View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 4:55 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 GAME DAY THREAD: Lions Vs. ViQueens. 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: GAME DAY THREAD: Lions Vs. ViQueens.
I think what's happening is as we get better as a team, Backus is proving that he is no longer as good as the rest of the team. In 2008 and 2009 he was one of our best players because everyone sucked. I understand not wanting to start Hilliard but Jeff Backus is not a good LT. If anyone can post a list of starting LTs worse than him, I'd love to see it. the rest of our team and coaching staff are right in standing in Backus' corner but there is no way in hell he plays/starts for us next season. He is a loser. I'm not trying to insult him but losing and making stupid plays seems to be all he's known. How do you explain that last drive in regulation. And this is a 10 year vet? I go to google him and the first search that comes up when I start typing his name is Jeff Backus sacks allowed.

Jeff Backus is the only "same ol Lion" on the team

As for Gosder, I felt he had a decent 1st game in T.B. But after that penalty that almost lost the game, the coaching staff clearly lost confidence in him and he has visibly lost confidence in himself. I think after Gosder has about 2 or 3 good games, we will start to see his best football. I wish Backus went through what Gosder is going through 7 or 8 years ago.

September 28th, 2011, 12:45 pm
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
OK, let's look at this a bit.

Poster A "Backus has been horrible"
Poster B "We just won, don't worry about Backus!"
Me: "Cherilus was terrible!"

I have no idea what the Hell you are trying to say here......

FootballPhreak wrote:
And Cherilus has the same # of penalties, fewer pressures, fewer hits, and fewer sacks given up. If you are not willing to at least TRY him while Backus is hurt, then I am glad YOU are not the coach.

You forgot one thing....Cherilus isn't facing the same quality of player that Backus is facing, week in and week out. AND, the Lions tend to line Pettigrew up on the right side, where he lends help. There are many factors you aren't considering.

ALSO, how many minutes has Gosder played versus Backus this season? Bet you didn't consider that, did you?

And the injury Gos suffered is still bothering him, and that is what the coaches are saying is part of the reason for his poor showing. Excuses? I don't know. But I do know that the common stance is that microfracture surgery on the knee takes more than a year to fully recover from.

So, all told your data is incomplete and your telling me you'd rather put a guy with a bum knee out there at a new spot (LT) rather than a guy with a chest injury, who has played that position for years.

Why don't we just reserve a room for Stafford now at the DMC, complete with an onsite trauma surgical team, cause your idea will get him busted up worse than he has been in the past.

Cherilus has gotten benched twice this season already. I guess you know more than the Lions coaches. Wonder why you haven't been hired by any NFL or college teams yet?

September 28th, 2011, 5:05 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
OK, let's look at this a bit.

Poster A "Backus has been horrible"
Poster B "We just won, don't worry about Backus!"
Me: "Cherilus was terrible!"

I have no idea what the Hell you are trying to say here......

FootballPhreak wrote:
And Cherilus has the same # of penalties, fewer pressures, fewer hits, and fewer sacks given up. If you are not willing to at least TRY him while Backus is hurt, then I am glad YOU are not the coach.

You forgot one thing....Cherilus isn't facing the same quality of player that Backus is facing, week in and week out. AND, the Lions tend to line Pettigrew up on the right side, where he lends help. There are many factors you aren't considering.

ALSO, how many minutes has Gosder played versus Backus this season? Bet you didn't consider that, did you?

And the injury Gos suffered is still bothering him, and that is what the coaches are saying is part of the reason for his poor showing. Excuses? I don't know. But I do know that the common stance is that microfracture surgery on the knee takes more than a year to fully recover from.

So, all told your data is incomplete and your telling me you'd rather put a guy with a bum knee out there at a new spot (LT) rather than a guy with a chest injury, who has played that position for years.

Why don't we just reserve a room for Stafford now at the DMC, complete with an onsite trauma surgical team, cause your idea will get him busted up worse than he has been in the past.

Cherilus has gotten benched twice this season already. I guess you know more than the Lions coaches. Wonder why you haven't been hired by any NFL or college teams yet?

The first one is so obvious I have no idea where you lost the English. You keep saying I should debate Cherilus and the rest of the line when everyone else is debating Backus. Sounds to me like you are just trying to be a Backus apologist and get one more person with legitimate points off his back.

And as for the rest of the garbage you are spewing.....Cherilus has been on the field almost as much as Backus, because Backus keeps finding a seat on the bench as well. Noone ever said Backus wasn't going against better players, but that is precisely why Cherilus's stats are for the RIGHT SIDE WHERE I PROPOSED HE PLAYED. Hilliard has without a doubt outplayed Backus to this point. So a proposal to TRY it is in no way out of bounds. And I would certainly hope that considering each of their performances to this point the coaching staff is at least considering it. Anyone with a brain would.

September 28th, 2011, 5:34 pm
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
The first one is so obvious I have no idea where you lost the English. You keep saying I should debate Cherilus and the rest of the line when everyone else is debating Backus. Sounds to me like you are just trying to be a Backus apologist and get one more person with legitimate points off his back.

I simply said the entire line hasn't played well, and pointed out that you keep talking about how bad Backus has been. I'm simply saying it's not just him.

FootballPhreak wrote:
And as for the rest of the garbage you are spewing.....Cherilus has been on the field almost as much as Backus, because Backus keeps finding a seat on the bench as well. Noone ever said Backus wasn't going against better players, but that is precisely why Cherilus's stats are for the RIGHT SIDE WHERE I PROPOSED HE PLAYED. Hilliard has without a doubt outplayed Backus to this point. So a proposal to TRY it is in no way out of bounds. And I would certainly hope that considering each of their performances to this point the coaching staff is at least considering it. Anyone with a brain would.

Cherilus has been on the field almost as much as Backus? That's a bunch of crap. Gosder has been benched, twice. He got benched after the first quarter of the Minnesota game, and was benched during the Chiefs game. In both those games, he struggled against relative nobodies, and couldn't hack it. But by all means, yes, he's a better option. Backus was given one quarter off so far, at the end of the Chiefs game, and it was to rest him and not because of his level of play. And based on that ONE QUARTER OF PLAY, you want to claim Hilliard is better as a left tackle?! I suppose based on one quarter of play, we should start cutting players then, huh? Calvin had a bad first half against Minnesota....let's cut him. Best only got a few yards for the whole game against Minnesota...let's trade his butt. Really, you are utterly ridiculous with that notion.

And I like your last sentence...anyone with a brain would? I suppose that means Schwartz and Linehan are brainless then, since they haven't taken on your master plan? #-o :-&

Hey, anybody else out there think Schwartz and Linehan are brainless, because obvious Phreak does.

Oh, and for the record, I am not a Backus apologist. I've said all along that he's played poorly. But I also contend that right now, he's our best option at left tackle. And one quarter by Hilliard at the end of a blowout game where the ENTIRE Chiefs defense gave up, is by no means proof of anything different.

Get a #$&*ing grip on reality.

September 28th, 2011, 10:05 pm
RIP Killer

In all fairness, hilliard did 10 times better on Hali than backus did. Backus couldn't even turn the corner to slow Hali down - Hilliard actually did

September 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

m2karateman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I simply said the entire line hasn't played well, and pointed out that you keep talking about how bad Backus has been. I'm simply saying it's not just him.

FootballPhreak wrote:

Cherilus has been on the field almost as much as Backus? That's a bunch of crap. Gosder has been benched, twice. He got benched after the first quarter of the Minnesota game, and was benched during the Chiefs game. In both those games, he struggled against relative nobodies, and couldn't hack it. But by all means, yes, he's a better option. Backus was given one quarter off so far, at the end of the Chiefs game, and it was to rest him and not because of his level of play. And based on that ONE QUARTER OF PLAY, you want to claim Hilliard is better as a left tackle?! I suppose based on one quarter of play, we should start cutting players then, huh? Calvin had a bad first half against Minnesota....let's cut him. Best only got a few yards for the whole game against Minnesota...let's trade his butt. Really, you are utterly ridiculous with that notion.

And I like your last sentence...anyone with a brain would? I suppose that means Schwartz and Linehan are brainless then, since they haven't taken on your master plan? #-o :-&

Hey, anybody else out there think Schwartz and Linehan are brainless, because obvious Phreak does.

Oh, and for the record, I am not a Backus apologist. I've said all along that he's played poorly. But I also contend that right now, he's our best option at left tackle. And one quarter by Hilliard at the end of a blowout game where the ENTIRE Chiefs defense gave up, is by no means proof of anything different.

Get a #$&*ing grip on reality.

You get a f'n grip.

You lie, then claim it as truth, you are just as stupid on other MB's I see you on.

Get over yourself dumass.

The coaching staff has played with it, And Backus has been benched almost as much as GC, guess you DON'T EVEN WATCH YOUR OWN TEAM. Or are you a Seattle fan?

September 29th, 2011, 9:15 am
Modmin Dude

Hey kids, do the adults need to lock this thread or are you going to finally drop it?

September 29th, 2011, 11:27 am
RIP Killer

FootballPhreak wrote:
You lie, then claim it as truth, you are just as stupid on other MB's I see you on.

And what lie did I tell?

FootballPhreak wrote:
The coaching staff has played with it, And Backus has been benched almost as much as GC, guess you DON'T EVEN WATCH YOUR OWN TEAM. Or are you a Seattle fan?

Jeff Backus has missed only one quarter for this season. He has not missed any other plays on offense in this season. He was taken out for rest at the end of the KC game, he was not benched. Schwartz was very specific about that (or do you not listen/watch the press conferences after the game?). The game was out of hand when Backus came out. Yet you are the one trying to pass off the lie that Gosder and Backus have seen an equivalent amount of playing time. That's simply not true, and anyone watching the games knows this. Tell me when you think Backus was benched.

Did he come out in Tampa? No
Did he come out in Minnesota? No
Did he play the first three quarters against KC? Yes.

Was Cherilus benched for poor play in the last two games? Yes.

Apparently you don't follow this team very much.

September 29th, 2011, 11:34 am
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

And what lie did I tell?

FootballPhreak wrote:

Jeff Backus has missed only one quarter for this season. He has not missed any other plays on offense in this season. He was taken out for rest at the end of the KC game, he was not benched. Schwartz was very specific about that (or do you not listen/watch the press conferences after the game?). The game was out of hand when Backus came out. Yet you are the one trying to pass off the lie that Gosder and Backus have seen an equivalent amount of playing time. That's simply not true, and anyone watching the games knows this. Tell me when you think Backus was benched.

Did he come out in Tampa? No
Did he come out in Minnesota? No
Did he play the first three quarters against KC? Yes.

Was Cherilus benched for poor play in the last two games? Yes.

Apparently you don't follow this team very much.

I agree with M2. Man i get sick of reading this guys garbage. Its like the Lions win, and all of us are celebrating.

Not Phreak.

"Im pissed that they won, because they arent a 100% perfect team so they dont deserve to win!" I cant see him saying that.

I sure hope the Lions dont win on Sunday, I dont want FootballPhreak to get upset. Like I said, the Lions arent perfect, so apparently they dont deserve any praise. ?????????????????????

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 29th, 2011, 11:42 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

kdsberman wrote:
I agree with M2. Man i get sick of reading this guys garbage. Its like the Lions win, and all of us are celebrating.

Not Phreak.

"Im pissed that they won, because they arent a 100% perfect team so they dont deserve to win!" I cant see him saying that.

I sure hope the Lions dont win on Sunday, I dont want FootballPhreak to get upset. Like I said, the Lions arent perfect, so apparently they dont deserve any praise. ?????????????????????

Pay attention. This didn't even start with me complaining. It started when I defended SOMEONE ELSE'S right to point out the things that are wrong. Heck, I only agreed with half of his post, but those with blinders on just think it would be cool to float on the kool aid and miss the playoffs again :roll:

Get a grip homers. I have never seen as bad of homers as I have on this site. It really leads to very uninteresting discussion.

September 29th, 2011, 2:26 pm
League MVP

this thread has gotten out of control. m2k is giving opinions based on facts. the others have opinions and are making up facts to support themselves. watch the games carefully then make judgements - it is very easy for casual fans to say that the line sucks or this and that when we are giving up sacks but you have to watch to know if it is general miscommunication and confusion or individuals getting dominated.

Cherilus is playing at a very low level. Okay in week 1 but horribible considering the penalties he had. BC of this he was benched in Week 2 and played only late in the game. In week 3, Cherilus looked he was either lost or didnt care bc he was getting destroyed and literally, wasnt even putting a hand on people. He was pulled after 2 series which were I think 6 plays. essentially cherilus has played one full game and about a combined one quarter in the other two games - so you cant make the stats comparison with Backus who has played almost the entirety of all 3 games except for a couple series vs KC when the game was long decided. Hilliard came in and gave an effort which made the difference but he was still getting whipped around like a school child.

No way in hell Cherilus could step in and play LT for Backus right now bc Cherilus is considerably worse than Backus. Hilliard isnt much better but is our best option at RT. I dont think he is better than Backus but if he is and you move him to the left, who plays the RT spot? Backus would have to, and it just doesnt make sense bc you then have both players playing but out of position.

No arguing that Backus got dominated last week but he made an effort. Cherilus didnt throw a block the entire time he was in and showed extremely poor effort. Backus play very easily couldve resulted in a game losing safety or field goal at the end of regulation by the Vikes but even in that scenario he is the best option at LT for this team short of someone that is not on our roster.

September 29th, 2011, 2:30 pm
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
Hey kids, do the adults need to lock this thread or are you going to finally drop it?

Guess not. Thread locked.

September 29th, 2011, 2:41 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9