...well, they've had early leads in every game. It's like some of you can't even be happy when we win. You are so geared to be misrible you couldn't be happy when we are on top. Are we going 16-0? I doubt it, but dang we really could win 10 or dare I say 11 games this year.

My point is, let the coaches beat our players up for mistakes...why can't we, as fans, just enjoy a win, for once...

My bad, I thought message boards were a source of debate about our favorite teams......Oh wait.... IT IS.

What do think i'm doing now?

Debate is one thing. Whining when we win is just being a downer...

September 27th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Team MVP

Hystrix wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Well, atleast they won, and that's something to be hopeful for. In the past, they would have given up and the comeback would not have been possible. In the end, a win is a win, and you take it no matter how you can get it.

While I would have liked to have seen better OL play, better communication between Stafford and the receivers, and better tackling on defense, it wasn't meant to be today. They still Freaking won and that's all that matters. I just hope that they can work on and improve on those issues though.

Ok, I'm not gonna desput the lack of running game, or the O-Line problems, or SLH... but Stafford completed nearly 70% of his passes yesterday. What the hell do you want?

Also, we are 3-0...for the first time I can remember (I was only 6 years old in 1980). We are winning. We overcame a 20-0 deficiet, and cameout on top. Haven't played anyone? Um, TB dosn't look all that bad at 2-1. KC nearly beat the Chargers yesterday, and the Vikes...well, they've had early leads in every game. It's like some of you can't even be happy when we win. You are so geared to be misrible you couldn't be happy when we are on top. Are we going 16-0? I doubt it, but dang we really could win 10 or dare I say 11 games this year.

My point is, let the coaches beat our players up for mistakes...why can't we, as fans, just enjoy a win, for once...

My bad, I thought message boards were a source of debate about our favorite teams......Oh wait.... IT IS.

AGREE.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 27th, 2011, 2:46 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Hystrix wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
slybri19 wrote:

Pointing out flaws in an imperfect team is being realistic. Just because you won does not mean the team was god's gift. Whining is telling others they cannot debate about the things that did go wrong.

September 27th, 2011, 3:54 pm
National Champion

FootballPhreak wrote:
Pointing out flaws in an imperfect team is being realistic. Just because you won does not mean the team was god's gift. Whining is telling others they cannot debate about the things that did go wrong.

No it isn't.

Realism is great, but the same day we won, giving us better starting record than we've had in 30 years, and betting a team we haven't beat in thier stadium in 13, people starting moans about "Backus isn't playing well." Or Stsafford isn't connecting with recivers." I feel like I am back on this site in 2008 when we couldn't buy a win. Now we are on a 7 game win streak going back to last year, and people complain because we were getting beat in the first half. Nevermind that we came back and won. Nevermind that we overcame adversity (witch is, ironicly, what some of you guys were saying we NEEDED to do). No, no, let's just bitch cause we didn't win by 30.

Looik this team isn't close to perfect. I know that. But they are doing what they have to, to win. At what point can you be happy for this team?

September 27th, 2011, 4:04 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Hystrix wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

No it isn't.

Realism is great, but the same day we won, giving us better starting record than we've had in 30 years, and betting a team we haven't beat in thier stadium in 13, people starting moans about "Backus isn't playing well." Or Stsafford isn't connecting with recivers." I feel like I am back on this site in 2008 when we couldn't buy a win. Now we are on a 7 game win streak going back to last year, and people complain because we were getting beat in the first half. Nevermind that we came back and won. Nevermind that we overcame adversity (witch is, ironicly, what some of you guys were saying we NEEDED to do). No, no, let's just bitch cause we didn't win by 30.

Looik this team isn't close to perfect. I know that. But they are doing what they have to, to win. At what point can you be happy for this team?

Well, why don't you point out what you disagree with instead of whining then?

Because Backus IS playing like garbage. You must be blind if all you saw was a statline that said 0 sacks last week.

September 27th, 2011, 4:24 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Hystrix, since you seem to be freaking out over my post more than any other, allow me to clarify myself. I call em like I see em, I don't sugarcoat anything, and I refuse to eat cornbread or drink Kool-Aid. If that offends you, sorry, but I attempt to live in the real world where unicorns don't crap rainbows and bad play is called out for being exactly what it is. While I'm happy that they won, I'm nowhere near ready to proclaim them the greatest team in the history of the world like some folks seem to be doing. Just trying to be realistic here.

September 27th, 2011, 5:12 pm
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
Because Backus IS playing like garbage. You must be blind if all you saw was a statline that said 0 sacks last week.

Let me ask you, why is it ONLY Backus you are pointing out? Do you realize that the ENTIRE offensive line played poorly Sunday? Do you realize that ENTIRE offensive line didn't play all that well against the Chiefs or Bucs?

You keep harping about Backus, but he certainly isn't the only one who missed blocks, or who committed penalties, etc.

And if you think you are the only person on this forum that has noticed the chinks in the armor of this team, you are sorely mistaken. You are just the one who chooses to go on and on about it just moments after the Lions won the game, instead of allowing the opportunity to celebrate the victory in spite of the problems being experienced on BOTH sides of the ball.

Honestly, you remind me of all these draftniks who kept INSISTING the Lions had to get offensive linemen because they couldn't protect the quarterback, after they finished the season ranked sixth lowest in sacks allowed.

They aren't perfect, not by a long shot. But given who we have on our roster, you tell us (a question I posed to you in another thread) what would you do? Who would you start?

September 27th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Let me ask you, why is it ONLY Backus you are pointing out? Do you realize that the ENTIRE offensive line played poorly Sunday? Do you realize that ENTIRE offensive line didn't play all that well against the Chiefs or Bucs?

You keep harping about Backus, but he certainly isn't the only one who missed blocks, or who committed penalties, etc.

And if you think you are the only person on this forum that has noticed the chinks in the armor of this team, you are sorely mistaken. You are just the one who chooses to go on and on about it just moments after the Lions won the game, instead of allowing the opportunity to celebrate the victory in spite of the problems being experienced on BOTH sides of the ball.

Honestly, you remind me of all these draftniks who kept INSISTING the Lions had to get offensive linemen because they couldn't protect the quarterback, after they finished the season ranked sixth lowest in sacks allowed.

They aren't perfect, not by a long shot. But given who we have on our roster, you tell us (a question I posed to you in another thread) what would you do? Who would you start?

Backus is the one that was mentioned in the original comment and the one he was defending. No other reason adn don't try to invent something that is not there. The entire Oline has been horrid.

As far as the last question....I answered it in the other thread, not certain if you have a hard time readin or just felt like reading it twice?

September 27th, 2011, 5:27 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
Its easy to blame Backus because Allen made him look like a fool.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 27th, 2011, 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

FootballPhreak, everything you post is sarcastic as hell. Are you like that in reality too?

September 27th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Killwill25 wrote:
FootballPhreak, everything you post is sarcastic as hell. Are you like that in reality too?

In no way am I being sarcastic when I say Backus has been horrible. Or that there is nothing wrong with tearing apart your favorite team after a win.

But yes, I can laugh at pretty much anything. If you take life too serious, then it is not worth living :P

September 27th, 2011, 8:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

FootballPhreak wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

In no way am I being sarcastic when I say Backus has been horrible. Or that there is nothing wrong with tearing apart your favorite team after a win.

But yes, I can laugh at pretty much anything. If you take life too serious, then it is not worth living :P

fair enough

September 28th, 2011, 2:38 am
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
Backus is the one that was mentioned in the original comment and the one he was defending. No other reason adn don't try to invent something that is not there. The entire Oline has been horrid.

As far as the last question....I answered it in the other thread, not certain if you have a hard time readin or just felt like reading it twice?

First, I hadn't gone back to the other thread to see your answer.

Second, just because Backus was the one mentioned doesn't mean you need to harp on him exclusively. This was the first time I see that you acknowledged the entire line played poorly.

Third, you propose to sit Backus and start Gos and Hilliard?

Thank God you aren't the coach.

Hilliard was not much better than Gosder on Sunday, against Brian Robison, who nobody ever heard of. What makes you think he would have fared any better against Jared Allen?

There's no doubt in my mind that Backus needs to improve, and so do the rest of them. But Cherilus isn't even giving an honest effort, let alone the terrible technique he's shown. I'll take my chances with the guy that at least puts up a fight and never backs down. Cherilus is starting to mail it in.

September 28th, 2011, 8:42 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

First, I hadn't gone back to the other thread to see your answer.

Second, just because Backus was the one mentioned doesn't mean you need to harp on him exclusively. This was the first time I see that you acknowledged the entire line played poorly.

Third, you propose to sit Backus and start Gos and Hilliard?

Thank God you aren't the coach.

Hilliard was not much better than Gosder on Sunday, against Brian Robison, who nobody ever heard of. What makes you think he would have fared any better against Jared Allen?

There's no doubt in my mind that Backus needs to improve, and so do the rest of them. But Cherilus isn't even giving an honest effort, let alone the terrible technique he's shown. I'll take my chances with the guy that at least puts up a fight and never backs down. Cherilus is starting to mail it in.

OK, let's look at this a bit.

Poster A "Backus has been horrible"
Poster B "We just won, don't worry about Backus!"
Me: "Cherilus was terrible!"

Makes sense to me, I'll try it next time.

And Cherilus has the same # of penalties, fewer pressures, fewer hits, and fewer sacks given up. If you are not willing to at least TRY him while Backus is hurt, then I am glad YOU are not the coach.

September 28th, 2011, 11:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next