View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Enjoy some Schadenfraude at the Vikings expense 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Enjoy some Schadenfraude at the Vikings expense
I thought it might be fun to visit some Vikings forums and see what Vikings fans were saying. They are understandably incensed and I'm loving it.

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/view ... =1&t=23471

http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/view ... =1&t=23492

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/vikings-v ... d-1108327/

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/childress ... g-1108329/

Oh, btw, that laughing sound you hear is former Vikings coach Brad Childress laughing his rectum off. Check out this awesome sig at the bottom of the 6th post in that thread:

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/childress ... ost1110918

September 26th, 2011, 2:10 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Enjoy some Schadenfraude at the Vikings expense
I'd be pretty pissed if I was a Vikes fan. 4th and inches and you run Gerhardt?

September 26th, 2011, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

Bigger question...why run anyone? Why not kick the FG and make it a 6 point game? Wierd....if Schwartz did something like that, we'd be calling for his head to be put into a vice with Joe Pesce turning the crank.

September 26th, 2011, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

I don't mind the misdirection to Geirhart, but why didn't they kick the FG? The only thing I didn't like about the call is that you listened to your RB and then didn't give him the ball. If you have so much faith, give the guy the ball who changed your mind.

If I were going to make the call, I would have considered that play... but no one would let me call plays in the NFL ;)

September 26th, 2011, 10:42 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

steensn wrote:
I don't mind the misdirection to Geirhart, but why didn't they kick the FG? The only thing I didn't like about the call is that you listened to your RB and then didn't give him the ball. If you have so much faith, give the guy the ball who changed your mind.

If I were going to make the call, I would have considered that play... but no one would let me call plays in the NFL ;)

In the words of a fat douche bag QB, "Good for us, bad for them, I guess."

September 27th, 2011, 12:29 am
Team MVP

Seems pretty simple to me: You have the luxury of having the best RB in the game, and you dont use him in a critical sitution. Sounds like you deserve to lose.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

September 27th, 2011, 12:34 am
League MVP

Quote:
Bigger question...why run anyone? Why not kick the FG and make it a 6 point game? Wierd....if Schwartz did something like that, we'd be calling for his head to be put into a vice with Joe Pesce turning the crank.

disagree plus you spelled weird wrong..jk but you did

had they kicked the FG and made it a 6 point game then he has us coming down the field for potentially a game winning touchdown which I assure you we would ve done him no better and maybe worse than the 3 point lead. Linehan seemed to call plays tentatively when we were on that game tying drive once we got into FG territory and down by 6 I bet we score a go ahead TD and win in regulation. Frazier wanted to kick the FG initially but AP waves him off - the problem wasnt going for it it was trying to deceive us but then choosing a bad play with the wrong running back and running at absolutely the wrong player of the defense. Really whats the point in tricking us? AP is not getting paid to be a decoy for Gerhart... They know that KVB crashes hard off the edge and makes plays on inside runs or even backside - the Vikes even gameplanned around this by running reverse plays at KVB but they forgot that knowledge at the most crucial time. Run this play with AP to the other side or even to same side with someone putting a body on KVB and they get the first and if they evetually score a TD maybe the game.

the reason to go for it there is because it puts you up two scores and essentially wins the game while you are still clinging if you kick a FG

September 27th, 2011, 4:54 am

I would've gone for it. It's just the Lions.... 8)

September 27th, 2011, 5:49 am
RIP Killer

The Legend wrote:
Quote:

disagree plus you spelled weird wrong..jk but you did

had they kicked the FG and made it a 6 point game then he has us coming down the field for potentially a game winning touchdown which I assure you we would ve done him no better and maybe worse than the 3 point lead. Linehan seemed to call plays tentatively when we were on that game tying drive once we got into FG territory and down by 6 I bet we score a go ahead TD and win in regulation. Frazier wanted to kick the FG initially but AP waves him off - the problem wasnt going for it it was trying to deceive us but then choosing a bad play with the wrong running back and running at absolutely the wrong player of the defense. Really whats the point in tricking us? AP is not getting paid to be a decoy for Gerhart... They know that KVB crashes hard off the edge and makes plays on inside runs or even backside - the Vikes even gameplanned around this by running reverse plays at KVB but they forgot that knowledge at the most crucial time. Run this play with AP to the other side or even to same side with someone putting a body on KVB and they get the first and if they evetually score a TD maybe the game.

the reason to go for it there is because it puts you up two scores and essentially wins the game while you are still clinging if you kick a FG

The reason you DON'T go for it is how it played out. You don't put the opposing team on a short field if you can help it. With Hanson having already boomed a 50 yarder, you now have given the opposing offense what amounts to essentially a 47 yard field to work with, assuming they start from the 20 yard line. I'd take my chances with that and kick the high percentage FG before I'd run anyone on 4th and 1, which is a lower percentage play than the FG. You put points on the board when you can.

It's true that if the Vikings get the first down, they likely win the game. But that's a big IF. And nobody, but nobody, can guarantee that if the Vikings had given the ball to AP he would have made the first down. KVB made the play on Gerhardt, but who do you think all the other Lions players were keying on? I, for one, think they would have been better suited to do a PA fake to AP, and then had McNabb roll out with an option to throw or run it himself.

But I digress. I still contend that if the roles were reversed and Schwartz made that call, he would have been lambasted by fans and media alike. Never mind the fact that Leslie Frazier allowed a player to dictate what his team was going to do. Sorry, but that's just a bad move.

September 27th, 2011, 9:22 am
National Champion

Killwill25 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Uh, Scott Mitchell?

September 27th, 2011, 9:32 am

Hystrix wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Uh, Scott Mitchell?

Jay Cutler after the whole Calvin catch/non-catch deal.

September 27th, 2011, 11:28 am
National Champion

Killwill25 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:
steensn wrote:

Uh, Scott Mitchell?

Jay Cutler after the whole Calvin catch/non-catch deal.

Oh, ok.

I was thinking Scott Mitchell:

Fat? Check
Douchebag? Check
QB? Maybe...

But Cutler fits that one too...

September 27th, 2011, 11:36 am
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
m2karateman wrote:
Pablo wrote:

AP wanted to go for it.

Living in Minnesota I hear what a bunch say, couple fans say its a waste of time watching them. Another couple say they are going to watch the Lions (no joke), and others said there going to watch the Lynx, only team in Minnesota worth watching.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 27th, 2011, 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

Growler wrote:
I thought it might be fun to visit some Vikings forums and see what Vikings fans were saying. They are understandably incensed and I'm loving it.

Oh, btw, that laughing sound you hear is former Vikings coach Brad Childress laughing his rectum off. Check out this awesome sig at the bottom of the 6th post in that thread:

So, does this mean that you have climbed back on the Lions Band wagon? You jumped off it after the 1st quarter on Sunday. At least you said you were jumping off the wagon in Chat. I'm glad the Lions players didn't bail like you did.

September 27th, 2011, 9:39 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
BillySims wrote:
Growler wrote:

So, does this mean that you have climbed back on the Lions Band wagon? You jumped off it after the 1st quarter on Sunday. At least you said you were jumping off the wagon in Chat. I'm glad the Lions players didn't bail like you did.

He got off, went to the Vikings wagon, fell apart, and came back.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

September 28th, 2011, 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next